Broncos Schedule

Falconsfan567

Why don't the Broncos get bashed for their schedule? Oh wait it's because they've got "Peyton Manning". :rolleyes:

Look at who the Broncos beat.

Week 1 - PIT (8-8)

Week 4 - OAK (4-12)

Week 6 - @ SD - (7-9)

Week 8 - NO - (7-9)

Week 9 - @ CIN (10-6)

Week 10 - @ CAR (7-9)

Week 11 - SD (7-9)

Week 12 - @ KC (2-14)

Week 13 - TB (7-9)

Week 14 - @ OAK (4-12)

Week 15 - @ BAL (10-6)

Week 16 - CLE (5-11)

Week 17 - KC (2-14)

The teams they beat combined to go 80-128 (.385)

Now look at who the Falcons beat.

Week 1 - @ KC (2-14)

Week 2 - DEN (13-3)

Week 3 - @ SD (7-9)

Week 4 - CAR (7-9)

Week 5 - @ WAS (10-6)

Week 6 - OAK (4-12)

Week 8 - @ PHI (4-12)

Week 9 - DAL (8-8)

Week 11 - ARI (5-11)

Week 12 - @ TB (7-9)

Week 13 - NO (7-9)

Week 15 - NYG (9-7)

Week 16 - @ DET (4-12)

The teams they beat combined to go 87-121 (.418)

So the teams the Falcons beat combined for a better record than the teams the Broncos beat. Yet all the media ever does is bash the Falcons for playing the "weakest" schedule in the NFL and the Broncos schedule never gets mentioned.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton Manning has won a Super Bowl and this same team managed to pull a unicorn wizard out of their *** last year by actually winning a playoff game with Timothy Tebow as their QB.

Having a Super Bowl winning QB and a team and coaching staff who has actually won a playoff game in the past 4 years kind of matters.

Peyton Manning has won a Super Bowl and this same team managed to pull a unicorn wizard out of their *** last year by actually winning a playoff game with Timothy Tebow as their QB.

Having a Super Bowl winning QB and a team and coaching staff who has actually won a playoff game in the past 4 years kind of matters.

Why doesn't anyone ever talk about the Broncos playing a weak schedule? Not once this season have I heard 1 thing about the Broncos schedule. Why?

Why doesn't anyone ever talk about the Broncos playing a weak schedule? Not once this season have I heard 1 thing about the Broncos schedule. Why?

It's not that they have a weak schedule, but that they have convincingly beat most of the teams that were considered weak. Whereas we have kept it close in many game that we should have dominated.

Because they've beaten the **** out of every crappy team on their schedule. We get manhandled and thrown all around the football field by inferior teams on a routine basis.

You're allowed to have a weak schedule as long as you hang 30 and 40 burgers all season. When you have to perform rain dances and ritual sacrifices in order to pull out victories against shitgoon teams then nobody is going to respect you. With good reason.

Because they've beaten the **** out of every crappy team on their schedule. We get manhandled and thrown all around the football field by inferior teams on a routine basis.

You're allowed to have a weak schedule as long as you hang 30 and 40 burgers all season. When you have to perform rain dances and ritual sacrifices in order to pull out victories against shitgoon teams then nobody is going to respect you. With good reason.

Who the eff cares about how much you win games by? This ain't college. We don't have the BCS crap in the NFL. It's just win the games. The Falcons actually did better against the better teams. The Broncos did worst against the better teams. Should that matter? I think it should because the teams the Falcons lost to won't be in the playoffs. The teams the Broncos lost to are in the playoffs.

Who the eff cares about how much you win games by? This ain't college. We don't have the BCS crap in the NFL. It's just win the games. The Falcons actually did better against the better teams. The Broncos did worst against the better teams. Should that matter? I think it should because the teams the Falcons lost to won't be in the playoffs. The teams the Broncos lost to are in the playoffs.

How much you win games by is a pretty good indicator of how this team could just as easily be 10-6 instead of 13-3.

I don't even understand the position you're taking with your last couple of sentences. Are you saying losing to ****** teams is better than losing to playoff caliber teams?

That's not the point of the thread. Just showing that the teams the Falcons beat were better than the teams the Broncos beat yet all we ever hear is the Falcons played the weakest schedule in the NFL and no one ever mentions the Broncos schedule.

Both teams had easy schedules. We beat better teams and lost to worse teams, yet the Broncos had a much higher point differential with the same record.

Again, the pluses and minuses of this season are not impacted by the schedule in Denver.

The media are hypocrites. They pander to the teams with bigger fan bases and we aren't one of them.

They despise the falcons, so we never get the benefit of the doubt. In factl,they will go out of their way to find negatives about us, even if that means being downright dishhonest. On the contray, they go out of their way to talk up teams like NY/WashingtonDallas/San FranF/Green Bay/ New england/ Denver.

But but but did we not already beat the Donks and the godchild ? .....oh, wait, I'm forgetting they were not ' themselves " when we played them .......GTFO .....blink.png

Why is this such a monumentally alien concept for fans to comprehend? I have seen people continuously use this as a sarcastic response when talking about our win over the Broncos.

People say that because it is a factual statement. The Broncos that are playing now are not the Broncos that we played. We played them in their 2nd ever game with Peyton at QB. Everybody was adapting and trying to get comfortable. They have reeled off 11 wins in a row.

Remember how we beat Green Bay in the regular season in 2010 and EVERYBODY in the media was saying how it's not the same Green Bay team we played earlier in the year before the playoff game? Remember how mad that made everybody? Remember when Aaron Rodgers ripped the roof off the Georgia Dome and released his bowels all over everyone inside?

Maybe instead of displaying knee-jerk anger you should actually think about why people are saying that.

WOW. . that has got to be the easiest cakest schedule I have ever seen in my life. Coincidentally, look at their losses. . . .ATL, HOU, NE PLUS they got to have the weakest division in football

Edited by Falcon Knight

Who the eff cares about how much you win games by? This ain't college.

Certainly it has nothing to do with the standings, but you don't judge a team by how they look agaist bad opponents even if they win? The Falcons fans seem to exempt us from this same judgment criteria. As Parabola said:

"Because they've beaten the **** out of every crappy team on their schedule. We get manhandled and thrown all around the football field by inferior teams on a routine basis."

That's just a fact of life. And the reason the Broncos are considered 'better'.

Edited by fuego

How much you win games by is a pretty good indicator of how this team could just as easily be 10-6 instead of 13-3.

I don't even understand the position you're taking with your last couple of sentences. Are you saying losing to ****** teams is better than losing to playoff caliber teams?

I'm saying the Falcons play better against the better teams which bodes well for the playoffs since there's no scrub teams in the playoffs.

Also, why did you put Peyton Manning in quotations followed by a rolly-eyes smiley? Are you insinuating that the person playing quarterback for the Broncos is not actually Peyton Manning?

No. The media acts like Peyton Manning has never lost a playoff game before. That Peyton Manning has never been 1 and done in the playoffs 7 times in his career. Have you seen tv? The Broncos are already in the Super Bowl against the Packers. Why even play the games?

You think the Broncos are worried about the Texans, or even the Patriots for that matter? The latter two should be bracing for a trip to Mile High.