Do You Think The Coaches Do This?

pzummo

Every time I watch a game, I find myself trying to predict every play. I saw where Smith said the coaches are preparing for 3 teams. So that made me wonder...

Do you think Keotter and Nolan will be watching the 3 teams on Saturday and Sunday calling defensive and offensive plays to see how they'd turn out against what play those teams actually run in the game? Or do you think they wait for the film to evaluate what they did and how to matchup against it? Or both...

I think they watch the last four weeks of film for a team and note down-and-distance tendencies and personnel packages. Then they look for formations and shifts. Then they look for things unique to that specific team. Then they look for tells and try to identify whether the team is intentionally showing a tell or not.

from what I know, coaches rarely watch the live game on TV, maybe they will for the playoffs, idk

Actually I have heard the opposite, being that the Coaches who have the bye week

will be watching the games.

And if you ask me the entire coaching staff should be watching the games with Supes and Gritz.

Guaranteed Lombardi.

Every time I watch a game, I find myself trying to predict every play. I saw where Smith said the coaches are preparing for 3 teams. So that made me wonder...

Do you think Keotter and Nolan will be watching the 3 teams on Saturday and Sunday calling defensive and offensive plays to see how they'd turn out against what play those teams actually run in the game? Or do you think they wait for the film to evaluate what they did and how to matchup against it? Or both...

I dont know if they do that, but I think that is VERY smart idea. especially with our history of messing up in the playoffs. like, mess up THIS weekend pretending to call plays in the film room and fix it for the do-over (real game) next weekend. Good idea... did you just think of that or have you heard this somewhere??

I'm gonna do this with my friends this weekend lol

from what I know, coaches rarely watch the live game on TV, maybe they will for the playoffs, idk

Yeah, coaches watch video from a longer range than the closeups on TV plus they would never waste their time listening to the egos and drama queen announcers. They'd have nausea for days.