Some Cool Stats For The End Of The Season

MilleniumFalcon

Courtesy of Brian Cearns, Football Communications Coordinator for the Atlanta Falcons.

The Falcons 55 penalties this season and 415 penalty yds are the fewest in NFL history in a 16-game season.

Falcons RB Michael Turner & Adrian Peterson are the only players to score 10+ rushing TDs in each of the last 5 seasons.

According to Stats LLC. (and my calculator) Asante Samuel is the second fastest CB in NFL history to reach 50 INTs.

Matt Ryan finished the season ranked in the Top 6 of every passing catergory, including leading the NFL in completion % 68.6.

HC Mike Smith's 56 wins in his first five seasons are the second-most by any coach in his first five seasons. Trails only G. Seifert (62).

Courtesy of Brian Cearns, Football Communications Coordinator for the Atlanta Falcons.

The Falcons 55 penalties this season and 415 penalty yds are the fewest in NFL history in a 16-game season.

^^^^^HOLY COW!!!!

Falcons RB Michael Turner & Adrian Peterson are the only players to score 10+ rushing TDs in each of the last 5 seasons.

Congrats Turner. . good for him

According to Stats LLC. (and my calculator) Asante Samuel is the second fastest CB in NFL history to reach 50 INTs.

Matt Ryan finished the season ranked in the Top 6 of every passing catergory, including leading the NFL in completion % 68.6.

Didnt know Ryan leads the NFL in completion %. . . WTG Ryan!!!! 68.6 is stellar, too! Top six in every category. .wow. . .he is on his way

HC Mike Smith's 56 wins in his first five seasons are the second-most by any coach in his first five seasons. Trails only G. Seifert (62).

Smittyball FTW LOL

Thanks MFalcon. . . great thread!!!

Edited by Falcon Knight

To think. There were discussions last year on this board where people didn't want Samuel because of his gambling instinct. I can't say I'm a fan of his entire play style but I respect his ability to read the qb. If dunta could catch like him we would have 2 CBs with 5 interceptions. Congrats to all