What Coaches Will Be Fired On The Falcons?

Guest fibonacci

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

So it looked like Coach Armstrong was going to ride out Franks until the end of his career.

But shockingly he put Harry Douglas in at the begging of yesterdays game.

(He did not; I repeat did not, put him in because Dunta and Samuels got hurt. HD was the KR before the D was even on the field.)

So did he keep his job?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now I ask; what about Coach Scelfo makes you believe he should be allowed to stay next year?

Cause all I have seen is TE's not performing to what they should be. If it was not for Tony I fear we would have nothing but TE blockers.

Do you think Palmer and other players could end up performing better without Coach Scelfo? Just as Owens, McClain and others have done with a new coach on D?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there anyone else you think is on the hott seat?

If the Falcons go the distance nobody is on the hot seat probably.

If they get manhandled in the trenches again, probably be looking for yet another OL coach.

You may be right. But eventually we have to look at the person picking these hapless linemen. Not saying TD needs to go, but he definitely needs to do some self scouting on his scouting.

I want the Falcons to quit drafting jack of all trade, master of none types and get some maulers. No projects or do it all people, just good old fashion graders and punishers.

If they get manhandled in the trenches again, probably be looking for yet another OL coach.

Considering the dismal run blocking, inconsistent pass blocking and Konz looking worse and worse as the season progressed, I think Pat Hill should be fired immediately. Going into the post-season without him might be better than keeping him around for one more game.

Putting HD in as punt returner has nothing to do with the man keeping his job. Having his guys go out every week and not give the returner any room to make a return is the bigger issue. Like I said yesterday, putting hd back there makes no difference if he can't go anywhere which has been evident the few times he has return a punt. Franks was protecting himself with all those fair catches. I wouldn't go out and get myself hurt either if I was him.

WTF?

We can easily judge new coaches - look at the EXISTING players and see if they improve.

- Baker and Reynolds were about 10000% better than last year

- Blalock was about the same

- Clabo wasn't quite as good in my opinion, but guys like PFF and John Hollinger claiming he should be an all-pro suggest he wasn't horrible!

- McClure has gotten old, but he started to look his age towards the end of 2011

That sounds like we got BETTER. And Boudreau was hardly a scrub - he's doing a decent job in St Louis.

Konz and Holmes by contrast we have never seen in the NFL before. Perhaps they are just not that talented - which falls on the talent identification side of the operation.

WTF?

We can easily judge new coaches - look at the EXISTING players and see if they improve.

- Baker and Reynolds were about 10000% better than last year

- Blalock was about the same

- Clabo wasn't quite as good in my opinion, but guys like PFF and John Hollinger claiming he should be an all-pro suggest he wasn't horrible!

- McClure has gotten old, but he started to look his age towards the end of 2011

That sounds like we got BETTER. And Boudreau was hardly a scrub - he's doing a decent job in St Louis.

Konz and Holmes by contrast we have never seen in the NFL before. Perhaps they are just not that talented - which falls on the talent identification side of the operation.

How can everybody be playing great when the team can't run the ball?

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Putting HD in as punt returner has nothing to do with the man keeping his job. Having his guys go out every week and not give the returner any room to make a return is the bigger issue. Like I said yesterday, putting hd back there makes no difference if he can't go anywhere which has been evident the few times he has return a punt. Franks was protecting himself with all those fair catches. I wouldn't go out and get myself hurt either if I was him.

I wondered thus some as well.

Either way Armstrong might not be landing on the falcons/moon next year

Considering the dismal run blocking, inconsistent pass blocking and Konz looking worse and worse as the season progressed, I think Pat Hill should be fired immediately. Going into the post-season without him might be better than keeping him around for one more game.

The offensive line has played better than it did last year. Also that's a great idea lets create controversy right before our first playoff game.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

How can everybody be playing great when the team can't run the ball?

well here is your options.

Get a RB that can punch the ball. And see if that fixes the problem.

Get a new coach on the line and see if that fixes the problem.

If you get a RB you'll find out if it was the coach or player.

If you get rid of the coach you run the risk of the passing game not being well and your running game still sucking.

So two cons or one?

For me I say just get a RB.

Side note: we are passing more then running. Not cause of our run game, but because we want to.

- we even wanted to get away from our run game last year

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Koetter to be interviewed by the chiefs

I just don't see a coach working for a year, seeing we can get to the playoffs with ease, and just leaving