Only 2 Elite/proven Qbs In The Nfc Playoffs

J-Wall

Your thread title is a non sequitur. How can you be "proven" without playoff success...or elite for that matter?

Ryan is not an elite QB now. He could reach that status with a better O-line. If the falcons make it to the Superbowl this year Ryan for sure should be called elite.

You on the other hand I am not so sure of.

Ryan is not an elite QB now. He could reach that status with a better O-line. If the falcons make it to the Superbowl this year Ryan for sure should be called elite.

You on the other hand I am not so sure of.

I don't have any playoff wins either, so I am not elite.

Takes more than a Super Bowl or two to get up to the "elite" level, as Eli and Big Ben have shown. Matt is still shy of proven, much less of that level and much, much less "elite"

Ryan has played like an elite QB this year. I do believe it will take a couple of playoff victories though before that term is routinely used to describe him.

It's a weird word that gets thrown around far too much anyway....Very subjective, kind of like the word beautiful....what's beautiful to one person might not be so for the next.

I did not say Ryan would be elite. I said he should be called elite if Ryan can win a Superbowl behind the O-line he has he will be elite in my book. As it would be hard for any other QB to play any better with the Falcons O-line.

Oh but I am sure you could be that QB. Then you like to bash Ryan. If you hate Ryan so much why do you stay here? I am sure you can find another team to pull for. I have seen Ryan take some big steps forward this year. I think the team is holding Ryan back more than Ryan holding the team back.

Edited by high impact

An elite QB doesn't need a better O-Line to be elite, or a better running game...he might need it to be more successful, but an elite QB is elite regardless.

If he can get a SB and play as well as he has in his good games this year, he'll be elite in my eyes...for all that matters. Lombardi or bust.

Truth...If Ryan is the quarterback I believe he is, no more pieces are required for him to deliver a Lombardi. The only thing ill say he may need is a true pass blocking right guard. Then slide Konz to center. Though Reynolds was dang good this season so we may be good to go.

An elite QB doesn't need a better O-Line to be elite, or a better running game...he might need it to be more successful, but an elite QB is elite regardless.

If he can get a SB and play as well as he has in his good games this year, he'll be elite in my eyes...for all that matters. Lombardi or bust.

Ok, I will call you on this give me one QB that is elite with a bad O-line?

I did not say Ryan would be elite. I said he should be called elite if Ryan can win a Superbowl behind the O-line he has he will be elite in my book. As it would be hard for any other QB to play any better with the Falcons O-line.

Oh but I am sure you could be that QB. Then you like to bash Ryan. If you hate Ryan so much why do you stay here? I am sure you can find another team to pull for. I have seen Ryan take some big steps forward this year. I think the team is holding Ryan back more than Ryan holding the team back.

I assume you are talking to me......should learn to use the <quote> button.

Eli and Ben each won 2 Super Bowls behind weak O-lines, yet are not elite. Elite is winning titles and MVP trophies. Not elite if you haven't done either.

Before you wet your pants over 2012, be aware that this new improved offense and defense played 16 games to 13-3 and a point differential of +120.

In 2010, they were 13-3 with a point differential of +126. Strength of schedule in 2012 was .422. In 2010 it was a much higher .496.

Ok, I will call you on this give me one QB that is elite with a bad O-line?

Aaron Rodgers.

**** in our playoff game against them we came through their line like it wasnt even there, but he was able to avoid the pressure and complete long passes down the field. I can still picture our defenders whiffing at him like he was a Spanish matador.

Edited by the_sheff

Ok, what make Rogers elite? Also what makes you think the Green Bay has a bad line. I like Rogers and think when he is done he will be elite. I also think they have a better O-line than the Flacons have.

MVP, SB MVP and a Lombardi. #1 all time rated passer, regular and post season, plus he is a good runner.

Green Bay O-line has lost starting RT Brian Bulaga and just demoted their Pro Bowl Center. Last year they lost both starting OTs.