De Corey Lemonier

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy is one of my favorite DE in this draft. He reminds me of Abraham a little. I think if he can get a little stronger and put on a few more pounds he will be the real deal. His production suffered this year because Auburn was just sorry all the way around. But the guy has Elite get off, and a very good motor. I am really hoping we are able to grab him, he could be a real steal in the second round for somebody.

He would be a great player. His stock has fallen so he should be available to take with our second round pick. That is if doesn't run a 4.5 at the combine like Bruce Irvin did last year. Lemonier will probably only be able to play 3rd downs only because he doesn't have the power to stop the run yet. I would love to have him though.

It's official. He will enter the draft. For me, the more DEs in the draft the better. Just makes it deeper for us. Maybe he fits Nolan scheme, maybe not. Maybe another DE that fits our scheme will now be available because another team that needs a DE drafts him rather one of our targets.

Now we need more OG to enter the draft early......

Hurts AU as they loose one of their more talented DE and their best pass rusher.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2012/12/corey_lemonier_says_hell_leave.html

He has one weapon and it's a speed rush. He doesn't have any power to him at all.

Even though I was wrong about Irvin looking back I underestimated just how developed his counter move back to the inside was, Lemonier doesn't have one and that's a huge problem

You can't teach speed and explosiveness, technique on the other hand can be refined and developed once he gets in the nfl. It's not that you underestimated how developed his counter move was, it's that you underestimated the guys ability to be taught. Same thing, with Lemonier. The guy has gone against top notch competition and performed well. He isn't the best run defender, but you get him in the game situationally until his strength is built a bit. Plus, he looks like a guy that could be used in a hybrid scheme like we use.

I want to take this time to extract my current comment that he would have to be developed, I watched around 20 video's against top teams and this guy can play, He has a variety of moves to get to the quarterback, is quick off the snap and to me he seems like he is good not great against the run. I think he will improve his draft stock at the combine and can add around 10-15 pounds more of muscle mass to become stronger, he is 6'4 250 right now and he has a solid bull rush, all that being said ..... I would definitely take him with a late first and have him start day one, the kid is solid and he has a big motor and can sniff out screen and chases down RB's and WR's never gives up on a play as well, has room to grow for sure.

I want to take this time to extract my current comment that he would have to be developed, I watched around 20 video's against top teams and this guy can play, He has a variety of moves to get to the quarterback, is quick off the snap and to me he seems like he is good not great against the run. I think he will improve his draft stock at the combine and can add around 10-15 pounds more of muscle mass to become stronger, he is 6'4 250 right now and he has a solid bull rush, all that being said ..... I would definitely take him with a late first and have him start day one, the kid is solid and he has a big motor and can sniff out screen and chases down RB's and WR's never gives up on a play as well, has room to grow for sure.

First may be a reach unless he flies up draft boards. I think he could be had with our 2nd round pick.

First may be a reach unless he flies up draft boards. I think he could be had with our 2nd round pick.

I don't think he will be their by the time we pick in the second, he probably is going to put up wicked numbers in the combine and senior bowl if he goes, it is possible that he might not even be their when we pick if he has a solid combine. I like the way the kid plays and could be solid if we get some girth at DT as well to help out the pass rush.

Exactly my sentiments. I believe with a little nfl coaching and strength training the guy will be the real deal. Had he Not been on the black hole that is auburn, and been a little more productive he would be a first round pick. You don't have a 10 sac season in the sec by accident. I think the whole Auburn team just gave up this year.

Trading back to get an extra second rounder would be the ideal way to get him

agreed, and I would do that for sure, Yea it seems like everyone on Auburn did, I think with a positive attitude and a mike nolan style defense he could get the most out of him.