Sorry If You Are Not Satisfied With Matt Ryan, You Are An Idiot

MSalmon

Ok, he, or rather the team has to win a playoff game. I get that. But geez what a season:

4700 yds, 68% comp; 32 TDs vs 14 ints!

Over 5 years 18k+ 127 TDs!

Call me crazy, but that controversial #3 overall pick turned out better than Flacco, Brohm, Dorsey and Long combined!

Grendel where are you? LOL

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a good season for him, next year if he want to take the jump to Elite he needs to enter the 40 tds club. He had a perfect season outside of 3 terrible games.

Yup, I won't disagree. He's definitely on the cusp. Look at his stats though and he has improved every year but his second year when he was hurt for 3 games I think. Most impressive is that 69% completion.

Take away 8 ints from 2 games and wow those numbers jump at you. He did finish top 5 in every major category

Be interesting in playoffs, because even in his 5 int performance, Matt has never looked lost like hedid in his first couple of years at times.

I don't put a lot of stock in yesterday's game, that looked like a preseason game the way the offense played. Very basic, plus you see Matt "fall down" when the bucs got near him lol

This was a good season for him, next year if he want to take the jump to Elite he needs to enter the 40 tds club. He had a perfect season outside of 3 terrible games.

I don't think stats alone make you an elite quarterback. I think it's more of winning when it matters most. Take guys like brees and eli Manning, they have thrown 20+ INTs in previous seasons yet are still considered amongst the best. But they have won in the post season.

I don't think stats alone make you an elite quarterback. I think it's more of winning when it matters most. Take guys like brees and eli Manning, they have thrown 20+ INTs in previous seasons yet are still considered amongst the best. But they have won in the post season.

I want playoffs wins also, but you and I know stats is what they look at to determine if you are elite. Big Ben have 2 superbowl yet his name is never thrown in the Elite catorgory. Dan Marino is consider one of the best, but Terry Bradshaw is never a thought.

Guest Negatorris

Been satisfied since the day we drafted him.

I won't lie though. If we go 0-4 in the playoffs, and Matt has a bad game, doubt will definitely start to creep into my mind. I don't see that happening at all though.

I want playoffs wins also, but you and I know stats is what they look at to determine if you are elite. Big Ben have 2 superbowl yet his name is never thrown in the Elite catorgory. Dan Marino is consider one of the best, but Terry Bradshaw is never a thought.

they consider Tony Romo elite as well which is mind boggling but he puts up huge numbers every year. That's why I pay the media no attention. At all. I'm also not a big stats man either so that's why I tend to go with winning over stats. Ryan has the regular season numbers, now he has to get it in the post season. Depending on which qb we play, the defense will be a huge reason he gets his first post season win, especially if the offense goes cold again in the first half

Ok, he, or rather the team has to win a playoff game. I get that. But geez what a season:

4700 yds, 68% comp; 32 TDs vs 14 ints!

Over 5 years 18k+ 127 TDs!

Call me crazy, but that controversial #3 overall pick turned out better than Flacco, Brohm, Dorsey and Long combined!

Grendel where are you? LOL

I love me some Matty Ice but the bold is false lol

Long will be a HOF OLineman if he stays healthy but you could still make the case that ryan is more valuable because he is a QB. And flacco sucks up the joint like 4 or 5 games in a season and he most def isnt Matt but combine Flacco and Long's value>Ryan

Love the enthusiasm though. But a little too much embellishment

they consider Tony Romo elite as well which is mind boggling but he puts up huge numbers every year. That's why I pay the media no attention. At all. I'm also not a big stats man either so that's why I tend to go with winning over stats. Ryan has the regular season numbers, now he has to get it in the post season. Depending on which qb we play, the defense will be a huge reason he gets his first post season win, especially if the offense goes cold again in the first half

Anyone who consider Romo elite is..... I rather not say but I agree with winning over stats but most of those who win without stats crash and burn hard. Vince Young, The Sanchise(remeber that), Alex Smith but I wouldn't say he crashed and burned but he did get replace.

Anyone who consider Romo elite is..... I rather not say but I agree with winning over stats but most of those who win without stats crash and burn hard. Vince Young, The Sanchise(remeber that), Alex Smith but I wouldn't say he crashed and burned but he did get replace.

Good point. No argument there. Alex Smith got screwed over and for that one truly wish them no success. I can understand losing your job for playing terribly but man oh mam

I love me some Matty Ice but the bold is false lol

Long will be a HOF OLineman if he stays healthy but you could still make the case that ryan is more valuable because he is a QB. And flacco sucks up the joint like 4 or 5 games in a season and he most def isnt Matt but combine Flacco and Long's value>Ryan

Love the enthusiasm though. But a little too much embellishment

I don't know. Long ill give ypu. I think Flacco would not have worked for the falcons. Very raw QB. He's not progressed a heckuva lot.

The Falcons QB in 2012 has been one of the top 5 QBs, fact. People can debate about what criteria they personally use to define "elite" all they want, but all the stats show him to be elite this year:

- 5th in passer rating (ahead of Brady)

- 4th in QBR (ahead of Rodgers)

- 1 of only 5 QBs to have thrown at least 30 TDs (only 1 had 40 or more)

- tied with P Manning for most games won this season

:Wins, passing TDs, efficiency- these are the criteria by which QBs are judged and Matt Ryan is consistently in the top 5 of all of them. The only criterion remaining is "playoff wins" and you can't start using it until the playoffs. Until then, the regular season is a large enough sample from which to judge. When your QB ranks in the top 5 of every major category, he is a top 5 QB, and thus is one of the best.

Edited by Kaptain Krazy

Its all about him performing now in the playoffs and not choke like he has in 3 prior playoff games ..He was part of the problem why Falcons lost in every playoff game they have had over past 4 years ..Ryan needs to be the solution and the answer. He can no longer be one of the problems for our playoff failures..Ryan had a great season . He looked like the 08' Ryan I was in love with at times in pocket ..His down field passing has also improved. Thats all I asked for as a fan...Hope he leads the team to Super Bowl.

There should be no excuse why he cant

Good point. No argument there. Alex Smith got screwed over and for that one truly wish them no success. I can understand losing your job for playing terribly but man oh mam

It seems as though Smith was finally learning how to play the position in the NFL.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in Arizona, they need a QB in the worst way, and I'm sure he would love a chance at payback 2 times a year for the next 5.

I don't know. Long ill give ypu. I think Flacco would not have worked for the falcons. Very raw QB. He's not progressed a heckuva lot.

Long has not been doing that great the past 2 years. Flacco is Brad Johnson/Trint Dilfer 2.0. His success is largely in part to that defense. He stepped into a franchise that was a perennial playoff team. Ryan stepped into a flamming pile of dog $hit & turned it into a perennial playoff team.