Its Time We Finally Get Abe Some Help

THE ICEMAN

I though one day kroy be a 10 sack a season guy but that's just not the case. Its almost like Beirman one of those guys thats in between being almost good enough to good starting DE and to good to stick in a reduced role. But when Abe gets shut done Beirman just can't pick up the slack.

I guess on the bright side if Abe is out looking like that's highly unlikely but if he is I feel pretty good with Sid and Mass as his replacements.

But going forward Abe's not a number 1 guy anymore with out some help and he'd be a much better pass rusher with some help.

I think we may over spend on cliff avirl and I'm not sold on him because that wide 9 is known to greatly benefit DE's and we don't play that. And I really don't feel good about drafting another DE unless we move up and take a can't miss guy.

I'd guess I'd be OK with Osi but still he's not the pass rusher he once was but he does have that Superbowl experience.

I though one day kroy be a 10 sack a season guy but that's just not the case. Its almost like Beirman one of those guys thats in between being almost good enough to good starting DE and to good to stick in a reduced role. But when Abe gets shut done Beirman just can't pick up the slack.

I guess on the bright side if Abe is out looking like that's highly unlikely but if he is I feel pretty good with Sid and Mass as his replacements.

But going forward Abe's not a number 1 guy anymore with out some help and he'd be a much better pass rusher with some help.

I think we may over spend on cliff avirl and I'm not sold on him because that wide 9 is known to greatly benefit DE's and we don't play that. And I really don't feel good about drafting another DE unless we move up and take a can't miss guy.

I'd guess I'd be OK with Osi but still he's not the pass rusher he once was but he does have that Superbowl experience.

That is HIGHLY unrealistic to hope Kroy, who plays the other end often, to have 10 sacks a season LOL

but anyway, we need to not only find Abe help . . .we need to find Abe's replacement

Edited by Falcon Knight

Kroy is not getting sacks but he was key in at least 6 picks with pressure on QB face, Even in the 4th down failed conversion against Giants he forced Eli to throw off target. There are never enough pass rushers in a team and Falcons should absolutely get more. Also Kroy gives the versatility to Nolan's defense so guys like Spoon and DB can make plays in backfield. Nolan sounds very excited when ever he talks about KB. Sid is on the bench for a reason under Nolan.

Edited by falcons007

DE will be by far our biggest need on D in the offseason, as it has been for a while

Landing a proven impact DE is the top priority

Osi Umenyiora and Dwight Freeney are 2 that immediately come to mind. Osi is the 3rd DE who says hes a starter not a bench player, wants out, he and Abe would be an outstanding edge rusher combo

Freeney is on a team thats going to the playoffs with a bright future so may want to stay but theyve switched to a 3-4 and hes not had a productive season as an OLB. He wants to return to the 4-3 and why not join a team a few years ahead of the Colts as a vet. He and Abe would be devastating

I would much prefer these proven vets over young guys like Cliff Avril and Michael Johnson, both of those play on good DLs just like Ray Edwards and you could end up with the same result. Umenyiora and Freeney are proven individuals who would actually be cheaper

DE will be by far our biggest need on D in the offseason, as it has been for a while

Landing a proven impact DE is the top priority

Osi Umenyiora and Dwight Freeney are 2 that immediately come to mind. Osi is the 3rd DE who says hes a starter not a bench player, wants out, he and Abe would be an outstanding edge rusher combo

Freeney is on a team thats going to the playoffs with a bright future so may want to stay but theyve switched to a 3-4 and hes not had a productive season as an OLB. He wants to return to the 4-3 and why not join a team a few years ahead of the Colts as a vet. He and Abe would be devastating

I would much prefer these proven vets over young guys like Cliff Avril and Michael Johnson, both of those play on good DLs just like Ray Edwards and you could end up with the same result. Umenyiora and Freeney are proven individuals who would actually be cheaper

what about DT. We have had completely inconsistency from that position which plays a big part in how the DE performs. There were a few flashes from walker and Robertson when they played. Peters had a few flashes. Outside of babs, there is not much pressure being put on the qb

It has been time since 2007. Apparently we need God to speak to us through a burning bush to find some decent DEs. The fact that we have zero depth and have had zero depth there for 5 years makes us look ridiculously stupid.

And stop with the silly "I'd like to see what X can do." If another player had potential this year he would get more playing time.