Today At The Dome Was So Blah That

falcon124

It was dead for sure. Later arriving than usual as well. Guess it wasn't just the players who knew it meant nothing. They needed a fast start.

Contrast the 98 team's meaningless last game vs the Dolphins who were playing for a playoff spot. We were up 21-0 within the first 6 minutes and the place was rocking. Of course, that team had a 91 Braves feel to it so the crowd was a bit different, but when things start slow, there are no big plays, and 3rd downs are bad on both sides of the ball a malaise sets in.

Today, it was turning around, but the 4 play TD drive where we forgot how to tackle ended it quickly.

We'll be fine in two weeks.

Exact opposite of Qwest field. I've been there many times when we got it going. We really need to be Seattle like in the playoffs. smile.png

I bet more than half the crowd were not regulars and people with free tickets. I gave my tickets away for this game, rest assured I will be loud in playoffs. Hard to get going in meaningless games.