Peter Konz.......he Seems To Be Getting Worse As The Season Wears On.

g-dawg

First off, let me say I was excited when the Atlanta Falcons drafted Peter Konz. I thought he would play center and that it spelled the end of McClure.

I've gotta say though, Peter Konz is simply awful right now. He consistently gets beat in pass protection and he does not push the pile in the running game. While he's at least close to average in run blocking - Konz is probably the worst pass protector in the NFL at his position.

Its a real problem - every replay I watch during game shows Konz getting beat. very disapointed.

Maybe in 2013 and beyond Konz develops into a player, but right now he is God-Awful.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He will be good at Center. Konz is inconsistent week to week and is learning a new position as a rookie. One week he plays great and next week he struggles. There are not lot of options and it sucks that Reynolds got hurt. Here is Peter Konz in his own words on the concerns and what he is doing about it. He knows it, coaching staff knows it and the opponents know it. I don't know if it will be enough.

http://www.790thezone.com/podcasts/Episodes.aspx?PID=2611

Konz podcast is in page 2.

Edited by falcons007

The offensive line has it in them to play well overall. Look at the Giant game, Matt wasn't touched all day. We need them to play more consistently and we sure as heck need them to be able to handle a 4 man rush better than they did today. I will agree that I thought Konz would be better... coaching staff actually must have known what they were doing when he didn't start until forced by injury - who woulda thunk it :)

The offensive line has it in them to play well overall. Look at the Giant game, Matt wasn't touched all day. We need them to play more consistently and we sure as heck need them to be able to handle a 4 man rush better than they did today. I will agree that I thought Konz would be better... coaching staff actually must have known what they were doing when he didn't start until forced by injury - who woulda thunk it smile.png

now we know why Garrett Reynolds was starting coming out of pre-season. I never thought I would say it, but I miss Garrett Reynolds

He will play center next year and won't struggle nearly as much. Natural centers don't necessarily possess a lot of raw power like a guard. It isn't surprising that he is doing poorly at a position he isn't physically capable of playing at a high level.

now we know why Garrett Reynolds was starting coming out of pre-season. I never thought I would say it, but I miss Garrett Reynolds

He was one of the best RG in first five weeks in NFL. Only RG in those weeks with out a hit or Sack, I hope he comes back healthy and falcons don't have to go through train another RG.

I don't worry to much about it, he's a rookie and has been asked to do some big things in his position. He's played well this year, he's had some bad games, but everyone does. I think he'll grow into a fine lineman, although I hope he goes into beast mode for the playoffs.

well, Konz was absolutely OWNED by McCoy/Suh the last two weeks......OWNED!!!

First off, let me say I was excited when the Atlanta Falcons drafted Peter Konz. I thought he would play center and that it spelled the end of McClure.

I've gotta say though, Peter Konz is simply awful right now. He consistently gets beat in pass protection and he does not push the pile in the running game. While he's at least close to average in run blocking - Konz is probably the worst pass protector in the NFL at his position.

Its a real problem - every replay I watch during game shows Konz getting beat. very disapointed.

Maybe in 2013 and beyond Konz develops into a player, but right now he is God-Awful.

I know a lot of folks here think Konz will do well as a center, but I always heard that centers should be able to play guard since they don't have to hike the ball. Which is why you don't see guards switching to center.

Could be Konz is not used to playing all these games, college season is what, 11 or 12 games?

I know a lot of folks here think Konz will do well as a center, but I always heard that centers should be able to play guard since they don't have to hike the ball. Which is why you don't see guards switching to center.

Could be Konz is not used to playing all these games, college season is what, 11 or 12 games?

Centers don't have to face one on one match ups most of the times in a game. Konz is not used to playing so many one on one match ups. He will be ok at Center.

why in the hail didn't they put Mike Johnson in at RG is what i would like to know. They forced the issue of "converting" Konz into a RG when he was clearly a dominant C. Johnson is a G, Konz is a C, Reynolds is a RT. why in the fck do they keep doing that shiz. A guy spends his time in college at a certain position and you should draft a guy going by what your seeing on the film right? So how in the F are they drafting these guys that have played certain positions in college and then hoping that they can convert them into something else. Blows my mind

McCoy and Suh are two of the best DTs in football and Konz is a rookie center playing out of position. What did you expect Konz to be the second coming of Larry Allen.

Its one thing to be below average - but konz consistently gets beat on the majority of plays. consistently - game in and game out - play in and play out.

konz is very consistent - consistently awful. At least Matt knows where the pressure is coming from each week.