With The #1 Overall Pick...

Falconsfan567

I'd go impact defensive player - Jarvis Jones... QB's kinda suck this year, nobody worth the #1 overall. You can pick up a comparable QB at #33 just like the Bengals did with Dalton last year. Barkley played himself out of the top of round one, who knows maybe he slips to the second. Otherwise you'll have guys like Tyler Wilson available at that spot.

Edited by SwampyMux12

I'm sure that was their reasoning in taking Glen Dorsey over Matt Ryan. That worked out well.

Yeah but there's no QB on that level this year. The past few years there was sCam, Andrew Luck, RG3... Geno Smith is not a #1 overall. You don't just take him there because he's (arguably) the best of a weak QB class.

Yeah but there's no QB on that level this year. The past few years there was sCam, Andrew Luck, RG3... Geno Smith is not a #1 overall. You don't just take him there because he's (arguably) the best of a weak QB class.

KC is going QB, its their biggest need. KC media and fans are pretty convinced they are getting a QB.

KC is going QB, its their biggest need. KC media and fans are pretty convinced they are getting a QB.

They very well may, but that doesn't mean it's the right pick... If ever there was a year where the difference between the top 4-5 QBs (Smith, Barkley, Glennon, Wilson) was so small, it's this year. I would hate to have the #1 this season.

Edited by SwampyMux12

You never know, Ryan had some red flags coming out of college and he never had the hype of luck,RG 3 or Cam newton coming out of college. I thought Falcons should have picked Dorsey and then either Flacco or Henne if Flacco was gone.

That's true about Ryan, but he was highly regarded around the league overall. The guys this year are so much dependent on the team as far as how they are looked at. None of them are anywhere near a "sure thing"... I'm generally one to say take the QB, but this year I would be terrified of any of those guys that early.

That's true about Ryan, but he was highly regarded around the league overall. The guys this year are so much dependent on the team as far as how they are looked at. None of them are anywhere near a "sure thing"... I'm generally one to say take the QB, but this year I would be terrified of any of those guys that early.

I hear you but with rookie wage scale picking a QB is not that risky any more. Ryan threw lot of interceptions and had less than 60% completion in his senior year.

Edited by falcons007

I hear you but with rookie wage scale picking a QB is not that risky any more. Ryan threw lot of interceptions and had less than 60% completion in his senior year.

Point taken. I do like Geno Smith, so if they do take him, I hope he does well. They would probably kill to find a trading partner to stockpile some draft picks though.