Falcons First Playoff Opponent Will Be

*NiteFalcon*

Our first playoff opponent will be either the Vikings, Seahawks, or Redskins/Cowboys. We cant play the packers since packers are going to be the highest seeded team during wildcard weekend, meaning they will face the niners if they win. Question is which matchups favor us more.

My preference is Seattle. I think Seattle is mediocre away from their home field where their defense wont play nearly as well. They have a rookie QB that I think we can take advantage of. Redskins/Cowboys would both be potential rematches of regular season games that we won. Im not particularly fond of playing either as they are both playing pretty well right now and RG3 is kinda scary. Vikings the scary thing is what AP would do to our defense. Not sure which matchups would be the absolute best but regardless we are going to get a different flavor this years first round and I really think we can come away with it this time.

I'd like to play the Vikings. AP is unstoppable at time but that defense has no one to stop Julio or Roddy. Especially if Winfield isn't back. If we have all of our players back we should be able to beat the vikes. I don't want to see the other guys because we have trouble with mobile QBs.

I really really wish we could play the vikings. If the Vikings want to win the game, AP won't be rushing for 300 yards. We just have to get out to an early lead in that game. AP by himself can't put up as many points as our passing offense, and you know Nolan would abuse Ponder.

Unfortunately, I think we're in for a re-match against the cowboys/redskins. I would love to play against the seahawks because I think we would abuse Wilson as well, but I think they're overrated and won't be able to beat the cowboys/redskins in the playoffs on the road.

Edited by abstract

Redskins or Seahawks. We would give up 300 yards rushing to Peterson because we can't tackle.

I think we would neutralize Peterson, and I think we'd pick off Ponder 3 or 4 times. It's running/mobille QB's that can give the Falcons problems. However, when properly focused, no one gives the Falcons problems.

Guest Negatorris

Whoever we play, it should be a favorable matchup. No excuses to not win at least one playoff game, and if we go one and done I will officially give up on this regime. Some major changes will need to be made in the offseason, and I'll probably never optimistic again with this current group.

But we will win a playoff game, so all will be fine. smile.png