Konz What Should We Do With Him?

THE ICEMAN

What should we do with Konz? He was really bad to day and last week. And the whole OL was pretty bad today to in my opinion. The difference in Konz in the others is when he gets beat and gives up sacks or blows up running plays where as most of the other guys get beat and give up pressures. The thing thats kills me is he's really getting no help from Mcclure which is stupid in my opinion and this has really been one of smiths problems in that he needs to make in game adjustments . And you payed big money for Blalock so why is he getting all the help because he's not playing as bad as Konz.

I'll give the rest of the guys a pass today as they've been pretty solid all season. But Konz on the hand is starting to remind me of the old Sam Baker. The one thing I'll say is it does take young OL time to develop so I'll be expecting Konz to make a big improvement next season at center he really needs to pack on some muscle.

So would you start Joe Hawley at RG against whoever we get in the playoffs because he played pretty well there last year. It would be really hard to do but Konz is really struggling right now.

And lets not forget this same OL played a he11 of a lot better when we had a half way decent RG(Harvey Dahl)

So RG has been a problem for two seasons now lets hope TD take care of it with a vet.

And I'll add that I though offensively and defensively we were very passive/vanilla today. I guess we didn't want to show anything for the playoffs which is kind of stupid as they still have 15 weeks of film on us.

You can't really do much.

He's basically the best option at RG.

SAME PROBLEM as last year entering the playoffs: No RG and C lacking a lot to be desired.

The only change? Konz has the potential our RG(s) last year didnt' have and is a rookie.

Konz stays. Maybe even C next year.

Folks fail to apply context to a rookie that is basically playing out of position and was not counted on to start this year: Until IR trip by Reynolds.

Johnson already focused on being trained as the 3rd OT, ahead of Holmes by the way; afaik.

LT Baker being healthy and an improvement over Svitek is the only bright side for sure. Thankfully, Peter CAN adjust and win with technique but he's still a rookie and can't beef up in time to overcome technique issues which lead to getting beat by more physical DTs.

His game vs Suh shook him up.

McCoy is no joke either.

2 good experience games.

He'll be fine.

I think people are loosing sight of the long term goal with Konz. We drafted him to eventually replace McClure. He's playing guard right now for lack of better options. I would not be suprised if we draft another guard this season. Short of a complete egg laying, starting next season, Konz will be our long term solution at center.

doesn't help that he was trying to block 2 guys at time. McClure failed to pick up McCoy on a few stunts so Konz was left trying to keep 2 guys out of the backfield.

<<<<

Are we watching the same game? I am seeing one on one konz getting RUN OVER by the DT..

I think people are loosing sight of the long term goal with Konz. We drafted him to eventually replace McClure. He's playing guard right now for lack of better options. I would not be suprised if we draft another guard this season. Short of a complete egg laying, starting next season, Konz will be our long term solution at center.

Agreed.

<<<<

Are we watching the same game? I am seeing one on one konz getting RUN OVER by the DT..

yeah, he did get pancaked one time by the DT lol, flat out dropped on his azz. Looked like the O-line were having trouble determining who they were supposed to pick up, DT would stunt inside and Konz still had to pick up the end after Clabo shuffled him inside.