Pft: Abraham Ankle Is Expected To Be Fine

Sun Tzu 7

It looked bad when it happened. The end result could be a lot better.

Per multiple sources, the initial prognosis on the ankle of Falcons defensive end isn’t negative.

He’ll have an MRI on Monday. One source said Abraham will be fine. Another said it’s believed for now that he has dodged a serious injury.

Either way, he has either 13 or 14 days to recover; the Falcons have a bye, and won’t take the field again until the divisional round.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anybody who "thinks they know" right now - they don't know. I saw the injury - it looked exactly same severity as the Weatherspoon injury - ankle was bent backwards. I have had 3 high ankle sprains myself - you don't come back from them in two weeks.

I will be stunned if Abe had a more mild low ankle sprain and I will be pleasantly suprised if he is able to go in two weeks.

Remember 80% of Abe's game is quickness of the snap of the ball. If he's not close to 100%, Abe won't be effective.

Hope I'm wrong - but I doubt it.

Also remember Mike Smith totally fabricates the severity of Falcons injuries and they are always worse than what he says.

anybody who "thinks they know" right now - they don't know. I saw the injury - it looked exactly same severity as the Weatherspoon injury - ankle was bent backwards. I have had 3 high ankle sprains myself - you don't come back from them in two weeks.

I will be stunned if Abe had a more mild low ankle sprain and I will be pleasantly suprised if he is able to go in two weeks.

Remember 80% of Abe's game is quickness of the snap of the ball. If he's not close to 100%, Abe won't be effective.

Also remember Mike Smith totally fabricates the severity of Falcons injuries and they are always worse than what he says.

Matty's injury looked horrific when he had his ankle stepped on, but he came back the next series. The body works differently for everybody.

Matty's injury looked horrific when he had his ankle stepped on, but he came back the next series. The body works differently for everybody.

bottom-line, it was stupid for our starters to be in that game in the 2nd half. Abe IS our pass rush. Falcons suck already at rushing passer with dynamic Abe - without him, we would be downright awful and will force Nolan into more exotic blitzes than he would normally run. Falcons will have to take more chances with a gimpy or altogether missing Abe.

bottom-line, it was stupid for our starters to be in that game in the 2nd half. Abe IS our pass rush. Falcons suck already at rushing passer with dynamic Abe - without him, we would be downright awful and will force Nolan into more exotic blitzes than he would normally run. Falcons will have to take more chances with a gimpy or altogether missing Abe.

Oh I agree. It was incredibly dumb for the starters to be out there after halftime, but whats done is done and now we can only hope for the best.

Oh I agree. It was incredibly dumb for the starters to be out there after halftime, but whats done is done and now we can only hope for the best.

i think Mike Smith is a good coach, but he really is pig-headed sometimes. Falcons starters played a whole game and sucked - is that supposed to help our momentum going into the bye week? Oh well, like you said, what is done is done.

Im gonna give Smitty a pass on this one but I sure as helll aint happy about it......I have had hardhats and tool jobs telling me all week here at TATF that we need to punish the Sucs, play the starters all game, and maintain precious " momentum" in a meaningless game .........fkng idiots the lot of them, and we like to got Ryan killed as well .......complete madness and lunacy

All about the swelling. Supposedly it isn't swelled badly from whichever of the reports I read. We'll all wait out the MRI, but I don't recall them downplaying a serious injury. They're usually mum when it's bad.

swelling will occur overnight......it is too early for all the swelling.

i think Mike Smith is a good coach, but he really is pig-headed sometimes. Falcons starters played a whole game and sucked - is that supposed to help our momentum going into the bye week? Oh well, like you said, what is done is done.

a couple years ago the bucs where looking like they where gonna beat the saints starters when payton pulled the plug in the third. It's a smart move with nothing to lose ay that point. As opposed to risking further damage. Injury or confidence wise.

You're completely wrong. The injury didn't even look that bad in slomo. You, and 94% of these boards, are completely overestimating the severity. Wasn't that bad...

Incorrect. Swelling starts as soon as the injury occurs. Natures padding. I can send some pics of how fast an ankle sprain swells if you would like.

I had ankle sprain in the past and it took a while for me to recover but they are NFL players and I can only dream of resources the teams have at disposal. Personally it looked bad but I wouldn't rule out the return of Abe and hope he is back.

Incorrect. Swelling starts as soon as the injury occurs. Natures padding. I can send some pics of how fast an ankle sprain swells if you would like.

it swells some initially but the majority of the swelling happens overnight. I have had personal experience (x 3) here.

You can also walk on high ankle sprain the day of injury - the massive swelling comes as the day wears on......when you wake up the next day, you have swelling from the size of a lemon to a small grapefruit.