John Abraham Expected To Be Ok According To Cbs

AthensDirtyBird

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21474416/falcons-expect-john-abraham-to-be-okay-according-to-team-source

Falcons expect John Abraham to be OK

By Jason La Canfora | CBS Sports NFL Insider December 30, 2012 5:16 pm ET

The Falcons expect defensive end John Abraham to be OK, according to a team source.

He left the game due to injury but was checked out postgame and is "fine" according to the source. Tags: John Abraham, Atlanta Falcons, NFL

Even if his ankle is tweaked this is good news because it at least confirms nothing is broken. If something was broken you really couldn't talk it down too much because it would show in the x-ray. Tendons could have been stretched and it could be swollen for a week, anything of that nature. So the best news is that nothing is broken.

Edited by JBourneMurkedU

And you know this how?

Truthfully I don't. I'm basing this off of LaCanfora's ability to get the scoop in the past. He has no idea.

I understand it's in many of our fans nature to be optimistic and hopefully I'm wrong. If so I'll eat my crow. I also plan on saying I told to so when the injury is more serious then thought.

Am I the only one that thinks maybe Abe was hamming it up a bit to get out of the game? Everybody and their brother thought it was stupid for him to be in the game, including himself I'm sure. We've seen gruesome injuries before that amounted to nothing, ie. matt ryan against detroit last year.

I'm just throwing it out there. If Smitty wasn't going to take him out, maybe he seized the opportunity himself. I'm an Abe fan, and if he did I don't blame him.

all these "sources" don't know sheot. Team is putting out there what Mike Smith wants them to know. Smith does not want to answer questions about how stupid he was leaving his starters in the game and he thinks he gets some kind of "mental advantage" by other teams not knowing severity of injury.....

I don't know either - but what I do know is the ankle injury did not look good on replay.....it looked very similiar to the 'Spoon injury when 'spoon was trying to tackle LeSean McCoy.

If its a high ankle sprain, then you can write off Abe from being effective in a playoff game until the SuperBowl - he would need 4 weeks to recover.

and "yes", i have had 3 high ankle sprains - they are a very nasty injury.