So Did We Just Fool Everyone?

Guest fibonacci

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

A lot of nfc playoff teams were watching us today. So did we act like we sucked so it would be hard to plan against us, or to plan like Tampa did and end up getting stomped?

I find it hard not to believe some teams lose for a reason.

Also I bet you will hear Dunta Abe, moore and others as questionable all the way until the last minutes until playoff time

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

But if they were trying to win.......then I know this is going to piss them off and make Smith and team make sure they win the playoff game.

John Lynch said during the game that he talked to Smitty and Smitty said if today's game was important Willy Mo could have gone today. Moore will be fine for the playoffs.

I don't know why nobody else isn't mentioning this but the Bucs were mugging our receivers all game and not getting called for anything. I don't know who the officiating crew was but they were terrible today. Teams in the playoffs won't get away with that kind of crap.

We had a STRETCH of incomplete passes. I think the way Tampa defended ATL is the way teams try to. Stop us from running(checked deddd..deeded already)...tongue.png Force issues on defense against the pass, otherwise, before waiting for us to beat them. Like beating our OL, forcing extra contact on the receivers.

A team that gets away with excess play and it becomes a 'let the players play' game, ATL can struggle on O if their team beats our OL.

I agree with some of the principles in what the OP mentions. However, hard to know what was 'vanilla' vs. when trying to take certain shots/settling at other times.

^Point is, other teams will wonder, too. :P

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Man I have been a fan since 1980 and I have never had this good of a feeling about this team not even the 98 team.

well then this is great news.

We gotta win the superbowl then

These are some of my thoughts on the why start/why not post-game complaints. I don't quite believe many understand where I'm coming from with my points, most take it as I'm responding as either 'for' or 'against', stuck in putting it in a different context(not quite sure on objective vs. subjective lines since it moves a lot, like most threads):

http://boards.atlant...20#entry7324694

Thoughts?

These are some of my thoughts on the why start/why not post-game complaints. I don't quite believe many understand where I'm coming from with my points, most take it as I'm responding as either 'for' or 'against', stuck in putting it in a different context(not quite sure on objective vs. subjective lines since it moves a lot, like most threads):

Thoughts?

Well slim after reading your thoughts I picture you as someone who looks at things with an open mind. I tend to look at the positive and negative for any situation. I can understand why coach smith may have did what he did and that's why I'm not at all concerned about the TB game as most members on TATF are. However very good post over there!

Thoughts?

I agree with your point of view.

Man I have been a fan since 1980 and I have never had this good of a feeling about this team not even the 98 team. Im with ya man. I've been a fan since 77 and there is definitely a different feel to this team. I think its gonna be extremely hard to beat us. I think our whole organization has a chip on there shoulders.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

So more the answer should be here after the Game. Did we fool them our did we just not play out heart out and lost?

I think we settled for too much zone and we seemed play not to give up the big play however they kept taking what we were giving them and still made 7's. At some point you have to keep attacking on defense.

I didn't see any difference in the defenses, although I haven't rewatched the game yet so I don't know for sure. Seems to me that the Seahawks just made plays in the 2nd half that they didn't make in the 1st half.

I didn't see any difference in the defenses, although I haven't rewatched the game yet so I don't know for sure. Seems to me that the Seahawks just made plays in the 2nd half that they didn't make in the 1st half.

I just couldn't understand how miller was able to get 20 yard catches in the second half and not to mention golden freakin tate also getting 20 yard chunks. I don't know if linebackers misjudged depth or safties didn't adjust I just hope we can clean it up a bit but I still think the defense played good ball!