Dunta Update?

Everyone is freaking out about J. Abraham, as we should, but seriously an injury to D. Robinson is just as bad...

Losing him means we would need to put in Franks v. 4WR sets and he'd get exposed vs. the Packers...

Plus, I think D. Robinson is CRITICAL for our running game to stop 12yd runs from becoming 60YD TD's (see D. Martin's TD today)

Hope he is back for the 1st game because we CANNOT be down our best DE and our #2 CB

We've shown than injuries at CB can be overcome. We haven't provided the same evidence with DEs.

"Head Down" Robinson has no one to blame but himself. Smith can't let a man with no judgement play. The other starters I'm okay with, but Robinson has shown he loves to go head first into brick walls.

We've shown than injuries at CB can be overcome. We haven't provided the same evidence with DEs.

"Head Down" Robinson has no one to blame but himself. Smith can't let a man with no judgement play. The other starters I'm okay with, but Robinson has shown he loves to go head first into brick walls.

I'm sorry but I love a player who, regardless of a 50M contract, still puts his body on the line every down.

JMO.

I think Dunta scares runners / WRs from going over the middle or running to his side... fear is a good thing.

Has he been worth his contract? No.

Does every team overpay during FA to improve areas of weakness? Yes.

That's the nature of FA, the player plays out rookie contract and EARNS a right to make more $$$ than they deserve

IE: NNAMDI ASOMOHAHGAJFLDJ)(#R@#.

If it is a concussion......Dunta may feel like he can play, but the concussion protocol has a way of making a comeback take longer to avoid risk.

Then again maybe he could have come back this game but Smith played it cautious with it being a head/neck and a meaningless game.

I'm sorry but I love a player who, regardless of a 50M contract, still puts his body on the line every down.

JMO.

I think Dunta scares runners / WRs from going over the middle or running to his side... fear is a good thing.

That's the nature of FA, the player plays out rookie contract and EARNS a right to make more $$$ than they deserve

You can hit just as hard with you head up. Great effort doesn't not excuse poor form at the professional level. He can do better, and he chooses not to.

Don't get me wrong. I want the guy on the team. I just wish he would would putting the highlight film ahead of the team's best interest.

JMO.

Let the man do his thing.........hes finally back in his natural style of defense....MAN coverage instead of the bvg soft zone trash and i personally think hes played a **** of a season so far.

He hasnt really been torched but twice , hes laid some big hits and its only getting better as they all get comfortable. Our safeties also get alot more picks because dunta is covering the target so well they throw them away from the wr then swoops in moore for a nasty pick.

also they test asonte alot more cause dunta is playing well and then asonte suckers them into picks also. its all relative and our d has been great

Edited by falcondiehardsince 88