Falcons Under The Radar, Uh...........

GENERALZOD

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No one is calling you annoying are coming at you, we are just stating this topic has been discussed to death and it's getting annoying to see. I just don't believe the NFL has a vendetta against us.

BS, You said : "This is getting really annoying." WTF was that about?

Not to mention you never give me a chance to finish or DISCUSS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT........

We're a Super Bowl win away from being one of the Media Darlings for the next 5-10 years.

Don't kid yourself. Not gonna happen no matter what we do. If we win the SB you will see them talking about a team they have no interest in. You'll hear it in their voice.

BS, You said : "This is getting really annoying." WTF was that about?

Not to mention you never give me a chance to finish or DISCUSS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT........

Because the topic is getting annoying. Why are you getting so upset about a comment I made? I'm sorry if I offended you maybe I should have just said I don't agree and moved on.

I'll say it again, what I am getting at is the Media can dictate the officiating in a football game. It's something to watch out for.

How can the media dictate the officiating in a game? You think the refs watch Gameday Morning to take their marching orders for the day?

"Hey Ed, Rich Eisen hasn't mentioned the Falcons once today, better call a few pass interference penalties on Asante Samuel."

Because the topic is getting annoying. Why are you getting so upset about a comment I made? I'm sorry if I offended you maybe I should have just said I don't agree and moved on.

Were cool bro! I shouldn't have called you a troll, my apologies. I just don't trust the officials and it seems they flow the way of the media and where the money goes these days. I wish I could put into words what I am getting at, it's not a conspiracy, it's a biased system in some respects. Either the Falcons blow out the teams they face in the playoffs or they get blowed out. Teams that seem to win the superbowl, and I'm sorry I don't have the stats on this but they seem to be the most penalized the following year, but the year they win the superbowl they play the same and don't seem to have those calls go against them.

Edited by GAFALCONFAN

The reason we aren't getting respect is because honestly we haven't earned it. Our multiple winning seasons have been marred by the 0-3 playoff record. Sure if certain other teams had our record this year the media would be slobbering all over them . They are all in the let's wait and see for the Falcons mode because they have been here before and failed. I truly believe this year is the year we make them ******** believers. Ryan and the boys have impressed me this year, now it is time to impress everyone else.

Remember a few short years ago the media didn't even know New England was a NFL team, now look. They went out and took it.

Were cool bro! I shouldn't have called you a troll, my apologies. I just don't trust the officials and it seems they flow the way of the media and where the money goes these days. I wish I could put into words what I am getting at, it's not a conspiracy, it's a biased system in some respects. Either the Falcons blow out the teams they face in the playoffs or they get blowed out. Teams that seem to win the superbowl, and I'm sorry I don't have the stats on this but they seem to be the most penalized the following year, but the year they win the superbowl they play the same and don't seem to have those calls go against them.

If that's the case shouldn't we win the SuperBowl this year since we are the least penalized team in the NFL? I'm not saying the refs aren't bias because it's human nature, till we get robots humans will always be bias, I just don't think the NFL is telling refs to call games in more favor of other teams. So bias yes, bias on purpose no.

No one is talking about us because our business is done. Every other NFC team has a lot riding on today as the also rans jockey for position.

I understand them wanting to focus on the skins/cowboys and other games a lot but if the steelers, pats, giants, etc were 13-2, there is little doubt they would be talking about them more than us.

Yes our business is done as far as the regular season goes but the falcons are the number ONE seed with the best record in the entire nfl right now and there is virtually no one talking about them. That is just not "normal", especially when you compare it to if the media's favorite teams were the #1 seed and having the best record in football going into the last week of the regular season.

Our lack of playoff success the last few years might explain some of it but it just doesn't explain all of it. If the colts/pats had the same record as us the last few years (great regular season record but losing their first playoff game the last few years), i promise you they still would get a lot of attention.

All of that said, the falcons desperately need to win some playoff games this year. If they don't, man, we will be laughed at relentlesly...and all of the teams we could play are going to be tough ones. So it sure makes me nervous to be honest.

Edited by diehardfalconsfan

The reason we aren't getting respect is because honestly we haven't earned it. Our multiple winning seasons have been marred by the 0-3 playoff record. Sure if certain other teams had our record this year the media would be slobbering all over them . They are all in the let's wait and see for the Falcons mode because they have been here before and failed. I truly believe this year is the year we make them ******** believers. Ryan and the boys have impressed me this year, now it is time to impress everyone else.

Remember a few short years ago the media didn't even know New England was a NFL team, now look. They went out and took it.

Dang you FalconPA!! You know I can't argue with you and your VOODOO Magic Dude!! I just have a feeling the officials are going to decide the fate of the Falcons in the playoffs. And I also have this feeling the media's lack of attention will have an effect on that officiating during the games. That's all I am saying more or less.

BTW: I hope you and your family are staying warm, I know there was a shiz load of snow that hit the north up there.

Mike Smith's coaching, and I am not knocking him, but if an official calls ONE FOUL a certain way, Mike Smith will dictate the play calling in the playoffs to avoid having that call being made against the FALCONS again by the officials, meaning the officials can dictate the entire game with one penalty call. And the media hype building up to the game or lack there of can dictate the way the officials perceive certain teams........... That's kinda what I am saying..... Teams can be manipulated in that respect so to speak.

Mike Smith's coaching, and I am not knocking him, but if an official calls ONE FOUL a certain way, Mike Smith will dictate the play calling in the playoffs to avoid having that call being made against the FALCONS again by the officials, meaning the officials can dictate the entire game with one penalty call. And the media hype building up to the game or lack there of can dictate the way the officials perceive certain teams........... That's kinda what I am saying..... Teams can be manipulated in that respect so to speak.

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaah......that's just fantasy.

I understand them wanting to focus on the skins/cowboys and other games a lot but if the steelers, pats, giants, etc were 13-2, there is little doubt they would be talking about them more than us.

Yes our business is done as far as the regular season goes but the falcons are the number ONE seed with the best record in the entire nfl right now and there is virtually no one talking about them. That is just not "normal", especially when you compare it to if the media's favorite teams were the #1 seed and having the best record in football going into the last week of the regular season.

Our lack of playoff success the last few years might explain some of it but it just doesn't explain all of it. If the colts/pats had the same record as us the last few years (great regular season record but losing their first playoff game the last few years), i promise you they still would get a lot of attention.

All of that said, the falcons desperately need to win some playoff games this year. If they don't, man, we will be laughed at relentlesly...and all of the teams we could play are going to be tough ones. So it sure makes me nervous to be honest.

That's because we don't have any juicy storylines, Pat's have Can Tom win his 4 ring, Colts Luck taking over Manning shoes, Broncos Peyton is back, Redskins OMG look at RG3, Seahawks Wilson is just as good as RG3, Packers will Rodgers take over the light after Brady and Manning are gone.

Falcons they already been here before and shown us they are going to lose, no need to give them time. If we would have one just one game in the past 3 playoffs attempts we would be talked about as a threat.