Laidainian Was Asked About Falcons Running Game

New Hope Eagle

Laidainian Tomlinson was asked if the Falcons would be ok to get over their playoff woes without a solid running game and he answered, YES.

He said Atlanta had transitioned into a passing team but was able to run in the 4th quarter

like a passing team does and has their highest per yard carry average when it matters most. they have closed out many games doing exactly this.

I think is where the focus should be, grab the lead and hold on by running late in games.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that. Turner's ability to take over in the 4th will be key for the Falcons in the playoffs. I've been saying that Turner will be key and I've been flamed for it. Hide and watch.

I think you're right, but it is frustrating to see the same "Turner up the middle" play calling on the first play of the game. Hopefully with the lighter load this season, he'll be a beast in the post season

If he said "no", it'll be: Oh, what does a washed up RB know

LOL. . .the hypocrisy

actually, that wouldn't come from me. I'm not one of those posters that get upset every time someone in the media says something negative. If it's the truth then it's the truth. You're more than welcome to check my post record if you don't believe me

Our lack of a running game is a bit skewed and over blown imho........we are averageing 88.8 ypg, if you run that over 16 games it is more than 1400 yards. If that was with 1 running back it would be considered a good year. We are ranked near the bottom due to skewed number by teams that have running QB;s and run first offences.

I think you're right, but it is frustrating to see the same "Turner up the middle" play calling on the first play of the game. Hopefully with the lighter load this season, he'll be a beast in the post season

almost every team except a true passing team runs up the middle on the first play of the game. It gets switched up from time to time but running on the first play from scrimmage has been happening since the birth of football. You just hate it because Turner's getting the carry and not quizz

actually, that wouldn't come from me. I'm not one of those posters that get upset every time someone in the media says something negative. If it's the truth then it's the truth. You're more than welcome to check my post record if you don't believe me

sorry. . . . i wasn't directing that quote at you though I did quote your post. . . i should have clarified myself. . . Edited by Falcon Knight

Supes your post about "Turner being key to Falcons playoff success" was geared to them using him early and often, throughout the game, to control clock, get the lead, and hold the lead... more so that he carries the team to victory via his return to significant carries and moving the chains.

At least that was how I interpreted your points in that thread....

Are you clarifying here, and now, that you meant Turner will be significant primarily in solidifying a 4th Qtr run game that moves chains, eats clock, once we have taken a commanding lead primarily via the passing game?

almost every team except a true passing team runs up the middle on the first play of the game. It gets switched up from time to time but running on the first play from scrimmage has been happening since the birth of football. You just hate it because Turner's getting the carry and not quizz

Not true. I have nothing against Turner. My only beef with Turners running style is that he starts to stutter step once a defender is in front of him or slows down to change direction and KILLS his momentum. I've seen smaller AND bigger backs try to run through defenders. I'd like to start seeing that again from Turner. That's just my take on Turners current running style

Not true. I have nothing against Turner. My only beef with Turners running style is that he starts to stutter step once a defender is in front of him or slows down to change direction and KILLS his momentum. I've seen smaller AND bigger backs try to run through defenders. I'd like to start seeing that again from Turner. That's just my take on Turners current running style

you also have to point out the fact that the line doesn't do a great job of creating many lanes on every opening hand off. The game against the saints was the best job the line has done all season. If you're gonna point the finger, you gotta point it at everyone involved

I saw that. Turner's ability to take over in the 4th will be key for the Falcons in the playoffs. I've been saying that Turner will be key and I've been flamed for it. Hide and watch.

I'm with ya supes but I think it will be a combo of Turner, Quizz, and Snelling. Snelling was running hard last week.... We need that in the playoffs

Play Off's will not change how Turner has performed in the regular season.

What we are taking into the Play Off's is what has worked for us during the

regular season.

There will be some new plays, but Turner will not

be eating a bowl full of magical beans that makes him faster.

December is the month to get those issues up and running, and

it simply did not happen.

With all due Respects.

Group 2

Play Off's will not change how Turner has performed in the regular season.

What we are taking into the Play Off's is what has worked for us during the

regular season.

There will be some new plays, but Turner will not

be eating a bowl full of magical beans that makes him faster.

December is the month to get those issues up and running, and

it simply did not happen.

With all due Respects.

Group 2

Hide and watch.