Getting That Familiar Falcon Fan Feeling Again Near New Years.

TheInfamousBayne

We are once again the Number 1 Seed, possibly about to tie the 98 Falcons with 14 wins today and a real chance to get to the Super Bowl.....I should be excited....I'm not....I feel more of a cautious optimism if anything. I don't think I'm going to get really excited until we get over the playoff hump and win in the divisional round.

AHHHHH ADLFKJASDFSAD Can we just fast forward to the playoffs?

Well for me this is obviously the best team we have ever had and we have a very good chance to go all the way. I am excited about this team reguardless of the final outcome. This Team from the Owner down to the last practice squad player, is worthy of our support. We can all be proud to be fans of this team, this year and for years to come.

I am excited for the game, I might be biased as I was always pumped to go to Home games in dome in the week 17 for past few years and enjoyed every bit of those moments. As long time falcons fan, I remember those years waiting for the coach to get fired on black monday or looking forward to draft and FA.

Edited by falcons007

Well for me this is obviously the best team we have ever had and we have a very good chance to go all the way. I am excited about this team reguardless of the final outcome. This Team from the Owner down to the last practice squad player, is worthy of our support. We can all be proud to be fans of this team, this year and for years to come.

Agree with you, but I do think it is very important for us to at least win the divisional round in the playoffs this year, for the sake of the players and the fans . If the guys continue to give it their all and can get a little help from the football gods, we will hopefully go all the way!

Go get 'em Falcons!

I think all of us are holding our breath my friend ......another one and done would be a psychological nightmare for the entire franchise, city and fan base. It can not be allowed to happen, I dont want to even think about the possibility or consequences of not winning the divisional round ... ....

We are once again the Number 1 Seed, possibly about to tie the 98 Falcons with 14 wins today and a real chance to get to the Super Bowl.....I should be excited....I'm not....I feel more of a cautious optimism if anything. I don't think I'm going to get really excited until we get over the playoff hump and win in the divisional round.

+1000

The 2012 Falcons could turn out to be the best or 1of the best in franchise history...or labeled play-off frauds(unfair but true).

Whole lot on the line...get it done and win a p/o game(tangible progress).

AHHHHH ADLFKJASDFSAD Can we just fast forward to the playoffs?

+1000

The 2012 Falcons could turn out to be the best or 1of the best in franchise history...or labeled play-off frauds(unfair but true).

Whole lot on the line...get it done and win a p/o game(tangible progress).

This board would resemble the seventh level of Helll if we do not get to the NFCCG.....heck the entire site might crash for good ....

I won't believe until they win a game in the playoffs. I refuse to embarrass myself again speaking on how good this team is compared to the other team only to get blown away. Once they win I will defend themselves all day long

LOL, kind of like f me once shame on you, f me twice shame on me, f me 3 times shame on us all .....laugh.png

LOL, kind of like f me once shame on you, f me twice shame on me, f me 3 times shame on us all .....laugh.png

pretty much. I hope this year's team is different but I refuse to get my hopes up and guarantee wins because the opposing qb is a rookie or the opposing d gives up this many touchdowns. Screw that. Tried that and got embarrassed and lost a lot of money.

of course the playoffs matter most, but i refuse to equate the last five years of success with previous decades of mediocrity heaped upon bad years with a few shining spots (1978-82, 1991-1995, 2002-2004) sprinkled in. Five years ago, the franchise had never had back to back winning seasons. We've now had 5 in a row. Prior to 2008, the Falcons had been the #1 seed once, and they've done it twice in these five years. People who can't acknowledge the difference of this Falcons team and previous decades simply based on lack of playoff success are being ignorant. Not stupid - but dang sure stubborn.

YES, we all want them to get over this hump, and many of us think that first breakthrough win will open the floodgates for further playoff success. But after having to cheer for a team that more often than not was playing meaningless games in December because they were under .500 and had ZERO shot at the playoffs, i'm PROUD and HAPPY to be leaving now to go cheer my team on as they play a meaningless game in Week 17 because they wrapped up their 2nd #1 seed in three years after 15 games!

of course the playoffs matter most, but i refuse to equate the last five years of success with previous decades of mediocrity heaped upon bad years with a few shining spots (1978-82, 1991-1995, 2002-2004) sprinkled in. Five years ago, the franchise had never had back to back winning seasons. We've now had 5 in a row. Prior to 2008, the Falcons had been the #1 seed once, and they've done it twice in these five years. People who can't acknowledge the difference of this Falcons team and previous decades simply based on lack of playoff success are being ignorant. Not stupid - but dang sure stubborn.

YES, we all want them to get over this hump, and many of us think that first breakthrough win will open the floodgates for further playoff success. But after having to cheer for a team that more often than not was playing meaningless games in December because they were under .500 and had ZERO shot at the playoffs, i'm PROUD and HAPPY to be leaving now to go cheer my team on as they play a meaningless game in Week 17 because they wrapped up their 2nd #1 seed in three years after 15 games!

Yea it's pretty **** cool to have the meaningful games in November and December and playoffs ofcourse in January. It never gets old. After so many years of lousy football.

That said time is now, no telling how many opportunities they will get. Can't waste those # 1 seeds. Future looks bright but get it NOW Birds!!!

I think all of us are holding our breath my friend ......another one and done would be a psychological nightmare for the entire franchise, city and fan base. It can not be allowed to happen, I dont want to even think about the possibility or consequences of not winning the divisional round ... ....

jamminfail.gif