One Topic Never Yet Discussed That Was Huge For Us This Year

Although we have had less success by far this year running the football, alot due to turner being worn out, our line coach, our line not blocking as great for the run or whatever the reason may be...............we have been very impressive on offense.

I think this is solely due to Ryan getting better. We all know Roddy, Gonzo and Julio were pretty much the same people, but I think better play calling and a smarter more mature Ryan to this success. I attribute that to Ryan Going up against Nolan in practice all week. I heard an interview with Nolan where he stated that he gives Ryan the same intense looks in practice with smoke n mirrors and on the fly adjustments to try and trick him. I think seeing this style rather than that soft zone bvg bull shittt every week gives him a tough task each week and better prepares him for the myriad of tough defensive gurus in the NFL.

I have noticed a definate growth this year, and i cant help but think this is probably mostly being the benefactor of facing a tough defense week in and out. Dirk Koetter plays to our strengths a little better as well, but the decision making is definately better and the accuracy also. I think this is honed in practice where he has to be smarter, spot on with the ball, and getting a lot more practice against the defenses he needs to beat on sundays ala nolan

Guest facelessman07

Never Yet Discussed...sounds like an emo, hipster band haha.

And yes, Ryan is a beast and Mike Nolan is a godsend. I like the thought of how much better we'll be next year with the same coaching

Guest facelessman07

Can you guys image on how amazing our teams will be next year? I smell a dynasty!!! Hahah

I admire your excitement but let's win a Lombardi first before we throw out the term dynasty

Mike Nolan makes my life better.

Mike nolan has made my life better also.......I used to hate watching some games because our defense was so terrible.........no matter the studs we put out there, they were always just as bad. BUT NOW.........Mike Nolan has these guys balling. And I now feel no matter who we put out there they would be balling also. quite a change of events if you ask me

Although we have had less success by far this year running the football, alot due to turner being worn out, our line coach, our line not blocking as great for the run or whatever the reason may be...............we have been very impressive on offense.

I think this is solely due to Ryan getting better. We all know Roddy, Gonzo and Julio were pretty much the same people, but I think better play calling and a smarter more mature Ryan to this success. I attribute that to Ryan Going up against Nolan in practice all week. I heard an interview with Nolan where he stated that he gives Ryan the same intense looks in practice with smoke n mirrors and on the fly adjustments to try and trick him. I think seeing this style rather than that soft zone bvg bull shittt every week gives him a tough task each week and better prepares him for the myriad of tough defensive gurus in the NFL.

I have noticed a definate growth this year, and i cant help but think this is probably mostly being the benefactor of facing a tough defense week in and out. Dirk Koetter plays to our strengths a little better as well, but the decision making is definately better and the accuracy also. I think this is honed in practice where he has to be smarter, spot on with the ball, and getting a lot more practice against the defenses he needs to beat on sundays ala nolan

good post.

i never thought of that and have noticed how ryan's deep ball and threading the needle has gotten better in just the passt weeks since carolina. nolan runs a great scheme and ryan being able to see it week in and week out has definatly helped him get to his second pro bowl

andi have to say i have been very impressed with ryan's deep ball this year which was something he had horrible accuracy with before

Facing nolan in practice each week was never discussed, if it was my bad, sorry to ruin your night wink.png

I brought this up in pre season. I brought up the fact that most SB teams had to practice against their own defenses eveyday and that made their offense better. A few ppl kinda blew it off but every SB winner had to go against their own defenses. It makes sense. We didn't have that before. We practiced against vanilla and we played vanilla. Plus the fact that Asante told Matt things about his game to help him get better.

Edited by TheFatboi

This topic has definitely been discussed on the boards. I believe it was the user cannonball something made a thread before the season even started saying that going up against Nolan in practice was going to be the most beneficial thing for our offense.

Yes that is a big factor, but there is no way to pinpoint which is most valuable.

- New offensive coordinator

- New defensive coordinator

- New O line coach

- Sam Baker healthiest he has been in a while

- Reynolds wasn't as terrible as he was last year

- Julio had a much better season

- Ryan having another year of growth

- The fact that we didn't have an offseason last year and we did this year

Theres a ton of stuff that goes into account. That is a big one though. I pray that we can keep Nolan and Koetter here for a while and they will continue to make each other better as well as our team. I am a big fan of long tenure coaches.