Worst Way To Lose A Game

Top Flight

Yeah I posted a similar thread comparing our past playoffs failures and I think most people said it depended on the individual game circumstances. My personal thought is a beat down says you weren't ready to face that team, but a close loss means you were close but screwed it up somewhere during the game. The both hurt, for different reasons. You kick yourself for losing the close one but feel like a biotch after losing in a beat down.

Easiest way to find the answer is to compare how you felt after the 2008 playoff loss to ARI to your feelings after the 2011 playoff loss to the NYG.

I get what you're saying, but the expectation levels of the 2008 and 2011 teams were totally different. We were all stunned we had a 11-5 team in 2008, people predicted us being the worst in the league, going to the playoffs was just gravy. The 2011 team was expected to compete for a Super Bowl.

I think the frustration of 2011 had more to do with expectation, than just how embarrassing the loss was .