Any Insight On If We Will Have The Saturday Or Sunday Game?

So I live in DC. I'm actually part of the BBBS program and told my little we'd go to his first NBA game. The Hawks happen to be coming to DC to play the Wizards on the 12th AND it's not a school night so it's perfect. BUT I haven't missed a haven't missed a Falcons game in 3 years and can't miss a playoff game.

Looking at the past games I see no pattern based on seeding. Any insight into how the NFL decides. May just have to go to another Wizards game. Anybody have an idea of how they decide or when they decide? Would be nice to know when seedings are finalized. Thanks!

Good thing is Wizards suck every day of the year so I'll be paying $10 for decent tickets either way!

I never post here, but I see this question a lot, so I'll answer it.

Of the four games that will be played in round 2, NBC gets the first pick, and that game will be played at 8pm on Saturday night.

Unless Cincinatti upsets New England in round 1, NBC would likely choose New England at Denver because that will easily get the highest ratings of any of the games played that weekend.

After that, CBS and FOX get their choice of the remaining games within their respective assigned conferences.

CBS would only have one choice available: Baltimore/Indy at Houston. I have no idea how they handle the time slots, but this game would be either early or late Sunday.

Fox would get their choice between Green Bay/San Fran (assuming the 3 seed doesn't get upset in round 1) or Seattle/NFC East Winner at Atlanta. They would likely choose Green Bay/San Fran for ratings. That game would be played Sunday also.

That leaves Seattle/NFC East Winner at Atlanta to be slotted at 4PM on Saturday. That's where we'll be with 95+% certainty.

Of the four games that will be played in round 2, NBC gets the first pick, and that game will be played at 8pm on Saturday night.

That leaves Seattle/NFC East Winner at Atlanta to be slotted at 4PM on Saturday. That's where we'll be with 95+% certainty.

NBC does not get any games other than the 2 Saturday Wildcard games......same as always. Atlanta will very likey host their game on the night of the 12th.

NBC has first pick for the 8PM Saturday game on wildcard weekend. All divisonal round games are televised by FOX (NFC) and CBS (AFC).

My understanding is FOX and CBS alternate rights to the Saturday primetime (8 pm). Last year CBS broadcast the Denver @ New England game in the Saturday primetime slot, so it flips to FOX's coverage of an NFC divisonal game this year.

Saturday

AFC Div game - CBS 4 pm

NFC Div game - FOX 8 pm

Sunday

NFC Div game - FOX 1 pm

AFC Div game - CBS 4:30 pm

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2013-nfl-playoffs-tv-schedule/

PLAYOFF SCHEDULE ..

SAT : 430 CBS Balt @ Houston

SAT : 8 FOX Sea @ Atlanta

Sunday FOX 1pm SF @ GB

Sunday CBS :430 NE @ DEN

what will be crazy is if SF gets the 2 spot ....they will either have to make a decision to put 49ers on SAT night

or midday Sunday since it will be a west coast game

This looks good to me.

we won't know for sure until after wildcard weekend correct? that leaves me a very short window to book my flight into Atl......honestly I am hoping for the sunday game as it will be easier to get the flight out after, had to wait til 5:30 am to fly out after the GB debacle in 10.....5 hours sitting in a nearly empty airport full of packer fans was pretty painful

we won't know for sure until after wildcard weekend correct? that leaves me a very short window to book my flight into Atl......honestly I am hoping for the sunday game as it will be easier to get the flight out after, had to wait til 5:30 am to fly out after the GB debacle in 10.....5 hours sitting in a nearly empty airport full of packer fans was pretty painful

I feel that pain since I'm flying in from Seattle. I can only imagine if we play Seattle. In the very unlikely event we would lose to them, that would be a torturous five hour flight back. I am taking the red eye Friday night and get into Atlanta a 10 am Saturday. I don't fly out until Monday so I am covered both days.

We should know before the WC games are played. They usually set up which day the #1 and #2 seeds will play so that after the WC games are played teams can immediately plan out their schedule for the divisional weekend.

I know this is a little off-topic, but I'm unable to post a new topic yet. I'm coming into town for the playoff game, and I was wondering where a good place to tailgate would be. I came to a few games during the 2010 season, but that was before the new rule where Dome lots only open 5 hours before kickoff. I really want to do an all-day tailgate, and 5 hours just isn't enough for me, especially if it is a night game. So, anyone got advice for a good tailgate spot?

We should get the Prime time Sat. game it appears. The only wrench I see is if Fox/NFL don't want to make San Fran play a 1:00 est. game on Sunday. Currently that would be in GB. Obviously, if SF. ends up with the 2 seed, then it is no way they would play that game at 1pm Sunday.

Bump. Since Green Bay lost then it's likely we play Sunday then, right?