Funny: Panthers Won Because The Falcons Got Bored

Trouble

This went from the panthers forums to TATF.

But i did click the link and its actually kinda funny. I guess Jones didnt get the memo about being being politically correct in interviews.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000114444/article/julio-jones-atlanta-falcons-cant-afford-to-get-bored

The Atlanta Falcons have stormed through the regular season with a 12-2 record and can lock up a first-round playoff bye Sunday with a win over the Detroit Lions. That seems like an easy enough task, but the dirty birds do have a significant hurdle.

"It's really not about them. It's about us," Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones told NFL Network reporter Michelle Beisner, who's in Atlanta this week. "It's the little things. We can get bored. We lost against Carolina. We were kinda bored with it -- looking at their record -- I just think we got bored. There are no excuses because they whooped us, but we can't let that happen again.

"We can't get bored. We have to prepare like we're playing the best team in the NFL. We gotta go out there and play Falcon football. We gotta execute, and our guys have to be on the same page and play 100 percent."

I don't think Jones meant to be funny, but there's a lot of humor in that statement.

No. 1, he dismissed the Lions so quickly.

No. 2, he basically said the Panthers are so bad, they're boring.

No. 3, he said the Lions are approaching that previously mentioned boring status.

Panther fans reaction:

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/81774-julio-jones-says-falcons-were-bored-against-the-panthers-so-they-lost/

Falcon fans reaction to panther fans:

It could be true, its not out the norm for good record teams with nothing really to lose to say screw it vs bad teams. But this for sure will give the Panthers something new to be motivated about next season.

This actually may be a response to the Hardy "the off my field" 20 times in a row.

But its shocking to see falcon players so open about saying something like this. Normally we are the boring media team that stays out of headlines.

This actually seems more like something White would tweet about.

And should have beaten you the 1st game. In my honest opinion if we had finished that 1st game this would have been a different season for us. That loss effected 3 other losses IMO.

YOU HAD 4 OR 5 GAMES ..... THAT YOU JUST DIDN'T FINISH.

FINISHING IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DAY AND NIGHT.

PUZZLING HOW SOME THINGS LINGER.

BUT IT STILL CAN BE A LEARNING

THING FOR THE PANTHERS.

Yeah it effected coaching decision in the Bears, Cowboys and Seahawks games. It could be a learning situation if Rivera is able to keep his job. Or it could be 1 of the reasons he gets fired.

Yeah it effected coaching decision in the Bears, Cowboys and Seahawks games. It could be a learning situation if Rivera is able to keep his job. Or it could be 1 of the reasons he gets fired.

BUT IN THE END, WHEN YOU GET DOWN TO THE FINAL I SAY, 7 MIN.

OF A GAME .... ITS THE PLAYERS WHO MUST PLAY WITH SOME

URGENCY. WE HAVE BEEN VERY GOOD IN CLOSE GAMES. THE LAST

7 MIN. WE PLAY WITH URGENCY. YOU WOULD HOPE GAMES DIDN'T

COME DOWN TO THIS, BUT MANY OF THEM DO. YOU GOT TO BE

READY TO SHIFT THE GEAR UP.

BUT IN THE END, WHEN YOU GET DOWN TO THE FINAL I SAY, 7 MIN.

OF A GAME .... ITS THE PLAYERS WHO MUST PLAY WITH SOME

URGENCY. WE HAVE BEEN VERY GOOD IN CLOSE GAMES. THE LAST

7 MIN. WE PLAY WITH URGENCY. YOU WOULD HOPE GAMES DIDN'T

COME DOWN TO THIS, BUT MANY OF THEM DO. YOU GOT TO BE

READY TO SHIFT THE GEAR UP.

I would say some of it was the players with that mentality of "here we go again". But some of it is coaching. Examples

How much confidence would Ron had built with his team, his offense, and his young QB. If he'd had let them go for that 4th and 1 in Atlanta? Even if they didn't make it. It would have been a unspoken message that I trust you guys no matter what situation.

Edited by Recceice

You cannot assume anything in the NFL. If the panthers had won the first game the second game would have taken on a different meaning for the Falcons and more than likely the Falcons crush the panther in the second game or they tie, who really knows what happens?

todd-haley-animated-gif.gif

Stfu and stay out of grown folks conversation.

I read that over there. Their was actually one fan that had some sense and realized that Julio was speaking the truth about us overlooking the panties. I like to fell out and fainted seeing a panties fan post something that made sense!!rolleyes.gif The rest of it was the same ole nonsensical drivel and hate you get from the panties morons here in RC.

Yes it was and I'm still disgusted we fell into it. Thing is though panties fans want to blow it up into something much bigger than it was. In the grand scheme of things it just means our all time record of domination is 23-13 instead of 24-12!

And Falcon fans and players want to make little of it as they can. Simple Rival behavior.

And Falcon fans and players want to make little of it as they can. Simple Rival behavior.

Because it was little...just a bump in the road. I think in the end though you guys did the Falcons a favor. Kind of woke them up a bit and got them out of complacency mode. Made them realize that they couldn't just show up and win. I think they will be juiced for the playoffs anyway but that loss was huge for the two games after it.

Because it was little...just a bump in the road. I think in the end though you guys did the Falcons a favor. Kind of woke them up a bit and got them out of complacency mode. Made them realize that they couldn't just show up and win. I think they will be juiced for the playoffs anyway but that loss was huge for the two games after it.

Yeah will see.

How much confidence would Ron had built with his team, his offense, and his young QB. If he'd had let them go for that 4th and 1 in Atlanta? Even if they didn't make it. It would have been a unspoken message that I trust you guys no matter what situation.

LOOKING BACK AT IT NOW, YOU'RE RIGHT, EVEN IF YOU HAD NOT MADE IT,

IT WOULD HAVE SHOWN A CONFIDENCE TO TRY. BUT REMEMBER, YOUR

COACH IS LEARNING TOO. I THINK AT THAT TIME, HE HAD CONFIDENCE

THAT THE "D" WOULD HOLD US. BUT RYAN IS NOTORIOUS IN BRINGING US

DOWN THE FIELD ON GAME WINNING DRIVES. HAD THE PANTHER "D" HELD,

YOUR COACH WOULD HAVE BEEN SEEN IN A DIFFERENT LIGHT. IT COULD

HAVE WORKED.

Yeah will see.

We'll see? We already have seen in what they did to the Giants and then the Lions. They took care of their business. I said " that loss was huge for the two games after it ". It's ancient history now and should have nothing to do with the playoffs. I would hope that any team, including the Falcons, will be motivated for the playoffs all on their own.

Reese can't handle the fact we didn't take his 2nd rate team serious. Your seasons Superbowl, our "do we really have to show up and play these losers" game. Just accept it, and watch the champions of the NFC south steamroll the playoffs.

The bright side is, next you you will get to play the Superbowl champions twice. Hopefully your team gives us a reason to show up for those games.

/yawn

Reese can't handle the fact we didn't take his 2nd rate team serious. Your seasons Superbowl, our "do we really have to show up and play these losers" game. Just accept it, and watch the champions of the NFC south steamroll the playoffs.

The bright side is, next you you will get to play the Superbowl champions twice. Hopefully your team gives us a reason to show up for those games.

/yawn

You can't handle the fact you got your *** kicked by a 2nd rate team.

And I can't wait to see all that steamrolling you keep talking about.