Pressure Building For The Falcons.......

yardbird?

I want them to win in the playoffs more than anything, if for nothing else, so that rival fans and the media will STFU. As I've said again and again though, no matter what happens, it's better to be there taking your shot every year than sitting at home with the season over. One thing is certain, you can't win a playoff game if you're not in the playoffs and since no one in the NFCS besides the Falcons and Saints have been there in recent years, I don't see where bucs or panties fans have any room to criticize. Just sayin....

Shut up fool...nobody is cheering around here.......just do something this time....

Look fool, read Rave's and Reece's posts and get back to me.

Beside, when I think of teams that have pressure building I think of teams fighting for their play-off lives, Washington, Dallas and Minnesota all come to mind. I know it throws a wrench in your hate-machine though.

When they got to about 6-0 any time any commentator was asked about the Falcons the usual line was "but can they do it in the playoffs?" Since that moment and as the season progressed most commentators would find some reason to discount the Falcons, e.g., "look Ryan threw 3 INTS vs Oak and 5 INTs vs Zona, they can't get away with that in the playoffs" or "they're winning a lot of close games, they're no dominating anyone", or "they getting awfully lucky by recovering 70% of fumbles", etc.

They've been hearing this for 3 months and even if they were 15-0 they still would have to shake the playoff monkey off their backs.

Yes there will be pressure but my feel for it is that they are salivating at the opportunity that is coming their way in just two weeks. I can't prove it but it's just me feeling of it - that they can't wait for the playoff game to arrive - they'll be like mad dogs and won't cower from the moment.

Pressure or motivation? We may see the best falcons come round 2 of the playoffs (because we dont have to play week 1). Nolan is no joke on D and he will have his guys ready for a fight.

If the Oline holds up, Ryan can sling with the best of them. As long as we dont try to establish the run for 3 quarters when we are down by 2 scores. If we do what we have did all year. We will be fine. But we have to protect Ryan this time and give the wr`s a chance to go deep.

I don't know why the bucs fans are so down on their team. I think they are close to turning it around. I think the division will be tough again next year because much as I hate to say it the saints will rebound and I think the bucs will be a force too. We certainly aren't going to go away either!

Edited by Falc_Fan_Since_Six