Ryan Says He Won’T Tolerate Bs From Receivers

falcons007

Just took a peek at what Bucs forum and I found this article. The big discussion there is about Josh Freeman.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=80874

Ryan Says He Won’t Tolerate BS From Receivers

December 26th, 2012

mryan.jpgYeah, Joe hates the Falcons, aka Dixie Chicks, but Joe really enjoyed this exchange with Atlanta media and Falcons QB Matt Ryan today. … Makes you wonder how Ryan would have handled a guy like Kellen Winslow last year. Here it is below, via AJC.com.

Q:
You always talk about how you have a lot of weapons around you in this offense. How do you command the huddle? Because I’m sure you get a lot of ‘Hey, I was open.’

A: That’s not greeted with a good response, usually. (Laughs). I let them know how I feel about certain things. But I think it comes down to trust. I think it comes down to not feeding me some (expletive), basically. Don’t feed me that when you come to the sideline (because) we will be able to see it on film. Also, at the same time there is the right time and a certain place for those kind of things. I think we’ve all done a good job of, ‘All right, I’m not going to badmouth you or anything like that but there is a time and a place for doing those kind of things.’ I think everybody has a good feel for that.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol @ Dixie Chicks, that's one of the funnier nicknames I've heard from a rival

Since day one everyone always raved about how. Ryan was in charge of the huddle even as a rookie, so I have no doubt he doesn't let these guys egos take over during games

Ryan was leader from rookie year. I don't think any one knocked Ryan on lack of respect or command in the huddle. I LOL@ Dixie Chicks too.

Freeman is in the huddle, he should be the leader of the offense and tell his WR that he is the boss.

I completely agree, but the young QB isn't going to step on the coach's toes. Do you think Matty disrespected Smitty at any point in 2008? No, but Smitty was great at staying out of site and letting his players get the spotlight. The face of this team in 2008 was a combination of Matt and Turner. In 2009 it was Matt, Turner and Gonzo. In 2010, though, Matt took the spotlight and ran away with it.

I completely agree, but the young QB isn't going to step on the coach's toes. Do you think Matty disrespected Smitty at any point in 2008? No, but Smitty was great at staying out of site and letting his players get the spotlight. The face of this team in 2008 was a combination of Matt and Turner. In 2009 it was Matt, Turner and Gonzo. In 2010, though, Matt took the spotlight and ran away with it.

Schianno probably screwed up with being the face of the franchise. I agree coach can be a distraction but QB needs to step in to huddle and command respect and direct the players. Freeman is in his 3rd and year and struggled with Kellen Winslow last year under Raheem Morris.

The comments:

LOL. I bet they were cocky after the 2010 season.

Schianno probably screwed up with being the face of the franchise. I agree coach can be a distraction but QB needs to step in to huddle and command respect and direct the players. Freeman is in his 3rd and year and struggled with Kellen Winslow last year under Raheem Morris.

Agreed. Freeman is too docile to be a real leader in the NFL if you ask me.

So many people around here saying Matt doesn't have any fire in him. Between this , and just about every game he has ever been Mic'd its obvious the guy is a winner and firey leader. " Get the fu*k off my field! " angry.png

I guess the perception comes from the lack of rah rah from Ryan before the game like Brees or other QB.