Do We Need To Find Roddy's Replacement?

THE ICEMAN

Do we need to find Roddy's replacement/another weapon for Ryan?

I don't mean cut Roddy or demote him or anything like that. The point I'm making is Roddy seems to take a lot of big hits(because he's a gamer) and has never missed a game to. But I believe Roddy will be 31 next year and the mileage is starting to creep up on Roddy and at 31 a bad injury and he may not be the player we've seen over the years. And Julio always seems to be banged up or dealing with something. And lets not forget Tony is 95% sure he's retiring.

And I don't mean taking a WR in the 3rd or 4th Because you don't get true number 1 WR's late in the draft or its very very rare.

I don't watch collage football very much so I don't know how talented the WR prospects are this year or even TE at that.

So if there is a pretty talented WR there late in 1st should we pull the trigger.

And I know the OL and DL need upgrades but we've been doing that for like 3 drafts now and I'm feed up with the rookies there just not producing. Its time to gets some vets to fill those needs which then really opens up the draft and you can go any way you want RB,TE,WR,DE or Best player available.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys think of expanding Harry Douglas' role? Pretty much every time I've seen him in there, he's done a pretty good job. I see him as a dependable receiver and wouldn't mind seeing him in there a little more.

he's dependable outside of the predictable plays called when he's in. He's had plenty of late game, clutch first downs. Personally I have been waiting 3 years for his role to expand but it has never happened unless one of the big boys were hurt

Guest Negatorris

No way. Roddy has plenty of time left. It would be nice to have an elite slot receiver, but Roddy is not being replaced anytime soon, nor will he need to be.

We need to become Oakland as far as WR scouting goes. Look for size and speed in late rounds of the draft and hope that Roddy can help to groom them into consistency.

Think about Roddy himself. He was always a size/speed guy but had major problems with drops until Joe Horn showed up and taught him how to be a professional. We can replicate that.

Well the thing about it is What if Julio or Roddy get injured next year and TG retires plus the decline of Turner. It does happen NFL has more injures than any other sport in the world.

davis, cone, toone, meier? we have more than just 3 wrs on this team. not to mention rodgers brother and jackson on the PS

First round on a WR is too much after spending the first rounds in 2011 and 2012 on WR position. We don't even need a WR, how many teams have true 1 A and 1 B type of receivers? RW will probably play another 4 or 5 years just like Reggie Wayne who is still playing at a very high level.

The offense is still going to need more weapons after TG and Turner are gone. Can't put the entire offense on Roddy and Julio

We need to become Oakland as far as WR scouting goes. Look for size and speed in late rounds of the draft and hope that Roddy can help to groom them into consistency.

Think about Roddy himself. He was always a size/speed guy but had major problems with drops until Joe Horn showed up and taught him how to be a professional. We can replicate that.

The last thing we need to be is like Oakland regarding WR scouting.