Potential Pick

I for one would not complain at all if we took a chance in the late third or maybe trade up in the fourth to take Tyrann Mathieu. The locker room has a lot of high character, strong leadership guys in there to potentially keep this kid grounded and in line. I'm sure between Moore, Decoud, JA55, Spoon, Nicholas, and Samuels on defense, and Ryan, JJ, Roddy, TG(maybe) on offense to name a few someone can keep this kid on the straight and narrow. He fills 2-3 needs. CB, PR, KR. He has a very high risk, but the ceiling is through the roof. The kid single handedly won a few games for LSU.

Just seeing what others think about this scenario. I know it's a little early to talk draft, but a little change of topic.

Edited by N1985oles!

Guest facelessman07

Either the Broncos or Seahawks will draft him. Since weed is now "legal" in Washington and Colorado. Lol

And yes, I know about the NFL's firm drug testing policies so no need to say anything

I don't smoke weed personally but if somebody told me I could have the Heisman a couple of National titles and be drafted in the top ten of the NFL draft, all if I could stay out of trouble, u bet your bottom dollar Id never smoke weed again. I don't get how some athletes let the stupidest stuff come between them and fame and fortune

I don't smoke weed personally but if somebody told me I could have the Heisman a couple of National titles and be drafted in the top ten of the NFL draft, all if I could stay out of trouble, u bet your bottom dollar Id never smoke weed again. I don't get how some athletes let the stupidest stuff come between them and fame and fortune

Exactly, you could potentially be a 1st rounder, then you blow it on stupid choices that really can be easily avoided.

I am always on the side of atleast doing our diligence on a player. As i am sure we will. Look at Vontaze Burfict for Cinci. Two years ago he was projected a 1st round selection as high as #5 pick and then he went undrafted the next year due to off the field issues and poor performance. This year he went from UDFA to starter and has beeing playing outstanding. And Cinci isn't known for having strong leadership in their lockeroom.

Look at what New Englad did with Talib. I think we should definitely look into it. If we resign Grimes and get him in a late round and he does happen to pan out then that would be awesome.

If it was just weed he did I would take a chance. But it would have to be late in the draft. Five round or later. I am one of those that think alcohol is ten times worse that weed. Only thing is one is illegal and the other is not. Which I still don't understand.

But regardless the FF is in effect and it won't happen anyways.

If it was just weed he did I would take a chance. But it would have to be late in the draft. Five round or later. I am one of those that think alcohol is ten times worse that weed. Only thing is one is illegal and the other is not. Which I still don't understand.

But regardless the FF is in effect and it won't happen anyways.

Lets not make this a debate on which one is worse lol. The positive test for Marijuana isn't what scares our FO that much. Its the repeated positive tests of it. He was kicked off the team and given a chance to play if he got his act together and he did it again. That is where the problem is. Thats a huge deal to have a repeat failed test after getting kicked off the team and given a chance to redeem yourself.

I mean its his job he is talking about. His future. If he stayed clean he could be a 1st round pick in for a huge payday, but he would rather smoke dope and be kicked off the team and now will not sign near as big of a contract. Just a big red flag.

Lets not make this a debate on which one is worse lol. The positive test for Marijuana isn't what scares our FO that much. Its the repeated positive tests of it. He was kicked off the team and given a chance to play if he got his act together and he did it again. That is where the problem is. Thats a huge deal to have a repeat failed test after getting kicked off the team and given a chance to redeem yourself.

I mean its his job he is talking about. His future. If he stayed clean he could be a 1st round pick in for a huge payday, but he would rather smoke dope and be kicked off the team and now will not sign near as big of a contract. Just a big red flag.

Trust me I don't debate anything on here. I express my thoughts and move on.

But I see your thinking and respect it.