Smitty Playing Starters This Week

NYBirdsfan

Saw this on AJC, seems like we are playing all are starters and not resting any players. I think this is a good idea to keep momentum and if anyone gets nicked up, we have a bye anyway.

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-blog/2012/12/27/atlanta-falcons-finishing-regular-season-the-right-way-with-momentum/?cxntfid=blogs_atlanta_falcons_blog

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

would really like to see Roddy and Asante get the day off, allow them to rest and recover further.

i was hoping for a game like the 3rd pre-season game - play the starters the first half and maybe the first series of the 2nd half. would help greatly if the Bucs would just fold up completely and be down by 3 scores.

Saw this on AJC, seems like we are playing all are starters and not resting any players. I think this is a good idea to keep momentum and if anyone gets nicked up, we have a bye anyway.

http://blogs.ajc.com...ta_falcons_blog

I don't think he will end up playing some of the main guys. A lot of times coaches do this that way the players practice and prepare all week as if they were going to play. Then the day of the game they tell the players they aren't going to go after all

Not only play the starters all game regardless of the score, but they should be running 2-a-days every day from now till the playoffs, in full pads, with full contact, Oklahoma Head Drills, wind sprints and running laps in full pads until they vomit stomach acid because they get no water or gatorade from 6am until midnight. That's how you win a SuperBowl.

---Jerry Glanville

Nothing in this article or anything I've seen to date says we're playing the starters. Merely talks about our approach. I wouldn't bank on the AJC getting it right when it comes to what our team is gonna do.

I'd rather we rest guys. I don't buy this "we'll lose momentum", if we don't. Some guys will start because you can't play 11 bench warmers on offense and defense but I think if you're looking for us to treat this like the Giants or te Saints game you're going to be seriously disappointed.

Have to keep this team motivated for a loooong time, last game is at home so they will be hanging around Atl for 3 weeks until their 1st playoff game.

Hopefully we have a different team and coaching to not allow complacency to set in.

They should have learned by now that being satisfied with the season means exactly

nothing so I hope they can stay fired up and hungry so to speak.

We have played two of our best games of the season after we lost to Carolina and Coach Smith admitted to breaking his foot off in the players respective ***** during the following weeks of practice. I see absolutely no reason to alter this philosophy. Play them Sunday (except those with lingering minor injuries) and work their tail off in practice the next two weeks. Not to the point of exhaustion, but I want them to enter the playoffs angry and ready to drop-kick somebody.

would really like to see Roddy and Asante get the day off, allow them to rest and recover further.

i was hoping for a game like the 3rd pre-season game - play the starters the first half and maybe the first series of the 2nd half. would help greatly if the Bucs would just fold up completely and be down by 3 scores.

This is what I was sort of hoping as well.