Pro Bowl Voters Did The Falcons A Giant Favor

Peyton

The Falcons are 4th in the NFL in scoring defense and 1st in passing TDs allowed, and the defense has played with a chip on it's shoulder all year long.

I'd like to thank the Pro Bowl voters for making sure our guys don't lose their edge.

Maybe Thomas DeCoud is the only one with a legitimate gripe, but the Falcons should have had a player represented on that Pro Bowl squad, even if they won't get to participate.

So thanks Pro Bowl voters, our guys are going to take it out on somebody's azz in two weeks.

I agree Decoud should have made it

The Pro Bowl is nothing but a popularity contest, it is of no concern.

The only way the Pro-bowl would matter is if no one could vote and a player automatically got in if they had the best stats that year.

Oh, I don't want to give the impression that I care about the Pro Bowl. There is nothing I care less about.

But I do know that the players care about the recognition, and they care about the bonus money for making it, so this is going to give guys some extra juice. Not a lot, cause hopefully they are juiced anyway. But a little.

did I see the Chiefs are sending 5 guys to the Pro Bowl?

Yeah, but that's AFC. It's the fact that they are taking the entire SF 49er defense with a little Seattle salt sprinkled in that leaves no room for any of our guys.

However, the Falcons are going to be otherwise occupied anyway.

The voters are always late to the party. Maybe this season' performance will be reflected in next season's voting, although I hope this is the last Pro Bowl.

Even if it's the last year of an actual Pro Bowl game, they'll still vote to honor players in some way. It may amount to honoring them before the Super Bowl, or before the draft, or something, but there'll still be some sort of program for singling out exceptional players for recognition.

And, really, after last year's debacle of a game, I'm fine with having them all stand up before the Super Bowl and let them get a round of applause. No need for more lackadaisical nonsense like last year.

Even if it's the last year of an actual Pro Bowl game, they'll still vote to honor players in some way. It may amount to honoring them before the Super Bowl, or before the draft, or something, but there'll still be some sort of program for singling out exceptional players for recognition.

And, really, after last year's debacle of a game, I'm fine with having them all stand up before the Super Bowl and let them get a round of applause. No need for more lackadaisical nonsense like last year.

I always thought a rookies versus college all stars idea had some merit.

It bothers me that our players don't get voted in. I love our defense this season. They have played great and they have not been recognized for it at all. These guys want the recognition for playing outstanding football.

Pierre-Paul on the roster is ridiculous. Abe is 3rd in the entire league in FF's (6) and 6th in the NFC with 10 sacks. There were other snubs for this position as well, because Pierre-Paul was not deserving of it this season.

How Goldson made it over DeCoud blows my mind. DeCoud has more sacks (1-0), more tackles (70-67), more solo tackles (56-53), and twice as many INT's (6-3). That was straight up robbery. DeCoud leads the league at the FS position with INT's at 6, and he doesn't go to the Pro Bowl? WTF?!?

How Goldson made it over DeCoud blows my mind. DeCoud has more sacks (1-0), more tackles (70-67), more solo tackles (56-53), and twice as many INT's (6-3). That was straight up robbery. DeCoud leads the league at the FS position with INT's at 6, and he doesn't go to the Pro Bowl? WTF?!?

SF did face some powerful offensive juggernauts this season

The Falcons are 4th in the NFL in scoring defense and 1st in passing TDs allowed, and the defense has played with a chip on it's shoulder all year long.

I'd like to thank the Pro Bowl voters for making sure our guys don't lose their edge.

Maybe Thomas DeCoud is the only one with a legitimate gripe, but the Falcons should have had a player represented on that Pro Bowl squad, even if they won't get to participate.

So thanks Pro Bowl voters, our guys are going to take it out on somebody's azz in two weeks.

I want the defense pizzed the next 6-7 weeks

The problem is every time the media talks about the defense they bring up Nolan name and never gives credit to one particular player.