Matt Ryan Can Break A New Record

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

He can breakthr highest. Compleation percentage in a single season previously held be Drew Bress with 71.23. Matt Ryan needs to complete at least 74 percent of this passes this Sunday to break the record as he currently sits second in the league behind Alex Smith with 69 Compleation percentage. Smith has 70. Some food for thought: Ryan has had a Compleation percentage of 74 or higher six times this season.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not following this. How can one game with a completion percentage of 74 move him from 69% to 71.23% in a 16 game season. My back of the envelope calculation says that he needs a 100% completion on a 50 attempt day to have a shot at that record.

No he can't, he'd have to throw 50 passes completing all of them to even think about breaking the record.

Wow

Well at least Ryan has been the most accurate QB this season.

He will improve even more next season.

He can breakthr highest. Compleation percentage in a single season previously held be Drew Bress with 71.23. Matt Ryan needs to complete at least 74 percent of this passes this Sunday to break the record as he currently sits second in the league behind Alex Smith with 69 Compleation percentage. Smith has 70. Some food for thought: Ryan has had a Compleation percentage of 74 or higher six times this season.

who would think alex smith would be mentioned there? i still feel kinda bad for him but w/e. as far as matt goes, i was mad when he blew the chance for most completions in a row, he had quizz wide open in the flats on that miss.

OK, upon a second look, 45 attempts is the minimum he needs and he needs a complete day of 45/45 to get that record. On a 60 attempt day, he can do it by going 56/60.

Sorry, but not plausible.

He'd end up setting the completion percentage in a single game record.

I just thought about Tony probably retiring and yea it may effect his completion percentage next season unless a good replacement TE is found in the offseason.

yeah, his yards n ypa might go up without the hof safety valve, but not having the sure hands of tony prob would have to drop his comp % some.

I just thought about Tony probably retiring and yea it may effect his completion percentage next season unless a good replacement TE is found in the offseason.

It depends on that but there are several other things involved as well.

1. Who take TGs targets, not just who replaces him at TE.

2. Will an improved running game decrease passing attempts.

3. Will our "every down" back (Turners replacement) be a better pass catcher than him.

Anybody know what he has to do sunday to have >70% for the season?

He's at 69.0%. So he's a long shot to even get to 70%. I just did a quick number. Say he does something insane like go 21 for 23 then his season completion percentage would be 69.86 which would round up to 69.9%. So he would still be below 70%. I don't see any realistic way he gets to 70%.

Guest Negatorris

With a better OL, he'll get it done next year. Isn't possible now, but Ryan will finish with the NFL's highest completion %. If Alex Smith was still playing he wouldn't be leading the NFL, that's for sure.

With a better OL, he'll get it done next year. Isn't possible now, but Ryan will finish with the NFL's highest completion %. If Alex Smith was still playing he wouldn't be leading the NFL, that's for sure.

Ryan's Oline next year could be SackMaker, Blalock, Konz, Reynolds and Clabo.

Scary. Especially considering we play a division winner's schedule with all the NFC West defenses on the slate.