Does This Put The Chip On This Teams Shoulder?

birdz4i

now i could care less about media respect as mostly all of you know. but does lack of respect from players and coaches do it? 9 teams getting more players to the pro bowl put the chip on this teams shoulder to make a push thru the playoffs? considering we had the best year in the nfl.

sf 9

hou 8

ne 7

balt 6

den, kc, chi, sea 5

minn 4

http://www.nfl.com/p...rosters-afc-nfc

I would hope not. I would hope that this team has a greater focus (that being getting to the SB) than to worry about a Pro Bowl selection. They shouldn't see this as their motivating factor. Just look at bringing to Atlanta, it's first Lombardi. No reason to add more stress and negative thoughts in their heads. Focus of the games ahead and move from there. They can talk Pro Bowl snubs after the season if they want.

I would hope not. I would hope that this team has a greater focus (that being getting to the SB) than to worry about a Pro Bowl selection. They shouldn't see this as their motivating factor. Just look at bringing to Atlanta, it's first Lombardi. No reason to add more stress and negative thoughts in their heads. Focus of the games ahead and move from there. They can talk Pro Bowl snubs after the season if they want.

yes but it can motivate them to prove they are the best team, which could light a fire to hoisting the lombardi. when you feel you have something to prove, you tend to work a little harder than normal.

yes but it can motivate them to prove they are the best team, which could light a fire to hoisting the lombardi. when you feel you have something to prove, you tend to work a little harder than normal.

I do understand you. I think if they look back on this season and see what they've accomplished, that would be motivation to keep it up. Just being as close as you can be (at this point in the season) to a SB trophy should be much enough to go right on in and get it. Clouding your head with who's saying what with the negativity could mess with your mental toughness. Get you off focus.

I do understand you. I think if they look back on this season and see what they've accomplished, that would be motivation to keep it up. Just being as close as you can be (at this point in the season) to a SB trophy should be much enough to go right on in and get it. Clouding your head with who's saying what with the negativity could mess with your mental toughness. Get you off focus.

that is true as well, sometimes when you forget the bigger picture(hopefully not), and focus on the smaller things you can loose focus.

but i mean cmon the chiefs? seriously?

ROFL yeah I don't really care myself. The Pro Bowl is about as useless as the Hall of Fame in recognizing talent. All they really do is acknowledge who got more media attention. BUT the Chiefs getting more selections than the Falcons is my proof of how useless the Pro Bowl is in recognizing talent.

if it was just fan and media selection than i d agree. but it is 1/3 fan, player and coaches vote no?

I never said it was all logical, lolol.

no doubt.

I don't think so. Other than 2010, when was the last time the Falcons ever had more than 3 or 4 players in the Pro Bowl?

The only chip that is on their shoulders is getting the pressure of no playoff wins off their backs. Once they do that they will be a totally different team.

The Falcons will be the team that takes everyone by surprise in the post season.

I don't think so. Other than 2010, when was the last time the Falcons ever had more than 3 or 4 players in the Pro Bowl?

The only chip that is on their shoulders is getting the pressure of no playoff wins off their backs. Once they do that they will be a totally different team.

The Falcons will be the team that takes everyone by surprise in the post season.

yeah, just not every year we have the best record in the nfl. i know most of us(fans) feel they got snubbed for the teams achievement, just wondered if the team might too. i know asante has been a big part of us playing with some confidence and swagger, wondering if he was going to say something about having achieved passed success and get us into the mindset that no one believes in us so it is time to go show them we are the best team in the nfl.

Honestly if I'm WillyMo, Decoud and Weatherspoon, a young player thats trying to establish myself in the leagues upper echelon this would make me even hungrier considering how good of a season they all had. I feel sorry for opposing offenses as our defense has been severely underated all year and playing ugly stepchild to our star studded offense. It's annoying how the little positive talk our team gets centers on Ryan and his weapons, and completely ignores how our defense carried us to at least half of our wins this year. I'm telling you our snubbed defenders will be knocking heads in the postseason