Was There A 3Rd Pro Bowl Qb?

Miller2Rison

i hope we play him in the nfc championship game i want our defense to "Pick" him apart. then after all the interceptions he throws he can go play in the pro bowl while we get ready for new orleans

Yup I'm pretty sure Aaron Rodgers is really losing sleep over playing the 23rd ranked defense that is #25 in sacks after playing SF, Seattle, Arizona, Chicago (twice), and Houston. Aaron Rodgers hasn't thrown multiple INTs in a game in two years. That's just not part of his DNA.

If I were you I would be more worried about Rodgers picking the Falcons defense apart. I just can't fathom how a Falcons fan could actually want to see Aaron Rodgers. The Packers are red-hot right now. They are getting healthy at the right time.

Yup I'm pretty sure Aaron Rodgers is really losing sleep over playing the 23rd ranked defense that is #25 in sacks after playing SF, Seattle, Arizona, Chicago (twice), and Houston. Aaron Rodgers hasn't thrown multiple INTs in a game in two years. That's just not part of his DNA.

If I were you I would be more worried about Rodgers picking the Falcons defense apart. I just can't fathom how a Falcons fan could actually want to see Aaron Rodgers. The Packers are red-hot right now. They are getting healthy at the right time.

The Green Bay Packers have a website. Feel free to go make a user account there.

Why grown men find entertainment in trolling opposing team's message boards is beyond me. Surely you have something constructive to do.

Blah blah blah. All that and you still said nothing.

Is this idiot and Swift the same poster? The way they both slobber all over Aaron Rodgers knob it seems like it.

Blah blah blah. All that and you still said nothing.

You know our defense is ranked #1 in passing TDs allowed, right?

You know our defense is ranked #1 in passing TDs allowed, right?

I don't think regular season stats are really that important. In the playoffs its all about the matchups. Its the same defensive personnel that Aaron Rodgers has shredded the last two times he's played the Falcons. A sample size of 15 games under Mike Nolan is not enough to go around saying the Falcons defense is going to " pick apart Aaron Rodgers". The Falcons haven't played a QB like Aaron Rodgers this year that presents the kind of problems he does. We're talking a sample size of 15 games dude. If we are going to use small sample sizes, Aaron Rodgers in his lis 9 indoor games has thrown for 27 TDs and 2 INTs.

As far as I'm concerned I'm failing to see why this team is so much better than the one that Aaron Rodgers destroyed in the 2010 playoffs. The defensive stats are eerily similar. I'm telling you this right now. You can talk all the stats you want. If you don't get pressure on him he is going to tear apart any defense in any building. The Falcons are #25 in sacks. There are some stats that bode well for teams entering the playoffs. The Falcons don't have them.

Things that are important going into the playoffs is QB Rating, Opp. QB Rating, sacks, 3rd pct, yds/play. The Falcons are worse than mediocre in most of those stats.

The Falcons are #23 in Opp. Yds/play. #26 in sacks, their solid in QB Rating on both sides of the ball. I think the 13 TD passes is misleading though because the Falcons have an awful run defense. They are #29 in YPC allowed and #25 in rushing TDs allowed. So is their pass defense really that stingy are does their run defense just suck? The Falcons have a bend don't break defense quite obviously. The problem with that is the Packers lead the league in TD passes over 20 yards and score TDs at a very high percentage in the red zone.

Of course I'll be called an idiot but the fact is you don't look at Super Bowl teams and find a whole slew of stats that they are way below average in. Just look at Green Bay they are average or well above average in probably 90% of the stats you can put together. Things like TDs allowed can be very misleading just because of a small sample size. Using efficiency stats like Yds/play, QB Rating, YPC, YPA and things like that are much more accurate because you are using a much larger sample size.

Nothing against the Falcons I just find it absolutely comical that there are Falcons fans that actually look forward to having to play the Packers. I think the Falcons would put up much more of a fight this time around but somebody would have to be delusional to think that it would be easy-sledding against a red-hot Packers team that is getting healthy at just the right time. The Packers really are the more complete team. Better QB, better defense.

Is this idiot and Swift the same poster? The way they both slobber all over Aaron Rodgers knob it seems like it.

Come on dude. Everybody here knows I'm a Packers fan. This is a free country. I can post on any internet forum I want to. Don't call me an idiot for simply pointing out facts. Aaron Rodgers has played nearly all of the NFL's Top 6 defenses and came out of it with the NFL's leading passer rating. Like I said. I don't think he's losing sleep over playing a defense that is bottom 20s in yds/game and sacks. He's faced much more imposing defenses than Atlanta's.

I just don't see how a defense that can't generate pressure and gives up a bunch of yards is going to stop Aaron Rodgers. I think Mike Nolan is going to have to dial up blitzes to get heat on Rodgers and Aaron Rodgers is by far the best QB in the NFL over his career against added pressure. The teams that do well against Rodgers are those that can generate massive pressure with their front four. Teams that have to blitz him get torched. Its just the truth. You can call me an idiot all you want but I just don't think the Packers are a good matchup for the Falcons. I don't see the Falcons as the type of defense that will give Rodgers problems. There isn't a DC in the NFL that can "trick" Aaron Rodgers. To defeat that Packers offense the defense simply has to physically win the matchups. That doesn't happen all that often and there are very few defenses in this league that have the horses to do it.

I don't think regular season stats are really that important. In the playoffs its all about the matchups. Its the same defensive personnel that Aaron Rodgers has shredded the last two times he's played the Falcons. A sample size of 15 games under Mike Nolan is not enough to go around saying the Falcons defense is going to " pick apart Aaron Rodgers". The Falcons haven't played a QB like Aaron Rodgers this year that presents the kind of problems he does. We're talking a sample size of 15 games dude. If we are going to use small sample sizes, Aaron Rodgers in his lis 9 indoor games has thrown for 27 TDs and 2 INTs.

As far as I'm concerned I'm failing to see why this team is so much better than the one that Aaron Rodgers destroyed in the 2010 playoffs. The defensive stats are eerily similar. I'm telling you this right now. You can talk all the stats you want. If you don't get pressure on him he is going to tear apart any defense in any building. The Falcons are #25 in sacks. There are some stats that bode well for teams entering the playoffs. The Falcons don't have them.

Things that are important going into the playoffs is QB Rating, Opp. QB Rating, sacks, 3rd pct, yds/play. The Falcons are worse than mediocre in most of those stats.

The Falcons are #23 in Opp. Yds/play. #26 in sacks, their solid in QB Rating on both sides of the ball. I think the 13 TD passes is misleading though because the Falcons have an awful run defense. They are #29 in YPC allowed and #25 in rushing TDs allowed. So is their pass defense really that stingy are does their run defense just suck? The Falcons have a bend don't break defense quite obviously. The problem with that is the Packers lead the league in TD passes over 20 yards and score TDs at a very high percentage in the red zone.

Of course I'll be called an idiot but the fact is you don't look at Super Bowl teams and find a whole slew of stats that they are way below average in. Just look at Green Bay they are average or well above average in probably 90% of the stats you can put together. Things like TDs allowed can be very misleading just because of a small sample size. Using efficiency stats like Yds/play, QB Rating, YPC, YPA and things like that are much more accurate because you are using a much larger sample size.

Nothing against the Falcons I just find it absolutely comical that there are Falcons fans that actually look forward to having to play the Packers. I think the Falcons would put up much more of a fight this time around but somebody would have to be delusional to think that it would be easy-sledding against a red-hot Packers team that is getting healthy at just the right time. The Packers really are the more complete team. Better QB, better defense.

Actually Bobby Mac and Asante weren't on the team last time the Falcons played the Pack...so no...the personell isn't the same

Actually Bobby Mac and Asante weren't on the team last time the Falcons played the Pack...so no...the personell isn't the same

I still thing the Falcons secondary will get outmatched by the Packers more physical WRs. The Falcons still have an undersized secondary. I don't see what adding another 5'9 and 5'10 corner changes. The Packers will matchup Jordy Nelson and James Jones on the smaller corners and Rodgers will make a pin-point pass and complete it. Like they say, there's no defense for a perfect throw. Rodgers is up there with Brees for ball placement so if he has a larger WR on a smaller corner I think he's going to win that matchup more times than not.

back with the five paragraph nonsense posts? you seem really upset that nobody here is shaking over the packers. why is that? if atl beats the packers will you come back and talk about how great atlanta is in massive posts?

Come on dude. Everybody here knows I'm a Packers fan. This is a free country. I can post on any internet forum I want to. Don't call me an idiot for simply pointing out facts. Aaron Rodgers has played nearly all of the NFL's Top 6 defenses and came out of it with the NFL's leading passer rating. Like I said. I don't think he's losing sleep over playing a defense that is bottom 20s in yds/game and sacks. He's faced much more imposing defenses than Atlanta's.

I just don't see how a defense that can't generate pressure and gives up a bunch of yards is going to stop Aaron Rodgers. I think Mike Nolan is going to have to dial up blitzes to get heat on Rodgers and Aaron Rodgers is by far the best QB in the NFL over his career against added pressure. The teams that do well against Rodgers are those that can generate massive pressure with their front four. Teams that have to blitz him get torched. Its just the truth. You can call me an idiot all you want but I just don't think the Packers are a good matchup for the Falcons. I don't see the Falcons as the type of defense that will give Rodgers problems. There isn't a DC in the NFL that can "trick" Aaron Rodgers. To defeat that Packers offense the defense simply has to physically win the matchups. That doesn't happen all that often and there are very few defenses in this league that have the horses to do it.

No. I had no idea you were a Packers fan because I didn't see you start posting until a few days ago.

our defense isnt about getting sacks and giving up yards bro our defense is about disguising our coverages and making good quarterbacks who can read coverages make the wrong read nd throw interceptions and keeping their receivers out of the end zone, there is a reason we are #1 in pass touchdowns allowed. this is not the same defense that you saw the last two times you play us, its a great philosophy that confused the ish out of the king of reading defenses and also shut out his lttle brother and picked breesus off five times. our defense plays the best against the best quarterbacks in the league and Asate Samuel fits this scheme like no other and lately we have been playing pretty well with our starting SS AND his back up on the side lines.

You're acting like teams don't have to pass on us (despite being down all the time) due to our bad run defense. We're also 4th in scoring defense, so that's obviously also garbage.

But the fact that you said "regular season stats aren't really that important" is enough to discredit all you said. If we aren't going to judge the teams this season based off of the regular season, what should we judge them on? The playoffs last year? Teams aren't stagnant.

Got a feeling you'll find that out in the not-so-distant future.