What's More Important?

Falconsfan567

More Important?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which is more important, yards or touchdowns?

• Yards
    • Touchdowns

Well, it really does depend on the context. For example, TJ Duckett scored more TDs when he was here, while Dunn got more yards. Does anybody honestly think that made Duckett a better back/more important?

EDIT: Ha! I thought this was about the Pro Bowl thing w/ Roddy (more yards) vs. Julio (more TDs). I just realized this was actually about the defense giving up yards as opposed to TDs. In that case, it seems fairly obvious as points come from TDs, not yards.

Edited by k-train

But the yards don't matter if you don't score. That's what I'm trying to say. You can get all the yards you want but if you don't score they are useless. The Falcons are 23rd in the NFL in yards given up but only 4th in points given up. There's no arguing that.

yeah but unless you d is getting the ball in the redzone everytime? your not getting points with out them.

Our defense is a TRUE example of why TDs are more important than yards. We are in the bottom cellar of the NFL in yards given up, but with TDs allowed, we are a top 5 defense.

yeah but if ya don t give up the yards in the first place, they are in no position to score. its great that our d finally decides to stand up in the redzone, but with out giving up the yards they other team wouldn t be in position to score anyways. hence i don t know, the ravens of the early 2k.

The Lions had 522 yards against the Falcons and scored just 16 points on offense. Stafford set an NFL record with 443 yards passing and 0 touchdowns. Is that really the kind of record we should be celebrating?

prime example of yards meaning nothing if you don't score. With that many yards they should have had at least 35 points

The Lions had 522 yards against the Falcons and scored just 16 points on offense. Stafford set an NFL record with 443 yards passing and 0 touchdowns. Is that really the kind of record we should be celebrating?

If you ask me that is embarrassing for the Lions not a bad thing for us. That to me just says that we have a good redzone defense and they just suck at scoring.

and with out those yards they would not have been in position to make it a game in the second half. i m not gonna chicken and egg you with this all nite. point is unless you a forcing TOs on d all the time you eventually need yards to have a chance for points.

and with out those yards they would not have been in position to make it a game in the second half. i m not gonna chicken and egg you with this all nite. point is unless you a forcing TOs on d all the time you eventually need yards to have a chance for points.

Right. But yards are not more important than touchdowns. The question is which is more important, yards or touchdowns? The answer is touchdowns because points wins games, not yards.

yards get you in position to score no?

but if you don't come away with points then those yards meant absolutely nothing unless you are a fantasy football dork. And we have all seen that field goals are not guaranteed

They do, but if you don't score then all the yards accumulated won't amount to anything. Ask Matthew Stafford after last Saturday's game against Atlanta. He threw for over 440 yards and got zero touchdowns out of all that.

Right. But yards are not more important than touchdowns. The question is which is more important, yards or touchdowns? The answer is touchdowns because points wins games, not yards.

and like i have said, unless you d is doing all the work, you need yards to get points? correct? correct. ty. yes you have to do something once in range, but you don t get in scoring range with out them plain and simple.

and like i have said, unless you d is doing all the work, you need yards to get points? correct? correct. ty. yes you have to do something once in range, but you don t get in scoring range with out them plain and simple.

OMG! Are people really this dense? Yes you can't score without the yards but if you don't score the yards are useless. How hard is that for people to understand?