God Forbid, But If Gonzo Does Retire, Instead Of Replacing Him With A Te

JulioisCoolio

Gonzo big , Welker small.

Need a guy on the inside with size who can catch on top of people like Gonzo can. Would prefer that to a little guy.

Catching on top of somebody isn't really necessary with Welker because he's always open on the underneath stuff. I'm not saying to not draft a TE too, but Welker would be a short term solution that you wouldn't have to wait for him to develop.

older and too much $. if tg retires we need to take that cap hit $ elsewhere.

This is what I was going to reply with. And is he not injury-prone?

I like Chase Coffmann tall great hands intelligent job done!

I've been telling a co-worker that I've liked what I've seen out of Coffman and Palmer when they've been on the field. I think they might fill that void pretty nicely.

Edited by MikeR

Why does everyone get so worried when it comes to Gonzo retiring. The man has to leave one day and it's up to the team finding a replacement. It's not like he's being forced out, he wants to enjoy life outside of football

For me its because I see him as the epitome of class. I really enjoy his presence on this football team. He exudes everything a football player should and to me that is priceless for a locker room. Plus besides all that he about as clutch as TE can possibly be. I wish he could stay forever I know that is impossible I know he wants to enjoy his family. Its really just a selfish fandom thing.

For me its because I see him as the epitome of class. I really enjoy his presence on this football team. He exudes everything a football player should and to me that is priceless for a locker room. Plus besides all that he about as clutch as TE can possibly be. I wish he could stay forever I know that is impossible I know he wants to enjoy his family. Its really just a selfish fandom thing.

every year I see posts where people act as if the world will end if he retires. True enough he has been the most clutch player on this offense since his arrival but he's pushing 50 years old. He's gotta go someday. Never know who we may sign or draft to replace him. The next man may not have the hands that Gonzo has but I'm sure it won't be much of a drop off. Palmer and Coffman can catch but I wouldn't want either running many routes. I would feel more comfortable with a guy with a little speed to go along with decent hands, but better than Turner's lol

Gonzo is gonna retire after this season as a Super Bowl Champion. We should find his replacement in the draft.

Brasky, I have looked at your avatar 1,000 times.....I cannot look at it 1,001 times - for the love of God, please change it - i can no longer look at that hideous beast!!!