Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#1 pick™

Quarterbacks In The 2013 Nfl Draft

480 posts in this topic

So look at Texas A&M. Conferences matters.

What do you mean?

A-TowN, you have did it. You are the biggest idiot on this forum. Congrats on your irrelevant posting nonsense.

oh the irony.

Aw poor girl. Go pick up some midol, you'll feel better. You call me dumb when your argument fails. It's okay you'll understand football some day.

This type of response is what I expect from someone who can do his own battles like a man and never comes with any facts but attacks ones who do. Classy fellow are you.

A-Town, this is for your stupidass

Bill Stewart ran a pro style set and like the pros, you'll see a lot of shotgun reads. Luck did the same.

http://en.wikipedia.....ican_football)

As well, the Air Raid system that Holgerson runs is not a "spread" system like Stoops and Meyer runs. It utilizes a lot of mulitple read pro routes.

Quote: Coach Holgo has kept the no huddle aspect and the practice routine the same, which he says is the most important part of the offense. He also always keeps his "Y" receiver (tight end) to the right of the formation and the "X" receiver (split end) to the left. Those two never leave their respective side of the field. He and other "Air Raiders" do this so they can double the reps they get from one side of the field in practice.

The biggest change in the offense is all the downhill running. Holgo is using a shotgun offset "I" formation and even a "diamond" formation which features three running backs. In the diamond formation, two backs are split next to the shotgun quarterback with an "I" behind the quarterback. The benefit of this formation is that it has no presnap strength, there is no tip to where the offense may be going.

By using this downhill running, Holgerson has developed a lethal play-action passing game that past Air Raiders never had. Mike Leach had one play-action pass, the Y-Cross. Holgo runs the heck out of Y- Cross. Y - Cross is exactly what it sounds like. The Y receivers works across the field through the linebackers and winds up 22 yards deep on the opposite sideline. It works so well as a play-action because if the linebackers come up they Y receiver is wide open immediately.

http://www.collegefo....-raid-offense/

ok so basically what you've told us is you trust wikipedia and an air raid offense is a spread but a different type than an Urban Meyer spread. Wow! I would never have guessed!

never comes with any facts but attacks ones who do. Classy fellow are you.

you keep talking about facts and all I see are your opinions and poorly laid out arguments. Classy? You've been name calling too.

Pocket mobility isn't elusiveness you idiot.

Okay are you trolling? Just understand this doesn't make me mad, I think it's funny how dumb you are. It's okay. If you can elude pressure and avoid pressure by means of being mobile or stepping up into or out of the pocket, you can be considered elusive and you can be considered as having pocket mobility. Ala Rodgers and Vick. Should I break it down even more or is Barney style good for you?
Kennesaw77 likes this

This type of response is what I expect from someone who can do his own battles like a man and never comes with any facts but attacks ones who do. Classy fellow are you.

Classy? You just called me *************. I have been using fact but you just get mad and disregard anything input I have. Don't ever mention classy you hypocrite.

Edit: I shouldn't say fact, but through my coaching experience I have based strong opinions on the matter.

Kennesaw77 likes this

you keep talking about facts and all I see are your opinions and poorly laid out arguments. Classy? You've been name calling too.

nope, I posted stats, film, on top of opinion. You just given nothing but opinions. As terrible as you are, I respect you a tad, you are somewhat professional and somewhat a respectful person. We just do not see eye to eye and that's fine.

Classy? You just called me *************. I have been using fact but you just get mad and disregard anything input I have. Don't ever mention classy you hypocrite.

You are a stupid mfer, I meant it too. Classy, I know I am not classy but while your at it, tell your lover to give some daps around my way since it seems you two got a thing going on.

Okay are you trolling? Just understand this doesn't make me mad, I think it's funny how dumb you are. It's okay. If you can elude pressure and avoid pressure by means of being mobile or stepping up into or out of the pocket, you can be considered elusive and you can be considered as having pocket mobility. Ala Rodgers and Vick. Should I break it down even more or is Barney style good for you?

Elusiveness as a term is used when you are outside of the pocket and always has been in the scouting community. Once again, it goes over your head.

nope, I posted stats, film, on top of opinion. You just given nothing but opinions. As terrible as you are, I respect you a tad, you are somewhat professional and somewhat a respectful person. We just do not see eye to eye and that's fine.

stats? The only stats you posted was no 4th quarter interceptions when quite a bit of the time he didn't even need to throw in the 4th.

Film? I wouldn't call a highlight tape and a few short .gif clips "film"

If you really knew what you were even looking for when you watched film and knew what you were talking about you would see the same things A-town, myself, and every person that gets paid actual money to cover the draft see- that Smith has big problems.

As terrible as I am? Please tell me you're a troll. Please.

stats? The only stats you posted was no 4th quarter interceptions when quite a bit of the time he didn't even need to throw in the 4th.

Film? I wouldn't call a highlight tape and a few short .gif clips "film"

If you really knew what you were even looking for when you watched film and knew what you were talking about you would see the same things A-town, myself, and every person that gets paid actual money to cover the draft see- that Smith has big problems.

As terrible as I am? Please tell me you're a troll. Please.

Numbers his Soph year. His pro style numbers. I posted links. You posted.... nothing but opinions. ummkay. You aren't that good Kennesaw, it's been that way for years. I kinda like you too. You are opinionated, entertaining, just you usually are wrong. I don't hate you. I do not even hate A-Town, I just think he is stupid and a big lie. He is really coming at me for my opinions on Ryan on TATF. This isn't TATF. I create this thread on sites they have nothing to do with the Falcons.

You use the word troll freely when doing a poor job of explaining yourself.

you two got a thing going on.

LMAO yeah because we both know you're an idiot and A-town is one of the best posters I've read since joining the board. Really mature to talk about being gay. What are you 13?

Elusiveness as a term is used when you are outside of the pocket and always has been in the scouting community.

link?

oh and by the way what do you do for a living?

Numbers his Soph year. His pro style numbers. I posted links. You posted.... nothing but opinions. ummkay.

I have asked repeatedly for you to show me film of him in a pro style offense under center. You have failed to do so. Even an article talking about him playing in a pro style would be acceptable. You have posted neither.

There is a big difference between elusiveness and being elusive in the pocket. You don't seem to grasp that.

Example- Tony Romo is great in the pocket. His pocket elusiveness, along with Big Ben's is the best. Neither are great runners outside the pocket and would never be described as "elusive outside the pocket"

Romo:

Elusive and instinctive in the pocket- http://www.dallascowboys.com/team/roster/tony-romo/172ae69b-87c1-49f5-a2e6-5ed85b6d5dfc/

he's an elusive quarterback in the pocket- http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=7266684〈=ES&wjb=

The game featured perhaps the two most elusive quarterbacks in the pocket in Ben Roethlisberger and

Tony Romo.- http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-JonathanAuping/Division-Rundown-Three-Way-Tie-With-Two-Games-Remaining-/1932157e-226f-4b06-9d25-1b5a18ad998c

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-10-11/sports/bal-tony-romos-elusiveness-reminds-ravens-of-ben-roethlisberger-20121011_1_dean-pees-tony-romo-ben-roethlisberger

LMAO yeah because we both know you're an idiot and A-town is one of the best posters I've read since joining the board. Really mature to talk about being gay. What are you 13?

Best posters? If you agree with someone that an idiot and you are an idiot, I can see that. I tend to agree with Bill Parcells. I guess Bill is a troll. I tend to love Aaron Rodgers, RG3, Cam, Brees, and Brady. That's means I like talented QB's but you are a troll if you like those guys and you do not think some less talented QB's are greats.

I didn't call you gay. But if you think you and A-town are a little funny, I can see it.

link?

oh and by the way what do you do for a living?

I posted this in the 2011 thread and numerous times on the board. Go use search you bum.

#1 pick, quit getting personal, quit getting butt hurt, I understand we don't agree and we don't have to, but lets get back to the actual scouting process and not the terminology because that obviously doesn't bode well with you.

We brought up his negatives and you brought up terminology.

Kennesaw77 likes this

I have asked repeatedly for you to show me film of him in a pro style offense under center. You have failed to do so. Even an article talking about him playing in a pro style would be acceptable. You have posted neither.

I don't have access to the footage right now or else I would. Here is the best example:

geno2.gif

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/12/21/3790082/geno-smith-nfl-draft-chiefs-no-1-pick

#1 pick, quit getting personal, quit getting butt hurt, I understand we don't agree and we don't have to, but lets get back to the actual scouting process and not the terminology because that obviously doesn't bode well with you.

We brought up his negatives and you brought up terminology.

You come in here, you personally attack, I attack back with your buddy and now I am butt-hurt? I call you classy fellow for a reason.

Best posters? If you agree with someone that an idiot and you are an idiot, I can see that. I tend to agree with Bill Parcells. I guess Bill is a troll. I tend to love Aaron Rodgers, RG3, Cam, Brees, and Brady. That's means I like talented QB's but you are a troll if you like those guys and you do not think some less talented QB's are greats.

I didn't call you gay. But if you think you and A-town are a little funny, I can see it.

You've not posted any quotes from Parcells.

The only QB's you've said you like up to this point is Cam Newton, Geno Smith, and Tom Brady.

You asked if we had a thing going. Don't back down. Be a man and own up to your words.

I posted this in the 2011 thread and numerous times on the board. Go use search you bum.

and what should I use to search for it then? You could stop being difficult and post it unless oh wait you have no proof and you're embarrassed about what you do for a living.

Back to the topic, Geno Smith and Tyler Wilson top 10 grades. Geno closely resembles Sam Bradford and Tom Brady. While he is not as good as Brady, he has some traits of Brady.

Wilson resembles out of college AR12. The issue is, AR12 went to the perfect place where he had to sit behind a NFL legend. Wilson might not be as lucky.

You've not posted any quotes from Parcells.

The only QB's you've said you like up to this point is Cam Newton, Geno Smith, and Tom Brady.

You asked if we had a thing going. Don't back down. Be a man and own up to your words.

2011 thread explained a lot. I went into detail about the type of QB's like and what not.