Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#1 pick™

Quarterbacks In The 2013 Nfl Draft

480 posts in this topic

Look at the defenses he played:

Marshall: 102nd in total defense

James Madison: not FBS

Maryland: 20th in total defense

Baylor: 119th in total defense

Texas: 75th in total defense

Texas Tech: 56th in total defense

Kansas St.: 43nd in total D

TCU: 18th in total D

Oklahoma St.: 82nd in total D

Oklahoma: 44th in total D

Iowa St: 98th in total D

Kansas: 113th in total D

Average of: 70th

I was just about to post this. He has played high school defenses, nothing special. So his lack of OL shouldn't even be an excuse. I like Geno too, he does a lot of things right, but I can't compare him to any QBs in the top 10 like he has.
Kennesaw77 likes this

None of us are experts but like A-town said you need to learn these terms and what they actually mean instead of just making it up as you go along.

You're mixing up footwork and pocket presence and awareness. He can elude defenders, but footwork is mainly dealing with how he drops and sets his feet, or steps up into the pocket. Footwork plays a lot into how well a ball is delivered, hence why throwing a ball off your back foot is not good for the ball delivery. His footwork is a major concern, his pocket awareness is not.

You need to learn some of this. Don't try to explain this to me, I coach football, and scout, you're just trying to pull these terms and meanings out of your ***.

Okay Geno has a weak OL, sure, but it doesn't matter when you play against teams that aren't noted for their pass rush. His WRs are very good, he has two great options which will be drafted early on.

Re-read what I said, I said he has a problem leading them on, and at times throws to where they are, not where they are going to be. Oh wow one clip, cool I can show a clip of me making a pass like that, doesn't mean I am a pro QB. Plus his WR that you think is just a "scat" WR, if that's even a term, just beat double coverage.

I'm pretty positive I know what system QB means, and Geno is one of them, if you don't understand why then please look it up because you have no idea what you're saying. He can develop into a pro passer, but now he is a SYSTEM QB in a SPREAD system, not a pro system, he bases his throws off of his 1st read, and quick routes, and occasionally he will throw to his 2nd option. He stares down his first read because that's what he is used to doing, going right to his first option.

He does not have pinpoint accuracy, sorry. His accuracy is improving, but not pinpoint. Sorry.

I did mix up pocket presence with footwork in the explanation but in terms of grading, I was 100% on point. When you are doing four projects and replying to you guys, things happens.

You are now mixing up footwork with technique. He does need work on his technique like every QB who plays in spread or Air Raid offense. Throwing the ball on your back-foot is TECHNIQUE, not footwork.

Scout what? Internet scout like the other poster we had here. I forgot that kids name. He had a little blog site and had in depth info. He had good ideas but he just doesn't understand greatness. That's what separates the good from the great. Dude, you can give opinions but when you try to belittle and say sh*t your a** can't cash, I will call you out for it.

Bailey and Austin are very talented and good WR's. I like Bailey more than most. He remains me of Antonio Brown. Austin is different. Complete football player but isn't elite at anything WR wise till he has the football in his hands. I don't know how that will work in the NFL. I hope he has a great QB is specializes in the short to intermediate range.

Geno isn't a system QB. Geno line was Sun Belt quality in the Big XII.

If that throw was just a tad off, that's a pick 6. Being that OU picked two of his previous throws, the fact that he was willing to take the risk says a lot. You are so off on his reads. So off. He is good at going through his progressions. Not very good or elite like Luck but good. Better than guys like Stafford, Flacco, Newton, and RG3 in college.

He has pinpoint accuracy. That should be obiovious to anyone watching his film then again you said he struggles at passing beyond 15 yards when stats say you are 100% wrong.

Vince Young was terrible with footwork and he had great elusiveness. You fail yet again.

Vince Young had terrible footwork, pocket presence, and technique. Where did you see me address him previously? You are an idiot. Major idiot. elusiveness is completely different than footwork you idiot. Tom Brady has terrible elusiveness and has the best footwork in the NFL. smh. VY had decent pocket awareness, he generally felt the pass rush and reacted it it.

Footwork is technique dumbass

Idiot, no it's not.

Matt Ryan has below average footwork but his technique is very good. Have you always been this stupid?

Look at the defenses he played:

Marshall: 102nd in total defense

James Madison: not FBS

Maryland: 20th in total defense

Baylor: 119th in total defense

Texas: 75th in total defense

Texas Tech: 56th in total defense

Kansas St.: 43nd in total D

TCU: 18th in total D

Oklahoma St.: 82nd in total D

Oklahoma: 44th in total D

Iowa St: 98th in total D

Kansas: 113th in total D

Average of: 70th

Look at the conference these teams play in as well. You can't say it's bad defense. Look at the impact players from this conference on D like Von Miller, Aldon Smith, etc in recent years.

Idiot, no it's not.

Matt Ryan has below average footwork but his technique is very good. Have you always been this stupid?

Footwork is a part of technique.

Have you always gotten so upset when you're wrong or is this insecurity new?

Look at the conference these teams play in as well. You can't say it's bad defense. Look at the impact players from this conference on D like Von Miller, Aldon Smith, etc in recent years.

The average is 70th rank, yeah that's garbage defense. Okay and Barry Sanders came from Ok St. Doesn't mean anything now, the defenses suck NOW. Terrible argument
Kennesaw77 likes this

Individual players have nothing to do with the defenses as a whole.

You said elusiveness translated to footwork. What a fail.

It's literally like he is trying to be as wrong as possible at this point.

Idiot, no it's not.

Anything that affects the throwing motion and delivery is considered mechanics. Footwork, release point, arm mechanics, throwing motion, etc.

You said elusiveness translated to footwork. What a fail.

If you generally have great pocket mobility, it's a lock that you will have great drops. They go hand and hand. Look at DD drops, in college, he rarely made them, the NFL he is good at them. Look at RG3. You are overthinking this by a mile.

You are such an idiot.

A-Town, this is for your stupidass

Bill Stewart ran a pro style set and like the pros, you'll see a lot of shotgun reads. Luck did the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_St...ican_football)

As well, the Air Raid system that Holgerson runs is not a "spread" system like Stoops and Meyer runs. It utilizes a lot of mulitple read pro routes.

Quote: Coach Holgo has kept the no huddle aspect and the practice routine the same, which he says is the most important part of the offense. He also always keeps his "Y" receiver (tight end) to the right of the formation and the "X" receiver (split end) to the left. Those two never leave their respective side of the field. He and other "Air Raiders" do this so they can double the reps they get from one side of the field in practice.

The biggest change in the offense is all the downhill running. Holgo is using a shotgun offset "I" formation and even a "diamond" formation which features three running backs. In the diamond formation, two backs are split next to the shotgun quarterback with an "I" behind the quarterback. The benefit of this formation is that it has no presnap strength, there is no tip to where the offense may be going.

By using this downhill running, Holgerson has developed a lethal play-action passing game that past Air Raiders never had. Mike Leach had one play-action pass, the Y-Cross. Holgo runs the heck out of Y- Cross. Y - Cross is exactly what it sounds like. The Y receivers works across the field through the linebackers and winds up 22 yards deep on the opposite sideline. It works so well as a play-action because if the linebackers come up they Y receiver is wide open immediately.

http://www.collegefootballgeek.com/i...-raid-offense/

So look at Texas A&M. Conferences matters.

Texas A&M isn't even in that conference so why even bring up these old players and teams that Geno didn't play this year. It has no bearing on what we are discussing. Talk about irrelevant.

Gosh D*mn you are stupid a-town. You are really one stupid motherf**ker.

Aw poor girl. Go pick up some midol, you'll feel better. You call me dumb when your argument fails. It's okay you'll understand football some day.
Kennesaw77 likes this