Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#1 pick™

Quarterbacks In The 2013 Nfl Draft

480 posts in this topic

1. Geno Smith- Top 10 NFL Comparison: Tom Brady

2. Tyler Wilson- Top 10 NFL Comparison: Aaron Rodgers directly out of Cal.

3. Mike Glennon- Mid to late 1st NFL Comparison: Joe Flacco

4. Ryan Nassib- 2nd Round NFL Comparison: More athletic Jay Cutler lite.

5. Aaron Murray- 2nd Round NFL Comparison: Drew Brees *SLEEPER*

6t. E.J. Manuel- 2nd Round NFL Comparison: Rich Man's Jason Campbell

6t. Matt Barkley- 2nd Round NFL Comparison: Rich Man's Matt Cassell

8. Landry Jones- 3rd Round NFL Comparison: Rex Grossman

9. Tyler Bray- 3rd Round NFL Comparison: Ryan Mallet lite

10. Zac Dysert- 3rd Round NFL Comparison: Poor man's Big Ben

This is my top 10. This might be the most talented QB class yet just in pure NFL passing skills. Most of these QB's are raw. Only Smith, Barkley, and Glennon are NFL ready and I do not think Barkley is that good of a NFL prospect so being NFL ready doesn't mean much if the talent is not great. This is the best pure passing class in five years but the impact of this class isn't expected to show for a couple of years.

Geno is the best prospect bar none. He has the best passing ability I've seen out of college ever. His accuracy, selection of throws, pocket awareness, and pocket footwork is extremely good. While I felt Andrew Luck was more consistent in terms of drops, I see the quickness in Smith's feet which is similar to Tom Brady. His accuracy, ability to deliver the ball in the right spot, quick trait to subconsciously find the open man is 2nd to none.

While Andrew Luck received the best praise of going through progressions since Peyton, Geno pure instincts of passing is the best I've seen in a college QB ever and can peak at Tom Brady's level. It wouldn't surprise me to see him shatter records as a rookie. He is the best pure passer to ever enter the draft. He does have flaws. He isn't physically elite at nothing. His Football IQ is very good but isn't elite like Luck's or Russell Wilson's. His accuracy is not particular elite in any facet of the game. His athleticism is good but not very good or elite. He is very tough to tackle or even touch due to his pocket awareness, footwork, and his ability to evade tackles. Honestly, the man is just one **** of a QB. While I wouldn't rate him ahead of Cam, Luck, or RG3 I would say he can be a better NFL player than any of them and is the next level of Tom Brady like RG3 is the next level of Michael Vick.

Wilson is extremely talented. Not much he can't do talent wise. His issue is Football skills. His Football skill is kind of low. Like really low. He isn't much of a great passer. While he can make every throw and he is very mobile, his Football skill is lacking. His understanding of the game seems off. It's like watching Demar Derozan at USC in Basketball, JaMarcus Russell at LSU, or Aaron Rodgers at Cal. You see the great talent but he needs to put it all together or he will suck. He has very poor mechanics from the lower 3rd, and it's beyond terrible too. His Football instincts to move is excellent but his consistency, understanding, and QB readiness is very low. I will say this, his talent level is amazing. He is extremely talented and will go high for that alone.

Glennon is like Joe Flacco. He might a tad better out of college as well but not by much. If you like Flacco, you will like Glennon. Not much difference.

2011- http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3907478-quarterbacks-in-the-2011-nfl-draft/

2012- http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3933081-quarterbacks-in-the-2012-nfl-draft/

Yeah, this was a nice read. Who do you think are the most pro-ready quarterbacks? The ones who can come in ASAP and be at least serviceable like Tannehill.

I really like Geno but it seems that he doesn't get much love from draft guys.

He's far from as perfect as Hollywood thinks.

Rai likes this

Yea mel kiper said geno would go in the early to mid second round. I think he goes top 10.

I agree with you but that's more because of need than talent.

I personally think this draft class is really weak at QB, would you guys want to build a franchise around any of them? I wouldn't

I would with Smith, Glennon, and Wilson. Maybe Murray as well. I like this class a lot. Much better than presumed.

He's far from as perfect as Hollywood thinks.

I do not think he's perfect.

Yeah, this was a nice read. Who do you think are the most pro-ready quarterbacks? The ones who can come in ASAP and be at least serviceable like Tannehill.

Smith, Barkley, and Glennon are ready.

Wilson had ample potential, will he reach it just depends on his team.

Yea mel kiper said geno would go in the early to mid second round. I think he goes top 10.

Kiper is the same guy that had Landry Jones #4 best prospect this time last year and RG#24 and beginning of the year had Luck and Barkley as his top prospects and said RG3 was a 3rd round WR prospect. Kiper is an idiot. Let's not even mention his opinion on Cam Newton.

Out of curiousity...how many Geno Smith games have you watched?

Most of them and all of his plays from his games sans James Madison and Marshall.

Weak QB class. This is not the year to have a problem at the QB spot. So thankful for Ryan.

I am 99.99% sure we will not be drafting a QB.

I do not do number grades for QB's but one of my favorite QB prospects was Sam Bradford. I had him as a lock for superstardom and his development was stopped due to terrible line and passing weapons. Injuries to his star runningback didn't help. Bradford and Smith are somewhat similar in my viewpoint. Bradford was more accurate. Bradford pre-snap reads were better as is his progressions out of OU. Smith has the instincts that Bradford never has and he has a stronger arm with better velocity as well. Smith also has played under duress in WVU while Bradford had an amazing OL at OU. Both struggled to a degree with the out routes. Both have uncanny passing skills. Both can be superstars. I find them to be similar as well. I used to called Bradford the rich's man Matt Ryan but Ryan has Julio, Gonzo, and Roddy and Bradford as Amendola lol. The Rams needs some weapons and fast. So how Smith develops is largely on the team he goes to like it was for Bradford and Ryan. While I am higher on Luck, Newton, and RG3. I love what Smith has. He really has that Tom Brady rare instinct that almost no one has but Brady to that degree.

Most of them and all of his plays from his games sans James Madison and Marshall.

I am 99.99% sure we will not be drafting a QB.

No **** Sherlock

I don't get some of your "comparisons" actually. I don't see Flacco in Glennon. And Smith is like Brady ? ph34r.png

This overall QB class is weak. may end up with some very good QBs from it in time, but all are projects/have weaknesses, some quite significant ones at this point.

Teams in QB Search Mode are facing some serious issues with this QB class.

Kennesaw77 likes this

Murray might be better than most of these guys. I'm not being a homer either. Murray plays in a pro style offense. He has a pretty good arm as well. He's not a great runner but he can move. Maybe a little slower than Cutler. He's accurate and is very accurate on the run. The knocks on him is his height and footwork. Footwork is coachable though. I expect Murray's stock to rise much like Dalton a couple years ago.

Murray might be better than most of these guys. I'm not being a homer either. Murray plays in a pro style offense. He has a pretty good arm as well. He's not a great runner but he can move. Maybe a little slower than Cutler. He's accurate and is very accurate on the run. The knocks on him is his height and footwork. Footwork is coachable though. I expect Murray's stock to rise much like Dalton a couple years ago.

I really think Murray isn't a pro style QB. I felt he would be better in a spread offense. Even as a pro style, he is still has a 2nd round grade from me but he can be special in the right type of offense.

I don't get some of your "comparisons" actually. I don't see Flacco in Glennon. And Smith is like Brady ? ph34r.png

This overall QB class is weak. may end up with some very good QBs from it in time, but all are projects/have weaknesses, some quite significant ones at this point.

Teams in QB Search Mode are facing some serious issues with this QB class.

Glennon and Flacco are very similar at the same stage in terms of skill-set. Flacco might have a slightly bigger arm.

Smith potential can be Brady's. He might be one of the pure passing prospects to enter and is as talented as Bradford when he entered.

I love this class. I do not understand why some say this class is weak when it's very strong and I disagree with that statement. Glennon and Smith would be great gets for teams. In fact Barkley would be a decent gab as well.

He might be one of the pure passing prospects to enter.

I love this class. I do not understand why some say this class is weak when it's very strong and I disagree with that statement. Glennon and Smith would be great gets for teams. In fact Barkley would be a decent gab as well.

What guy is pretty much a guaranteed success like an Andrew Luck? No one.

All these guys have huge negatives.

This class is way too weak. There might be decent starters, but there isn't going to be an RGIII, Luck, Wilson, or Matt Ryan type player in this draft.

Smith is a better prospect than Ryan and it's not even that close.

Ryan and Wilson are close. Ryan being NFL ready and very intelligent while Wilson has extreme talent but is very raw.

I do not see a Newton, RG3, or Luck but those are extremely rare talents. Once in a generation type. Smith and Wilson can get to that level if they reach their potential.

What guy is pretty much a guaranteed success like an Andrew Luck? No one.

All these guys have huge negatives.

I don't even think Luck is a guaranteed success. He just has amazing talent and tools.

I do not see huge negatives most of my 1st round guys. Wilson to a degree but he has an extremely high ceiling.

I do not see huge negatives most of my 1st round guys.

Well that's your opinion but everyone else in the world sees the huge negatives.

Well that's your opinion but everyone else in the world sees the huge negatives.

Who is everyone else in the world?

Why should I care what someone else thinks when I completely disagree and they do not give any type of feedback to why they disagree?