Shaking My Head At Our Fans.

DrunkOffFalcohol

I really cant believe that we are expressing concern over the seahawks and redskins and whoever else in the playoffs. Personally I'm not worried about any team in the play offs, the falcons are a proven winners, if those teams were really better than us they would have the number one seed. I mean how in the h£ll are we scared of teams and expect to go out and win??? Roddy just said we're not afraid of anyone anymore! A lot of you really need to stay away from the media because the are the biggest bandwagoners in sports. They say stuff and some of you just absorb it in and believe every word and idea. The fans have the biggest identity crisis, not the team.

Edited by Ziggy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Decoud did say he was worried about the Packers on NFL AM. I was a little surprised to hear him say that.

Yea, I thought about it too, but if i was put in the position i would have given another team props too. If he would have said no one or we are the scariest team, we would have been in for a media ranting about how good we say we are.

Decoud did say he was worried about the Packers on NFL AM. I was a little surprised to hear him say that.

Out of Context. The question was which team in NFC would be the toughest matchup for Falcons. He said Packers because Aaron Rodgers was playing lights out. Nothing to suggest he was worried but just giving props to Packers as the best opponent.

I really cant believe that we are expressing concern over the seahawks and redskins and whoever else in the playoffs. Personally I'm not worried about any team in the play offs, the falcons are a proven winners, if those teams were really better than us they would have the number one seed. I mean how in the h£ll are we scared of teams and expect to go out and win??? Roddy just said we're not afraid of anyone anymore! A lot of you really need to stay away from the media because the are the biggest bandwagoners in sports. They say stuff and some of you just absorb it in and believe every word and idea. The fans have the biggest identity crisis, not the team.

Usually when Roddy speaks the foulcons lose

We must be watching a different team. The FALCONS don't lose often and when they do it has nothing to do with Roddy being himself. He called out Cruz and look how that turned out

THANK YOU! Roddy has been talking all year. He talks before and after every game and look how good we have played. Also he said we will get the saints back and we did just that.

After all we've been through over the years, it's expected.

I like our team this year much more than last year and more than 2010. Last year's team was out of sync all throughout the year because we could never figure out who we were. 2010's team wasn't ready for the pressure that came with that position. Even with that, we were one bad play before halftime away from being right there. Shoot, we were up 14-7 with the dome rocking and just couldn't get off the field. The secondary wasn't there, nor the scheme.

This year we know who we are on offense and defense. Our coordinators are better prepared to design a gameplan to take this team as far as the on-field execution will take us. I like our chances this year, regardless of the matchups that come to the dome.

Really? Where are the rules on how other fans should feel? If you're worried, to me you're just being concerned (sometimes overly yes) about your team and you care how things turn out for them. If you're not worried (and sometimes overconfident), you just have more faith that things will turn out okay. No big deal either way. I sometimes believe there are too many fans playing "fan cop" in today's game. Too quick to say you all this and you all shouldn't that. That's so old. For me I like talking to fans of my team and that's why I visit this site, but outside of that I could care less what the next fan is thinking, showing up late, not cheering loud enough, has season tics or not, been a fan for blah blah years, or whatever. All I need is the score...did we win today? Cool. The end.

Edited by The Vent King

To me, it's just funner when I feel like the Falcons are going to succeed.

Now...that being said....I can't control whether I feel that way or not.

In 2010....I was....."Well, we are the #1, but we've overachieved and there is a good chance we'll lose".

Last year I was "Well, we are in the dance, you never know...that's why the play the game".

This year I sincerely think the Falcons are going to beat opponents soundly in the post season.

The reason for my optimisim is easily identifiable. The Falcons have played their very best football in the biggest games this year.

While many of the traits of this team maybe similiar to previous years, I think that one is new.

Yep

The NFC team with the worst qualifying record has one the last 2 Super Bowls. Can't take anyone lightly.

Think it has less to do with taking people lightly, and more of some of the fan base, hiding under their bed from the big bad Seahawks, or the Might Packers. 5 years as a winning franchise, two division titles, and 4 playoff berths with three in a row, should count for something. Yes, the 0-3 playoff cycle has to be factored in, but it seems the media and a certain contingency of fans are so ABSOLUTELY focused on that, that they are quick to discredit ANYTHING the Falcons do. Such as when the Falcons beat the Giants, it immediately shifted for some from "They'll never beat the Giants" to..."Maybe the Giants aren't that good" or "What's wrong with Eli"...etc etc.

Think it has less to do with taking people lightly, and more of some of the fan base, hiding under their bed from the big bad Seahawks, or the Might Packers. 5 years as a winning franchise, two division titles, and 4 playoff berths with three in a row, should count for something. Yes, the 0-3 playoff cycle has to be factored in, but it seems the media and a certain contingency of fans are so ABSOLUTELY focused on that, that they are quick to discredit ANYTHING the Falcons do. Such as when the Falcons beat the Giants, it immediately shifted for some from "They'll never beat the Giants" to..."Maybe the Giants aren't that good" or "What's wrong with Eli"...etc etc.

It's sad, but the Falcons went into this season knowing they couldn't make believers out of people until the playoffs. Seahawks and Redskins could much more easily surprise, Packers too after their slow start.