Thanksgiving Games

Falconsfan567

The NBA really does Christmas day right. They fit 5 national TV games into Christmas day. Now I understand that NBA games only take 2 hours to play where as NFL games take 3 hours to play. But the NFL could fit 4 games into Thanksgiving. The first Thanksgiving game starts at 12:30 EST. Just back that up 30 minutes to 12:00 EST and then bang have games at 12, 3, 6 and 9. The NFL can't say that starting a game at 9 pm EST is wrong because they did it for years with MNF. It would be cool to have 4 games on Thanksgiving. It would also be cool to get the Cowboys an Lions off of Thanksgiving.

I get you. I just think its more about our families and then their families. The NFL is its own monster not even talking about game length. The NBA doesn't even hold a hair to what it takes to produce an NFL game. Which goes back to the question. Why on earth are NBA and MLB teams allowed to build off of money alone? Imagine how many championships Atlanta would have if the Yankmeoffs couldn't just buy their trophys.

I am a Hawk fan first , a Heat fan second. I am still a Heat fan. Its nice to be dominant.

The biggest issue is team schedules. Adding Thursday teams would throw off the league's weekly schedule. Teams can only play on thurs, mon night so many times to not screw them over. Look at baltimore's first four games. They played those in like 18 days or some crazy sh1t like that.

If you add thanksgiving teams that's the type of sh1t you'd have to deal with.

Edited by Dominique is Manufique

The biggest issue is team schedules. Adding Thursday teams would throw off the league's weekly schedule. Teams can only play on thurs, mon night so many times to not screw them over. Look at baltimore's first four games. They played those in like 18 days or some crazy sh1t like that.

If you add thanksgiving teams that's the type of sh1t you'd have to deal with.

Not if the NFL would get with the program of giving team's their bye week before having them play a TNF game. I don't know how hard it is for the NFL to understand how much sense that makes.

The solution to Thursday games is to eliminate them. I love football but Thursday night games are just not good for schedules and the teams involved. The only Thursday games should be Thanksgiving day and they should also spare us the agony of watching the Detroit Loins every year. Just because something is 'tradition' doesn't make it special. A new tradition worth watching would be something like a rematch of the previous SuperBowl...I don't know...something besides the Who Cares Game Of The Year From Stinktown Michigan.

The solution to Thursday games is to eliminate them. I love football but Thursday night games are just not good for schedules and the teams involved. The only Thursday games should be Thanksgiving day and they should also spare us the agony of watching the Detroit Loins every year. Just because something is 'tradition' doesn't make it special. A new tradition worth watching would be something like a rematch of the previous SuperBowl...I don't know...something besides the Who Cares Game Of The Year From Stinktown Michigan.

I don't understand why giving them's their bye week before having them play a TNF game isn't being done. The teams would have plenty of rest before and after the games.

I don't understand why giving them's their bye week before having them play a TNF game isn't being done. The teams would have plenty of rest before and after the games.

because ultimately you would end up with teams having to take their bye in the first few weeks of the season and the last few weeks of the season, which isn't really fair. Simple really.

because ultimately you would end up with teams having to take their bye in the first few weeks of the season and the last few weeks of the season, which isn't really fair. Simple really.

And this makes sense too. A bye week does no one any good in week 2, and gives a huge advantage to other teams in week 15. So you'd always have teams protesting the fairness of it.

Like I said...I think getting rid of them makes the most sense.

Whereas I am the opposite; I wish there were NFL games every night. Teams would have opening week instead of opening day. If your team played on Monday night in opening week, it would play on Tuesday night in week 2, play on Wednesday night in week 3, etc. That gives the players an extra rest day, gives the coaches an extra day to game plan, lengthens the season, and gives me football every night of the week. We would still have 3 games on Sunday, too.

You don't have to have TNF game every single week of the season. Maybe just the opening game of the season like they've done for years and then have TNF from week 4 or 5 until week 11 or 12 of the season.

You don't have to have TNF game every single week of the season. Maybe just the opening game of the season like they've done for years and then have TNF from week 4 or 5 until week 11 or 12 of the season.

then you either have multiple games a few Thursdays or you have a few teams that don't play on Thursday. The former will never happen and the later is entirely unfair.

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

I get you. I just think its more about our families and then their families. The NFL is its own monster not even talking about game length. The NBA doesn't even hold a hair to what it takes to produce an NFL game. Which goes back to the question. Why on earth are NBA and MLB teams allowed to build off of money alone? Imagine how many championships Atlanta would have if the Yankmeoffs couldn't just buy their trophys.

I am a Hawk fan first , a Heat fan second. I am still a Heat fan. Its nice to be dominant.

One of the reasons those MLB and nba are more corrupt. I wish I could love watching the braves and hawks as much as they falcons. But knowing that fact really ruins it for me.

Not every team deserves to get a TNF game just like not every team deserves to get a SNF game and a MNF game and a Pro Bowl player.

No team deserves to get a Thursday night game IMO. Playing on Thursday is nothing like playing on Sunday Night or Monday. The NFL might try to bill it as another primetime game but teams would prefer not to have to play on Thursday at all. How is making the good teams play on Thursday night fair? Thursday night games are a terrible inconvenience for both coaches and players, the NFL made Thursday night games requirement for every team for a reason, it is simply not fair for some teams to have to play on Thursdays and others to get a pass.