We Really Need A De Or Monster Dt.

Oh4Real?!

I'm just thinking about Matt Stafford throwing the ball almost 60 times vs us and we had NO SACKS. That's right... ZERO.

Who would you guys like to see us pick up FA or in the draft?

I've been looking at tape of this kid Dion Jordan. Athletically, he's a freak. Kind of reminds me of JPP physique wise when he was in college.

Edited by Oh4Real?!

Dion Jordan is going to be a riser and won't be available when we're OTC at the tail end of the 1st.

I'm starting to think Margus Hunt and Falcons are going to become a popular pairing -- assuming we re-sign Baker. Otherwise an OT will be the mocked pick.

Hunt is a natural LDE -- stout vs the run and strong rushing the passer. He has a lot of upside and a high motor, and LDE has been a real weak spot for us since Pat K left town. Biermann is best utilized as a swingman player -- both DE spots, some strongside LB, etc -- but not as a starter on the D line. He makes sense as a 3rd down sub in for Hunt, or Hunt moves into DT next to Babs. Or Biermann is the SLB and blitzes and Spoon and Nicholas drop into coverage.

Hunt absolutely wrecked his bowl game and showed very impressive closing burst on RBs for TFLs and the QB for sacks.

After the combine I doubt Ansah will be there but, if he is I would love to draft him.

He has all the potential in the world, is a very quick learner, very teachable.

Like Hunt he is a LDE

A lot of people are gonna complain that we don't need any more projects, that somehow in their minds drafting a couple 5th to 7th rd picks that haven't developed is reason enough to not draft a player who many believe will be a great DE in the 1st

If you look at past Nolan defenses he always had long big DTs who could play 34 DE as well. Richard Hamilton, randy Starks and others come to mind. He usually had stout pure NTs as well.

I'd expect we'll add some size this year

Nolan was scouting NTs hard last year, but was ultimately overruled it seems. If a good one falls to our first, I doubt we'd pass him up.

At the same time.. I'm watching him play against competition that's not as good. Where is he projected?

Going into that game, Hunt was projected as a late 4th rounder by most. He'd been pretty disappointing this season. He'll probably be projected as a late 2nd or mid 3rd after that game. A lot of that was Fresno State's terrible Oline play. Scouts are going to want to see him do that again at the Senior bowl before they jump completely on the bandwagon.