Justin Tuck?

BleedBlack&Red

Not so sure Johnson would cost us much more than Edwards did.

I commented on Tuck being expensive. I am not so sure paying 5 M for a Johnson with 21 sacks in 4 years. He has 9.5 sacks this year but might be risky if he is a one year wonder and might end up with another Ray Edwards.

Edited by falcons007

Michael Johnson would be ideal, but I don't think the Bengals let him go. He's really starting to grow into his body and becoming a force. They'll want to keep that Geno-MJ pairing. If anyone remembers he was a skinny twig coming out of GT some years ago. Nolan would unleash a beast with him.

I like Tuck's fit here a lot. Stay out of the elements, play LDE in base sets and slide into DT like he does in NY next to Babs and let Biermann or a DE we draft early come in at LDE. Abe, Babs, Tuck, Biermann is a nice pass rushing foursome. A new team and fire to prove his doubters wrong could be exactly what Tuck needs.

Osi is horrible vs. the run -- whatever we gain in pass rush our run D becomes that much worse.

Cameron Wake -- this would actually also be ideal, as Nolan would know exactly how to use him. He'd be a terror at LDE, but he'd cost a fortune. I don't think the Dolphins will let him go, but they'll likely have to choose between him and Long and they did just give up Vontae Davis so you never know.

Tuck offers the most versatility, but if we can sign Glenn Dorsey on a cheap deal (we should be able to, he wants to come here and he's a perfect fit for our defense) then we only need a DE.

Also depends if we sign a TE in free agency. If we can get a Jared Cook or Martellus Bennett on a short deal it would free up our 1st rounder for a DE. If Mingo or Jordan fall, I'd imagine we'd snag them. There will be Alex Okafor who was once a Top 10 prospect, same with Sam Montgomery from LSU. I like Margus Hunt's fit with our team, he'd be a rock at LDE for us. He reminds me of a slightly lighter JJ Watt. He's 6'7 280 lbs.

12/06/12 - The No. 1 player on the "Freak List: The 10 craziest athletes in college football" is coming to the Senior Bowl, game officials announced via Twitter today. SMU defensive end Margus Hunt (6-foot-7, 288 pounds) has accepted an invitation to play in the all-star game on Jan. 26 at Ladd-Peebles Stadium in Mobile. The "Freak List" is an annual selection made by Bruce Feldman for CBSsports.com. Feldman said Hunt, who topped the 2012 list, "sounds like a Playstation football creation." Hunt is a native of Estonia and was the gold-medal winner in the shot put and discus in the 2006 World Junior Championships. He still holds the junior world record in the discus.

Hunt started playing football in 2009 at the recommendation of SMU's track coach. He blocked seven kicks that season. Hunt holds the NCAA record with 10 blocked field-goal attempts and is second all-time with 17 blocked kicks in his career.

Hunt is a three-year starter for the Mustangs and earned All-Conference USA recognition this season. In 2012, he has made 28 tackles, 8.5 tackles for loss and six sacks while blocking three kicks. Hunt becomes the second defensive end confirmed for the game, joining BYU's Ziggy Ansah. The Senior Bowl announced on Thursday that Ansah had accepted an invitation. - Mark Inabinett, Alabama Live