Playoff Ticket Question

AtlanticFit

This is the first year that I am going to be unable to go to the 1st playoff game as I have prior commitments. I have never sold playoff tickets in the past, so I don't really know how to gauge their value as opposed to regular season tickets.

My tickets are in Section 122 row 23. How much would these tickets go for in the playoffs? I would obviously expect more if we play someone like the 49ers or the Redskins. I've looked at a few on stub hub and they seem to be going for $300 - $450 a piece. I was thinking around $400 as I have sold regular season tickets in the past for that much. Thoughts?

Market price will be affected by the opponent. Dallas has a LOT more fans than Seattle in the southeast, thus the Cowboys coming to the Dome will generate a lot more demand.

I'm sec 133, and my divisional round ticket only cost me $11 more than my season ticket price. Not bad at all at $140. I think i could get $300 for it easy if DAL or WAS was coming to town.

This is the first year that I am going to be unable to go to the 1st playoff game as I have prior commitments. I have never sold playoff tickets in the past, so I don't really know how to gauge their value as opposed to regular season tickets.

My tickets are in Section 122 row 23. How much would these tickets go for in the playoffs? I would obviously expect more if we play someone like the 49ers or the Redskins. I've looked at a few on stub hub and they seem to be going for $300 - $450 a piece. I was thinking around $400 as I have sold regular season tickets in the past for that much. Thoughts?

So this is why our dome is always filled with other teams fans. If lived locally it would take alot more than a couple hundred bucks to get me out of my season ticket chair.

Especially for the playoffs

That is where you are wrong. IDK where this notion comes from that our stadium is "always filled with other teams fans". As a long time season ticket holder, I can tell you that this is flat out wrong. Depending on the team, the stadium is anywhere from 70% - 95% Falcons fans. When teams like the Packer, Cowboys, Steelers, and 49ers come to town, there tends to be a lot of opposing teams fans. But make no mistake, those people are still vastly out numbered by our own fans.

And believe me, I would love nothing more than to be there, but I can't. Siht happens, life gets in the way. And to most of us, there are a few things out there that are more important than football.

That is where you are wrong. IDK where this notion comes from that our stadium is "always filled with other teams fans". As a long time season ticket holder, I can tell you that this is flat out wrong. Depending on the team, the stadium is anywhere from 70% - 95% Falcons fans. When teams like the Packer, Cowboys, Steelers, and 49ers come to town, there tends to be a lot of opposing teams fans. But make no mistake, those people are still vastly out numbered by our own fans.

And believe me, I would love nothing more than to be there, but I can't. Siht happens, life gets in the way. And to most of us, there are a few things out there that are more important than football.

For the Giants game, it felt like it was a 70/30 split Falcons/Giants. About the same for the Raiders game. 30% opposing fans in our stadium is a HUGE number. You would never see that in Pittsburgh, New England, Philly, New York, etc... ESPECIALLY if their teams are 13-2. That's just crazy we have such a good team and the opposing fans EVER exceed 5-10% of the stadium.

Think about that for a second. 10% is over 7,000 opposing fans in our seats. Unacceptable.

Regardless of who we see in the playoffs, the opposing team will have lots of fans in the dome.

Seattle might not have all that many seeing as how 95% of their fans are unemployed parent-basement-dwelling welfare bums too stoned to find Atlanta, much less their seats. But if the Skins come here, are you kidding me? RGIII will bring the fairweather DC 'fans' out of the woodwork, all sporting their pretty little maroon jerseys with the price tags still attached. And when the Pack shows up they always somehow bring 10,000 wheezing sweaty brew-swilling brat-farters with them. (They're some great fans though, very classy NFL fans)

In Atlanta aka Transplant Town, that's just the way it is.

The poster is right. He never said to what degree, but opposing fans do help fill up the Dome and they do so because fans think about the extra dollar over the support of his favorite team. He could sell those tickets at face value to a Falcons fan. It's too many of us in Atlanta and on this message board for it to go unsold. I'd buy them, dammit, just to keep another freaking cheesehead or gnat Giants fan from getting it!!

I agree. We just can't seem to get our fans in there on time, so it looks like the opposing team has more fans there than they do. However, normally, there are a lot of Saints fans there. It was noticeably down this year. I don't think there were even half as many as usual.