Another Big Draft Day Trade Could It Happen?

THE ICEMAN

I like the idea of giving up a boat load for DE Jarvis Jones. But at the same time Julio turned out to be a "Franchise" type player and if Julio had simply been good (Torrey Smith) the trade may have been viewed differently than it is.

And I have to say Jarvis Jones will be good but will he be great? Wishful thinking because I don't think TD will do it if we win it all though. When he could Just sign Cameron Wake or Cliff Avirl

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of giving up a boat load for DE Jarvis Jones. But at the same time Julio turned out to be a "Franchise" type player and if Julio had simply been good (Torrey Smith) the trade may have been viewed differently than it is.

And I have to say Jarvis Jones will be good but will he be great? Wishful thinking because I don't think TD will do it if we win it all though. When he could Just sign Cameron Wake or Cliff Avirl

Funny you said that. I could see that possibility for a game changing Defensive player if TD and company were sold on that player. We have a lot of depth and nice depth on both Oline and D line. Same for wr. Maybe a 3rd round slot guy is needed. We don't have a ton of holes.

In the book "war room" TD is quoted unlike Belechik he has no problem rolling the dice for a home run hitter, if they come along. A lot depends on the combine, of course. Jarvis is studly, just not sure he is other wordly.

I'd rather trade up to middle of first and grab Olgetree--won't cost as much but I think he is gonna be a heckuva NFL player

A big trade up is okay once and awhile but too many of them can seriously hurt a franchise.

I agree, but TD and staff have done an excellent job at drafting and developing players. An example is McClain. Another is Vance Walker a 7th rounder, another is Kroy a 5th, another is Decoud a third, another is grimes (before TD) an UDFa....you get TE picture. When you get those type of contributions from lower picks, you WMD up being able to take a risk. Heck this year we still got an impact 2nd rounder sans first pick

I'm not being a smartie pants its just a lot of picks means a lot of players that won't sniff the team. Obviously we could hoard picks ala Belechik, but o be honest his own cleverness is becoming mental masturbation

I agree, but TD and staff have done an excellent job at drafting and developing players. An example is McClain. Another is Vance Walker a 7th rounder, another is Kroy a 5th, another is Decoud a third, another is grimes (before TD) an UDFa....you get TE picture. When you get those type of contributions from lower picks, you WMD up being able to take a risk. Heck this year we still got an impact 2nd rounder sans first pick

I'm not being a smartie pants its just a lot of picks means a lot of players that won't sniff the team. Obviously we could hoard picks ala Belechik, but o be honest his own cleverness is becoming mental masturbation

yuuuuuuuuup !!!

Not sure Jarvis makes sense as a 4-3 DE, he's more of a 3-4 OLB who rushes the QB.

As a Dawg fan, i loved watching him play. He will be a solid pro.

Not sure Jarvis makes sense as a 4-3 DE, he's more of a 3-4 OLB who rushes the QB.

As a Dawg fan, i loved watching him play. He will be a solid pro.

Bruce Irvin is about the same size and seemed more like a 3-4 OLB in college but he converted to 4-3 DE with Seattle and is playing very well with 7 sacks as a rookie.

But I think that trading up for Jones would be way more expensive than the Julio trade because Jarvis Jones can go 2nd overall so he might not be a possibility.

No depth at WR, TE, or RB.

Even if we traded say into to 12 to grab Olgetree...we'd still end up with picks similar to what we had in 2012. Maybe better, but it prolly will cost at least a second and next years first.worth it if the player we want is there.

We could easily add depth with last years picks. Running ack is easy to add 3rd and beyond. I doubt we add another 1st round wr (money wise) and we have been drafting Oline depth for 4 years

I just can't see it happening. Maybe jump a spot or two for Warmack or Teo. Td already said in an interview that 1st round DE have extreme potential as bust. I think we would actually stay put or trade back.

Don't get me wrong, I love Ogletree and Jones but not enough I think we should trade for them. We need serious depth on both sides of ball. Particularly the offense.

I just can't see it happening. Maybe jump a spot or two for Warmack or Teo. Td already said in an interview that 1st round DE have extreme potential as bust. I think we would actually stay put or trade back.

Don't get me wrong, I love Ogletree and Jones but not enough I think we should trade for them. We need serious depth on both sides of ball. Particularly the offense.

Teo probably will be a top 10 pick as well.