Mcclain Or Grimes?

THE ICEMAN

McClain or Grimes?

Who do we bring back both are URFA I believe?

I think Grimes even though coming off injuries he'll likely get a nice contract (3 years 18 mil?) McClain seems like when he's out there he's all over the field and is a sure tackler. And I think he can be a starter on the outside with some day.

So do you Spend that money on a guy like Grimes which is really a steal if he comes back healthy or take that money and get a TE,RB,DT.

Plus William Moore is set to get paid to.

Haven't crunched numbers or anything but Dunta is set to earn something like 10+ mil I don't know how much money it would save us if any to cut him and Dunta's been great for us this year but he's not a 10 mil a season CB. Point is if you could cut Dunta and Bring Grimes back might save us some money but I'd really like to see us some how keep all 3 Samual,Dunta and Grimes and Really McClain to

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobby Mac aint going nowhere.

This guy is one of the Major supprises in the NFL this year.

Out of Nowhere player of the year.

In Jan he was signed right in the middle of re-signing all the Falcon's PS and roster re-signs

I asked myself WHY I think somebody on the Falcon staff knew something about this guy.

You realize that Grimes signed a tender this year, right? He is still going to be looking for top notch dollars.

Grimes lost bargaining power with the injury and approaching 30. They can work out a decent contract that won't break the bank. All Grimes really wanted was a long term contract anyway. So give it to him. Asante says he's going to retire in 2 or 3 years and we still have McClain, Grimes, Owens, and whatever new blood they bring along. We keep a nice secondary.

Bring back McClain. Easy decision there. Cut Dunta. Easy decision there also. See if we can bring back Grimes for relatively cheap.

Thats what I was thinking thing is will you get the probowl Grimes for cheap or damaged goods

Its easy to look at Dunta's contract and say cut him but he's really played well it won't be easy to replace him if this indeed happens

Bring back McClain. Easy decision there. Cut Dunta. Easy decision there also. See if we can bring back Grimes for relatively cheap.

I don't think they cut Dunta just yet. He restructured last year and I think he'll do it again at his own request. He loves the team and the city and it's close to his home. I really think this core of db's want to stay together. I know Nolan loves them. With that we can really focus on the trenches which will make the secondary even better.

Oh man,,, no way we let a Hard Hitting Killer leave.

You know you love watching Dunta lay the wood to our opponents,

and "Don"t you deny it.

This core group of CB's is the best we have had in years.

Keep Grimes and Owens if we can and cut Franks.

Then draft a CB in the 5th (there abouts).

Like the QB's you need a guy on the PS like Davis that

you can have in the ranks so you can maintain the CB depth.

While Owens and Franks were dissapointing, I now have to

go back and recall their first year, where both players looked

to have promise (Growens) so what happened?

Owens is making some progress and so is Franks.

We got BVG'ed..

Now we have a Big Time DC...........Nolan.

and "Don"t you deny it.

We got BVG'ed..

Good post. Agree

and "Don"t you deny it.

We got BVG'ed..

Overall we're a pretty hard hitting defense and Nolan loves hitters. Spoon will light you up, so will Dent, Robinson, Moore, Samuel, Nicholas. Wr's play different once Dunta lays some wood on em

Optimally I'd love to have Dunta restructure, grimes come back cheap, and resign McClain

Grimes Samuel McClain Dunta Decoud WillyMo is a helI of a secondary to say the least

Top notch, Arguably will be the best secondary in the league. If the defensive line gets better next season it won't be time to throw but to check downs. My main reason for wanting Grimes back is for those teams that run 4 and 5 wr sets like GB and NO. With Grimes, Samuel, Robinson, McClain locked on em it makes it hard to find somebody. Especially bringing some pressure along with Nolans exotic looks.