Lofton To Net Us A Late 3Rd Round Pick?

THE ICEMAN

This is good info to no as it gives TD more ammo.

Your right about Dent he has been better lately much like alot of our young guys alot want right now for the light to turn on but don't realise it takes time for these guys to develop.Dent is in that boat.Much like Reynolds Hawley Walker and alot of these mid later round draftee's.

This is good info to no as it gives TD more ammo.

Your right about Dent he has been better lately much like alot of our young guys alot want right now for the light to turn on but don't realise it takes time for these guys to develop.Dent is in that boat.Much like Reynolds Hawley Walker and alot of these mid later round draftee's.

About LB, we could use some backups, but we play so much nickel D that we do not need another starter.

We DO have tons of young guys all over, especially at DE and O line. There is a fairly good chance TD bypasses some positions we think need upgrading to allow Nolan and Koetter and Hill a chance to develop what we have.

Could this be the draft where we finally go after BPA?

BTW Kerney netted us a third rounder. I think Lofton more likely gets us a fourth, though a third is possible.

About LB, we could use some backups, but we play so much nickel D that we do not need another starter.

We DO have tons of young guys all over, especially at DE and O line. There is a fairly good chance TD bypasses some positions we think need upgrading to allow Nolan and Koetter and Hill a chance to develop what we have.

Could this be the draft where we finally go after BPA?

BTW Kerney netted us a third rounder. I think Lofton more likely gets us a fourth, though a third is possible.

Could well be on the $$$$$ with BPA I mean that opens up alot of oppourtunities here you could go TE then if anything.

I just want Nolan to have a huge hand in building this defense into a beast so he can go even more exotic with his scheme's I mean thus far with very little pass rush or blitzing he has confused the best in the league add pass rush this unit automatically becomes a different animal he could really go after teams.

TD has been a genius as far as how he works the offseason and nets us extra picks while still bringing in players like Asante and TG that don't effect what we'd get for Lofton. I'd expect a 3rd or 4th out of him. We lost him to a fairly decent sized contract, he's played every game and we didn't really bring in any FA's of note.

Naw... It looks like a 4th round pick.... With Akeem Dent improvement.... Thats a nice pick (The 4th round pick we will get)

I thought compensatory picks were based on the player lost. What happened with him after he left, his contract, his playing time, etc....the player that replaced him doesnt really have a bearing on that, does he? I would think that Lofton being a starter with a good contract for the taints would mean we'd get better compensation for him?

I thought compensatory picks were based on the player lost. What happened with him after he left, his contract, his playing time, etc....the player that replaced him doesnt really have a bearing on that, does he? I would think that Lofton being a starter with a good contract for the taints would mean we'd get better compensation for him?

Highest you can get is a 3rd and thinking about it Lofton will most likely bring back a 4th still pretty good

There is a formula for which pick it will be that should be better than just speculating. FA net loss vs gain, post season honors, playing time, amount of contract...has anyone run the numbers?

Well we didn't sign anyone that would count against us, Lofton played the majority of their defensive snaps, he was signed to a decent contract, I think we will get a 4th round for him, maybe a 7th for Weems.

would like to know for sure though

Lofton will net us a late 3rd round comp pick right?

If so this turned out pretty good I think Dent started off bad but has gotten a lot better lately. People forget its only Dent's 2nd season and his 1st season really play a key role.

I can tell a huge difference in dents confidence as of late. **** continue to grow as he adjusts to his assignments

The formula calls for a net loss to any qualifying FA signed during the FA period. In the Falcons case, Asante will not count as that was a "trade". I dont think we signed any qualifying FAs during FA this year (FA pickips that were not drafted dont count, nor does Tatupa count as he was signed before FA after being out of football.

Therefore, since we didn't sign any qualifying FA's all of our losses count as a net loss: FB Ovie Mughelli, ILB Curtis Lofton, SS James Sanders, KR Eric Weems. We will definitely get a high compensatory pick for Lofton, possibly a late round for Weems....not sure about the other losses

Therefore, since we didn't sign any qualifying FA's all of our losses count as a net loss: FB Ovie Mughelli, ILB Curtis Lofton, SS James Sanders, KR Eric Weems. We will definitely get a high compensatory pick for Lofton, possibly a late round for Weems....not sure about the other losses

Ovie was released so he isn't eligible for comp pick. I believe we had Lofton, Weems, Sanders, and Kelvin Hayden. Not sure if the contract for Sanders and Hayden would meet the threshold for comp pick though.

Ovie was released so he isn't eligible for comp pick. I believe we had Lofton, Weems, Sanders, and Kelvin Hayden. Not sure if the contract for Sanders and Hayden would meet the threshold for comp pick though.

ok, so I will look at the contracts and playing time of Lofton and Weems, I doubt Sanders or Hayden will count as well.

Lofton signed for 5 years / $27.50 million with the Saints, that's a good sized contract and is the full time starter

Mario Williams would qualify as a 3rd round compensatory pick after signing a 6 year $100 Million contract, over 3 times the size of Loftons. Several other players like Carl Nicks and Courtland Finnegan signed $50 Million deals. I would think a 4th at most for Lofton just looking at the data above.

Weems signed for 3 years/ $4.2 million with Chicago and returned kicks in 15 games. This would be a typical 7th round compensatory.

There is a formula for which pick it will be that should be better than just speculating. FA net loss vs gain, post season honors, playing time, amount of contract...has anyone run the numbers?

I don't think they release the exact formula but the most important thing is the money. Dawan Landry signed pretty much an identical contract last year and netted the Ravens a 4th. I can't see us getting anything else.

We might get a 6th out of Weems and will get 7's for Hayden and Sanders. We didn't sign anyone during the signing period and lost 4.

Edited by Cam Topdrew Bottom