What Position Do You Want Drafted In The First?

Knight of God

I see something different all of the time, but only in a couple of positions. DE and OL.

For me, I'm good with any. I don't think we are that far off. Would like to see nearly anything happen this year, no exceptions.

a TE, a ham-snatching NT, or ILB, depending on who is available.

the UGA homers would agree with me that if Jonathan Jenkins was still there, snag him at the end of rd 1. I'm guessing that won't happen. At that point we either trade back into the early-mid 2nd and get the next best option and get Williams from Alabama, although I think he's a significant drop off from Jenkins. Otherwise I would like to see us look at Minter, who seems to be pretty instinctive and physical. To me it's undeniable we need an ILB. He should be an upgrade over Dent and even if he isn't, we have nobody behind him. If Eifert is still here I could see that pick as well, personally I don't think he'll be there that late. Really to me it's him or Jenkins and if not, trade back into mid 2nd and get Ertz (a very good TE also), Minter, or Williams.

Edited by Desert_Falcon

So many possibilities which would help. Of course, we are "handicapped" because we don't know what the coaches think of several of our young guys. For example, I would like to see the best player between a monster RG or DE in the first, but if the staff believes that Reynolds will start at RG and there is no DE considered a better prospect than Massiquoi(Sp?), then a quality TE would be a good pick.I do believe that a good feature RB will be available in the 3rd round. A very good receiver prospect, or a corner will likely be found in the 4th( we are looking at an age problem at corner in the next year or two). Since we will be drafting late in the 1st round, it would not be a surprise if we trade back into the low to mid 2nd and 3rd. The 2nd rounder could be only 5 to 7 picks below our 1st and we pick up an extra 3rd. That would be another way to "shake up" what we might be thinking now. It"s going to be a interesting and fun off season!!

Yeah, I wouldn't mind...BUT that would make Mass a wasted pick.

Really? Abe is still a great player, but he's pretty much the football equivalent of a closer- only playing a small percentage of snaps and only has a year or two left- having 2-3-4 great young pass rushers makes alot of sense to me.

Plus, if they run more 3-4, need more hybrid DE/OLB types.

Who I want depends on what they think of the young player on the lines- are Peters, Walker, Robertson & Jerry good enough in the middle?

Is Holmes going to be ready to play a tackle position, Reynolds healthy, Manley anything but a huge camp body?

First priority is keeping Ryan upright -so Olineman if they don't trust the youngsters, then Dline- either NT for 3/4 or another DE, then RB/TE, then some absolute speed for the STs- prob. a WR that could develop into a 3rd/4th WR, maybe a young corner who can go from dime to nickel to starter.

I think an OLineman or a Dlineman will be taken in the first two rounds, whoever is the best lineman will be taken. Hopefully. In the third we should grab a RB. As for TE, people should stop thinking a 1st round TE will automatically recreate the threat Tony G presents. We're going to need to think outside of the box for replacing that threat. Green Bay replaced Finley with Randall Cobb. I think we should go in a similar direction and grab a nasty slot receiver. Pass threat TEs are just too rare and theres a good chance a 1st rounder spent on one would be a waste.

Please no one say anything about Danny Amendola. He gets hurt literally every game. I've followed his career for the past three years because I like the way he plays, but he's too injury prone to rely on as trusty third option.

We need a pass rusher but we could take the BPA in the 1st like a slot WR or DT. Then we could get Lemonier late in the second or third. Lemonier is a guy who should only be on the field on 3rd downs because he sucks against the run. In the 1st I just don't think we should reach. We should get a guy who can make plays even if we don't NEED him. Tavon Austin would be great with our offense. I wouldn't mind seeing him taken.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind...BUT that would make Mass a wasted pick.

Ehh not really. We rotate our guys in so much grabbing another pass rusher or two would not be a bad thing.

With Abe probably done in a year or 2, with Sid unlikely to be resigned there will be some spots open.

To answer your question I will answer it how I always answer draft stuff............it depends on what we do in FA.

Lots of guys as FA would fill our needs/potential needs.

Sign Percy Harvin.

Let Tony retire.

DE/DT in first (Best D lineman avaliable)

OL in second (best O lineman available)

RB in third (speedy back like gillislee to take snaps with no fullbacks and take advantage of open lanes created by passing game)

blocking TE in fourth (Harvin will replace Tony as our third option)

beyond that, who cares. they won't make any impact.

I realize signing harvin is a stretch, but that would be so sick