Walterfooball Has Us Drafting

Knight of God

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we can really go wrong. That's why I posted a mock. So many ways we can go this year.

I think it was you I had a conversation about it back in the preseason. I was wanting Eifert back then. I agree though , this draft is really versatile for us. We have so many different options on which way to go.

I think the Oline problems should be addressed in FA. Pick up a guard that we know can play , no more gambling on it anymore. I think Konz will be better next year as center along with another off season to bulk up and work on technique.

I think it was you I had a conversation about it back in the preseason. I was wanting Eifert back then. I agree though , this draft is really versatile for us. We have so many different options on which way to go.

I think the Oline problems should be addressed in FA. Pick up a guard that we know can play , no more gambling on it anymore. I think Konz will be better next year as center along with another off season to bulk up and work on technique.

Who do suggest we sign?

There's not a very big list of FA guards

Guest facelessman07

I really like this one. All the impact DE's may be gone by the time we pick. People keep bringing up that Ball is only a product of his O-line but I'm unsure at the moment

Round 1 - Tyler Eifert

Round 2 - Larry Warford

Round 3 - Montee Ball

I have nothing against this at all. Thoughts...

I still think a duo of Quizz and Snelling can get it done. We can address RB way later. In the 2nd round if there's a beefy NT there, get that and get OG in the 3rd rd. I still think LB (particularly ILB) and NT are our biggest needs, but I do like the Eifert pick, just not sure he will be there that late in the 1st round.

I've seen both Sam Montgomery and Tyle Eifert in the first. I wouldn't be opposed to either of those picks. If we go offense in the first, it has to be a game-changing TE like Eifert. We'll go heavy in the trenches in this draft, and getting Montgomery this late in the draft would be a steal.

Grabbing a RB like Ball in the third or fourth would also be a good move. This is a very deep d-line class, so even if we go in the direction of Eifert in the first, we can grab quality players in the later rounds. However, if we don't go Eifert in the first, I say you go RB, such as Ball, in the third or fourth. TE can come even later at that point.

Don't know much about him, i saw that he was a FA, he is only 300 lbs is he good pass and run blocker?

He is pretty good. One of the reasons Spiller and Jackson do so well.

Another really good one is Brandon Moore from the Jets. He is 33 but still has at least a few years in him. He is probably the best available. If we could entice him away from them to join a good team with a real QB for a few years that would kick azz.

Is Ball a Senior? He has been run into the ground and overused up in Wisconsin. Sure he will be fine for 3-4 years but could see him wearing out early in NFL.

I don't think NFL teams are worried about the amount of carries a college kid has. They aren't going to wear down. They are in college. That is what they are supposed to do.