How The Falcons Have Success In The Playoffs

Big_Dog

Plain and simple solution. Don't have one minute of lackluster playing. We have the talent and have proven our ability when we play pedal to the metal. The only time we look scarey is when we seem to slack off a bit, especially so when we are leading. Play the entire 60 minutes as a cohesive, talented team that we are and we can beat whomever we have to face. Go Falcons! You CAN do this!

I'd like to see an offensive mentality where they pass to set up the run. With Ryan significantly improving his accuracy this season, and another year of growth in terms of recognizing what the D is trying to do and being able to exploit them, the Falcons passing can't be stopped. Someone- White, Julio, Gonzo- will be covered by a single defender and they are good enough to beat that defender.

I loved the addition of the quick toss to Quizz to get him to the corner. The 2nd TD to Roddy vs DET was awesome b/c they had just run the same play to Julio. Koetter saw how the Lions were defending that play and knew to exploit it. New wrinkles and that kind of in-game adjustment suggests the Falcons will be much better on offense in this postseason. My only concern is they fall prey to the "gotta run to win in the playoffs" mentality and kill early game momentum with no-gain hand-offs up the middle to Turner in the 1st qtr. Letting Ryan carve up the D will open running lanes later.

On D, i'm confident Nolan can dial up enough confusing looks and the Falcons can do what they've been doing to get a turnover or two. The key is the offense scoring early to put pressure on the opponent. Aggressiveness doesn't mean throwing deep every play. But it does mean acknowledging that Ryan/White/Gonzo/Jones is the key to the Falcons making it to the Super Bowl and let them do what they do best.

After watching the sfo ne game I believe it more...if you get a lead play to control the clock...dont take deep shots until you are already in fg range....run or throw short passes, eat clock make every defensive stop you make more significant....formula isn't enough though it has to be executed well..move the ball for first downs