Can Anyone Explain To Me Why The Falcons Should Be The Best Team In The Nfl?

JabooAlwaysWins

I was checking out ESPN power rankings and they've got Denver ahead of the Falcons, a team which the Falcons beat earlier this year. I think the Falcons need to be number one after destroying the Lions last week but yet I feel that they don't get their due. I felt this way after the bye week when you guys were struggling against mediocre team but rolled through a lot of good teams. Yes ya'll had a bad day against Carolina but it happens. It's kind of absurd that the Falcons aren't getting their due, can ya'll give me reasons and facts why they should be number 1.

I honestly don't know why ATL is snubbed so much my best guess is poor playoff performance and we look impotent cos that's all anyone ever talks about. I remember them discussing Falcons on PFT the week before the season started and one guy straight up said "we don't even need to talk about this team until playoff time I don't care how many teams they beat win in January" I mean if thats the case why do any of us talk football before the Superbowl? I think we should be ranked number 1 for this simple fact, every single thing during this season that everyone has said we couldn't do we did. Been proving em wrong all season and we'll keep proving em wrong till we're hoisting our first Lombardi before anyone knows it. Blink and you'll miss it

Edited by FalconNfla

I honestly don't know why ATL is snubbed so much my best guess is poor playoff performance and we look impotent cos that's all anyone ever talks about. I remember them discussing Falcons on PFT the week before the season started and one guy straight up said "we don't even need to talk about this team until playoff time I don't care how many teams they beat win in January" I mean if thats the case why do any of us talk football before the Superbowl?

Its no secret why we are snubbed.

Lack of championships in our franchise history

we have not been competitive till recently,

save for a few, we havent had many elite players,

we are in the city of Atlanta til recently southern states havent been much of anything sports related.

also we are in the south college football reigns supreme in the south.

no drama

seriously just choose something.

Its no secret why we are snubbed.

Lack of championships in our franchise history

we have not been competitive till recently,

save for a few, we havent had many elite players,

we are in the city of Atlanta til recently southern states havent been much of anything sports related.

also we are in the south college football reigns supreme in the south.

no drama

seriously just choose something.

You the past is involved doesn't that mean that you guys beat the Giants which were the SB champions last year? Wouldn't that be good addition?

You the past is involved doesn't that mean that you guys beat the Giants which were the SB champions last year? Wouldn't that be good addition?

Nope, not enough to gain national media attention. Until the Falcons win a championship we will not get any attention no matter what the accomplishments are sad but its the truth. Playoff wins will be nice but it will still get tossed aside for the Jets, Giants, and any other team with multiple SB wins or Drama. Texans get the same treatment.

It's simple really, they are the Atlanta Falcons. It is what it is. I truly believe even if Atlanta wins a Super Bowl, there will be several media heads that refuse to acknowledge that we won the Lombardi.

I can see Heath Evans or Skip Bayless saying something along the lines of 'Well an interesting end to the 20xx season, we had some close games and blowouts. The play-offs were very exciting, culminating in one of the best AFC Conference Championship games ever played, Congrats (insert AFC team) on a great year." "So Steven A. Smith, what do you see happening in the off-season and next season" Smith replies "Let me tell you about the NY Giants blah blah blah"

The media will always have their favorite players. Payton manning and Brady can do no wrong. Their name alone says they are better than the falcons even if the falcons beet their team during the year.

The falcons are a smaller franchise without the over glorified history. The have a shady past especially after 07. Vick as falcon = evil. Vick as Eagle = ohhhh great comeback second chance story.

Record alone speaks for itself. The teams dont set the schedule the NFL does. We cant decide who we face or who is gonna be good or bad during the season. They line then up and we knock them down.

The South and east last season where considered 2 of the toughest devisions. But let the falcons have the best NFC record and the media starts to trash the 2 like we havent faced anyone.

We are the best plain and simple. Not to be a homer but as the #1 record no one does it better. We won games and more games than any other team in the NFC. The NFL might love them some Payton manning but we did it better than him and our record proves that.

No fan of any team except maybe the texans have had a fun year as much as falcons fans. Every sunday (except 2 to rivals) we celebrate and even in defeat we did it better over all than anyone.

Cowboys get tons of respect for their comebacks but Ryan has been a beast at home and on the road this season and we are masters of the comeback. We have been on TV a lot this year. They might not like us, but the have to respect us. You dont get the #1 seed without putting in work. Fact!

Same thing for a team with the worst record. They suck and are the worst in the NFL, regardless of individual stats or anything. At the end of the day w/l check marks are all that matter.

worst record = worst team in NFL

Best record = best (until someone beats them in post season if they can)

I still don't think they're that good. Too many close games, not enough good victories. No running game, below average defense. The Giants game was their only huge statement, and now that team won't even be in the playoffs. I don't see them as #1.

they beat every team in their schedule though, this isn't the BCS...

I still don't think they're that good. Too many close games, not enough good victories. No running game, below average defense. The Giants game was their only huge statement, and now that team won't even be in the playoffs. I don't see them as #1.

A panther fan having the balls to say " not enough good victories" is comical at best.

We have as many " good victories" as the panthers have won.....COMBINED.

Picking off Brees and Manning a combined 5 times in the GA dome were not statements? Going to Detroit and dominating the lions who despite their record have played lots of close games including beating everyone chic pick now the Seahawks..... and beating them by 2+ scores with HFA on the line is not a "statement">>

Going TO SD after a short week.........when teams have a like a 25% chance to win ( east coast going west) and dominating the chargers IN Sd was not a statement??

Shutting down cam AGAIN is not a statement?

Sending The bucs into a tailspin when they were the nfl hottest offense IN tampa was not a statement??

Yeah here is a statement.....

You sound like an idiot when you say stuff like that.

But I will say as panther thing you know a thing or 2 about teams who wont be going to the playoffs.

I still don't think they're that good. Too many close games, not enough good victories.

IF THE PANTHERS HAD WON THEIR CLOSE GAMES, GUESS WHAT?

YOU'D BE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS. BUT YOU DIDN'T. WHEN YOU

WIN ONE OR TWO CLOSE GAMES, YOU MAY BE LUCKY, BUT WHEN

YOU WIN A LOT OF CLOSE GAMES .... YOU'RE GOOD. AND ALL

YOU NEED FOR A GOOD VICTORY IS ONE POINT MORE THAN AN

OPPONENT. STYLE POINTS DON'T COUNT IN THE NFL. 13-2 IS 13-2.

BUT I UNDERSTAND, ITS HARD TO SWALLOW THIS PILL. BUT ITS

TRUE MEDICINE NONE THE LESS.

this is a case where reality does not equal perception..... falcons have plenty of "good" victories.... in fact they have 13 good victories, more then any other team in the league.

A panther fan having the balls to say " not enough good victories" is comical at best.

We have as many " good victories" as the panthers have won.....COMBINED.

Picking off Brees and Manning a combined 5 times in the GA dome were not statements? Going to Detroit and dominating the lions who despite their record have played lots of close games including beating everyone chic pick now the Seahawks..... and beating them by 2+ scores with HFA on the line is not a "statement">>

Going TO SD after a short week.........when teams have a like a 25% chance to win ( east coast going west) and dominating the chargers IN Sd was not a statement??

Shutting down cam AGAIN is not a statement?

Sending The bucs into a tailspin when they were the nfl hottest offense IN tampa was not a statement??

Yeah here is a statement.....

You sound like an idiot when you say stuff like that.

But I will say as panther thing you know a thing or 2 about teams who wont be going to the playoffs.

Cam Jordan? Since THE Cam had around 700+ total yards, 6 TD, 0 int vs the Falcons this season.

13-2 = not that good

4th ranked scoring defense = below average

Defeat Broncos, Cowboys, Redskins and Saints = no good victories

This post is **** full of Christmas Fail!!

13-2 = not that good

4th ranked scoring defense = below average

Defeat Broncos, Cowboys, Redskins and Saints = no good victories

This post is **** full of Christmas Fail!!

not to mention the crappy rotating schedule that puts the team on the road every single week.